Big Alan Moore fan right here

Big Alan Moore fan right here.
Reading this. Fuck, it's awful.
He just name dropped GTA San Andreas.

Only another 1000 pages to go

I'm on page 898. Send help.

>He just name dropped GTA San Andreas.
And? That's supposed to be awful? Writers can only namedrop Greek mythology?

If you must. If possible, DO NOT namedrop everything ever

I like it. Too bad your HUGE brain cant enjoy it. Stick to Plato and Joyce.

I like the middle volume (paperback set here), but it starts slow and weird for sure. Not the intentional kind of weird either, but the kind where he's been talking to the snake puppet for too long and doesn't have an editor. Still worth it to my mind, though, cause the bits that are good are REALLY good.

what's it about? retaking the holy land?

It's basically Dubliners for Northampton, except a rambling novel instead of short stories. And there's some Gnostic/occult undertones about "time as a flat circle", everything in life being eternal, etc.

well put.

It's basically what happens when a delusional-comic book writer suddenly realizes that literature can actually be "deep" in a way they were unaccustomed to expecting from being overwhelemed with other mediums with more immediate access to pleasure and illusionary grandeur and then in execution they are unable to properly display this exciting and "novel" discovery in good measured taste .
See early for DFW for a similar example.

starts awfully slow, but you'll find many of the chapters making up the first book are great, except maybe the last few

Dumb ass.

I think he recently discovered DFW

Oil 'aave you know, its Ulysses moltiploied boi Finnegans Woike only better, you cheeky whippersnaaaper

What makes Moore delusional? He's always had a love of literature unlike most comic writers who only read comics and wikipedia articles

That part wasn't the dig. Most writers are delusional, that's where creativity comes from (I think). What I'm saying is that good writing comes from exposing the divine/whatever in the minutiae of observable life. I think this skill is probably best learned through years of suffering, asceticism or even futile idealism, all things i dont doubt Moore can relate to but still are a litttle left-field for someone that enjoys the bombastic nerdery afforded to the white-jesus bubble-world's foolsh idea of cool

>Gnostic/occult undertones
dropped

Pussy

>the bombastic nerdery afforded to the white-jesus bubble-world's foolsh idea of cool
Uh...?

calm down Marcion

>Northampton

Northamptonian reporting in.

he's tremendously egotistical
think of the fact that he's argued about every film adaption ever done of his work
most comic writers would be humbled despite the quality of the adaption and if not, they'd at least maintain silence on the topic (think of how many people worked on those films) but he has the audacity to shit on them anyway like some sort of Katherine Heigl. The very fact that he published a novel that imitates Joyce (considered one of the greatest authors of all time) shows a complete lack of deference

Are there any passages that refer to AM getting cucked by his 1st wifes lesbian lover?

What does GTA have to do with North Hampton? Dropped.

The entirety of your post is wrong.

far as I know his position is either

a) sure you can make the movie, and perhaps naively I'll trust people can make a distinction between your work and mine (e.g. from hell, league)

or

b) since you (WB/DC) basically cheated me out of the rights to my work and i have no say on whether the movie gets made or not, i'd rather not be involved to any extent in its production or promotion, and any movie derived therefrom should be passed up onto the artists, who are actually supportive of the movie getting made (watchmen, v for vendetta, constantine)

far as i can gather from interviews, he hasn't even watched any of the movies from b), due to his disinterest being absolute. he's only spoken out against shit like WB putting out a press release saying the Wachowkis talked to Moore about V and he was excited about what they had to say

any money* not any movie

He'd be better taking the $$$$ and spreading it around Northampton. God knows it needs it.

>not composing your book entirely out of namedrops

Post the gta quote

Pynchon talks about Hideo Kojima and MGS in Bleeding Edge, who cares?

What's the matter, kid?

BAD at reading?

jamesjoycedisgusted.png

There's always a little neat stack in Northampton Waterstones that nobody touches.

I really haven't got a clue who it's aimed at if the townfolk aren't touching it. Not that I go there that often though, fuck paying £10 a book.

I really liked it. Like some other poster said, when it was good it was really good. I enjoyed the experimental and referential sections as well and they really contributed to the end result of the novel.

Some of you cunts are so far up your own ass. I hope you suffocate.

>about "time as a flat circle", everything in life being eternal, etc.
so the same thing he's always been on about? th difference is that watchmen isn't occult in any way

Why are you shilling for the movie industry?
>think of how many people worked on those film
?????

> boohoo I hate every book ever

> implying James Joyce didn't want Nora's Joycy cunto

that sounds really fun desu