/Brit/

Soft_member
Soft_member

British cuisine appreciation thread

Attached: DY5UWiHXUAA8NDX.jpg (526 KB, 1638x2048)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

inb4 toast sandwich, stargazy pie and jellied eels

girlDog
girlDog

British cuisine
looks distinctly Scottish to me, or at least northern as fuck.

Snarelure
Snarelure

P I E B A R M
I
E
B
A
R
M

Spamalot
Spamalot

surely the correct preposition would be 'in'?

Bidwell
Bidwell

This bullshit pisses me off. How can they take the best part, aka the metallic pie tin, off of the pie on a barm?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

What cuisine?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

why do you think that's the best part?

Supergrass
Supergrass

UK here, don't even know what a 'barm' is.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

I visited the north once, so that's why I recognise it

askme
askme

i really like meat pies

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Ahahaha. Original comment

JunkTop
JunkTop

I impregnated this British girl a while back and while she was here we made a "roast dinner", she had sent me a box of English snacks and whatnot and in it came a Yorkshire pudding mix that I hadn't made.

I gave her the task of making them while I dealt with the chicken, potatoes, and what not; she was all about them, would always talk up the Yorkshire pudding and honestly, they weren't very good. She said they came out just like back home in England and she enjoyed them with the gravy and what not, but like every other English thing I tried outside of chocolate (and her lady parts) they were pretty underwhelming.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Slapping a pie onto mash and smothering it in gravy is a thousand times better than enchiladas to me.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Attached: W020130712302712430371.jpg (145 KB, 900x597)

FastChef
FastChef

Obviously a premade mix Yorkshire won't be great

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

I mean they were ok, they seemed to come out well, they were flaky and kind of crispy, but the flavor was just kind of bland for like a bread type side. Idk, maybe it's an American thing where I expected them to have a different more bready flavor than they did.

She did say she normally didn't use a mix and would just buy them from what I inferred. I roasted the bird on the barbecue and she seemed to get a kick out of that.

girlDog
girlDog

The flavor is meant to come from the roast grease you mix in it

Techpill
Techpill

It's not even a northern thing, it's used by people in and around the Manchester area only.
It sounds dumb as fuck.

Evilember
Evilember

What a fucking disgrace. Bit bois were a mistake...
english breakfast
every item is american food. Lmao theese shit mouthed queens are so obsessed with us. Sorry Brit boi.

StonedTime
StonedTime

British food isn't that bad when it comes to like meat pies, goose and orher stuffed game birds, sausages, fried fish and desserts but why in the fuck do you guys let toddlers name your dishes? It sounds retarded to say some of them

Attached: 1520808826951.png (718 KB, 549x547)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Maybe that's why it was kind of lacking in flavor then. I don't think the directions called for any kind of grease and I imagine you can't match roast grease with powder. Is this something you regularly eat if you're English?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

I like the one that says SOME juicy bits!

Attached: 1495054728990.jpg (205 KB, 480x480)

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Americans invented bacon, sausages, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, toasted bread, baked beans, etc.

Americans invented anything of note in the culinary sphere.

Being this unaware of your cunt's complete lack of culture and actually considering yourself in a position to criticise any Old World country for its history.

Being American and a literal child leads to astounding levels of retardation.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Yorkshire puddings have to be roasted in hot-as-fuck fat for them to rise properly. The actual mixture is pretty much an unsweetened Scotch pancake batter; on its own it's pretty unexciting but a well cooked Yorkshire just elevates a roast dinner by giving you a crunchy, fatty accompaniment to your meat, gravy, tats, etc.

takes2long
takes2long

Hey guess what friend, the brit bois days are over. USA has craft beer, craft burger, siracha, belmounsee rice, you name it. Keep clinging to your meat pie. And by the way, all those foods you listed are grade A Americana.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

chicken bog
sloppy joes
dirty rice
snickers """"""""salad"""""""
koolicles
tater tot casserole
scrapple

likme
likme

charging 40% of a Queens just to butter the barm

Galloways a shit. Greenhalges is king

Supergrass
Supergrass

40p for butter? Robbing Northern cunts

MPmaster
MPmaster

British ingredients are top tier, it's just the use of said ingredients which lets the team down. Best sausages, cheese and beef in the world.

Spamalot
Spamalot

The UK has a lot of good spiced buns and fruit loaves/tea cakes. We get Hot Cross Buns around easter and they're magnificent.

Attached: hcb.jpg (591 KB, 3000x2000)

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

this triggers the non-anglo
this breakfast helped us to conquer the world.
our decline in power is directly correlated to the decline in daily consumption of this most holy sacrament.

Attached: 1e7fc4fffbdc88efad615e1048f75c9f.jpg (174 KB, 750x750)

SniperGod
SniperGod

Ah, nothing like London in the spring!

RavySnake
RavySnake

Scotland is part of Britain my low IQ american friend.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

It's weird. Great ideas, like Yorkshire puddings to go with a tradition of roasting a chunk of meat on Sunday, and your average Bong takes his beef well-done, and with a side of overboiled root veg.

RumChicken
RumChicken

Americans are really desensitised to flavour because put corn syrup and Cajun spices on everything.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Yes, the Scots are well known for referring to rolls as Barms...

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I can't imagine why a person wouldn't eat this every day given half a chance
Cajun spices on everything
if only

JunkTop
JunkTop

tfw getting into drunken arguments with an Irish over whether or not Ireland was part of Britain

Granted, the same Mick didn't believe Japan was much of a threat in WW2, and that the Pacific Theatre didn't happen.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

He doesn't put Tony Chachere's on everything

I bet you don't even own a gun faggot

Nojokur
Nojokur

Tony Chachere's
clearly not cajun

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

That is more debateable, technically the island of Ireland is part of the British Isles, although the Irish don't like that that term. Northern Ireland is certainly part of the British State of the United Kingdom, but not part of the geographic island of Great Britain. Scotland is both situated on the island of Great Britain and part of the British state, so on both counts is British. It's only ignorant people who think of exclusively the English when they say 'British'.

cum2soon
cum2soon

I can't imagine why a person wouldn't eat this every day given half a chance
the people have been led to believe that it's unhealthy.
but look at the current state of our feeble men and our angry women.
it doesn't take a genius to see who is behind this.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit