How do we “fix” the English language?

How do we “fix” the English language?

You'll have to keep fixin it becuz guys like me keep wreckin it

>Prescriptivism
wew

Remove Latin and French influence. English is supposed to be Germanic.

>English is supposed to be Germanic.
Hmmm...
Says who?

This
The only true way to fix English is to reconstruct it from old English and go from there
Remove the Latin influence

A. Broblems with sbelling English

a) Ids not a fonetig languaje.

b) Fug.

I think I've spotted some Latin influence right here!

We should just start using Latin again, it's a superior language

Good luck with that

This.

Leave it alone. I like how our spelling works.

This.

Everyone.

>Latin
That's not Proto-Indo-European.

>fix the english language
stop diluting words like "literally" into meaningless mush
stop allowing garbage shortenings like "celeb" and "totes"
stop allowing 14 year old girls to influence dictionaries in general
learn to accept new words and slang that are not just repackagings of pre-existing words, but actually fit a niche meaning that was never before contained in a single word like soyboy
allow the english language to expand and blossom into millions of different words, all with subtly different undertones and implications, with no two words or phrases exactly like each other
diversity is our strength

The current system is already prescriptivist.

You mean voices in your head?

Language is gonna language what you gonna do about it?

You're denying English is Germanic? Or my use of "supposed to be"?

I recall a thread on this board not too long ago where most people seemed to think that the sources of a language's vocabulary indicated the derivation of that language; i.e. that English must have derived from Latin since it has so much Latin in its vocabulary. That's how stupid people on Veeky Forums are.

Humans are supposed to be humans, oops we got Neanderthal and Denisovan dna, oops we got retroviruses

I'm gonna persist in a hardheaded purposeful misinterpretation of what people mean when they use """""""""""""""""""""""""""""words""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" that are objectively weakening our ability to communicate with each other and thus undermining the only reason for language at all

And surprise, that's basically what this idiot is saying, that because English has Latin vocabulary then that means that English is somehow not Germanic.

Yeah it is, but that doesn't mean it isn't when it has foreign influences. That's the point but you were the one to stupid to figure it out.

If you can get me a proto-indo-european grammar book I'll get started

>my use of "supposed to be"

>parlair anglais en 2017
filles-qui-rient.jpg

I'm not a fan of Hume.

>he communicates

>2017년에 프란스어를 말하다
웃는-여자들.jpg

>inglese nel 2017
speropropriochevoiragazzinonlofacciate.formatoimmaginecartella

>dis endire bread

>The symbols ω and y

You idiot. Our writing system is a human construct, and when you're talking about writing systems, its okay to be prescriptivist.

Let me introduce:
ergrguioogshoorughsoortguhoroguherpg973hw4+fg9723y4+t9ubnå9fujbrt8uhm\e84utnb\203857V34FQ83J2\40F83J\FG09EIJK+F0THKGUM0LY+MN0KRT893IJ5T\083UY4RT\E8RJG¨0RFTIBKR\0T8JHIR\08HJR\T0B8KMETG0EIMKRG\08ERJG\0WE8RJGTOE5\YE
5+OETH+EHEK¨R+G9WEJRG¨+9WSJG¨+WS9UFGJ¨S+9JFGKS'+FOGVK¨F+B9D¨\G89UEB\0358UH\3058H356\8935H7\93G5H7\93G5H7\9G54H\978WG54H7\92G54H7\92G54H7\92G54H92G54H9\23G5H9\3G5H93G5ÅH93G5Å3G5H9Å3G5H9Å3G5H9Å3G5H9Å3G5H9Å

Or as it'd be spelled in our current language, "penislang"

Its mashing your keyboard randomly, and you convery meaning purely of off how hard you mash (how long each paragraph of mashing is).

If you cant call this way of communicating bs, just because of "muh prescriptivism", you are a retard.

Totes this