ITT: Book collections worth having

ITT: Book collections worth having.

Apparently the Landmark Arrian in hardback because it's fucking impossible to find below MSRP

Pic not related

I have most of the Great Books series. It's pretty good.

"THREE NOVELS" is just the bloody worst thing.

when will a Fahrenheit 451 hit those volumes jesus fuck

>not a bait.jpg
the worst thing is that is true

If you really fall in love with an author you might be able to justify buying their anthology, but for the most part book collections are just status symbols that get in the way of genuine literary experience.

What
Tf is that. His stories fit in a single book, and so does his poetry. What's the rest? Never read his essays n shit btw

and that is not all that he wrote

I’ve got the divine comedy, it’s not bad.

Complete Lovecraft, Divine Comedy, and Illiad/Odyssey are only mildly acceptable ones in there. And that's a tepid, begrudging acceptance of their existence. You'd be better off tracking down a Folio of them though.

>Stephen King
>Douglas Adams
>Dan Brown
Why would they ruin the collection with such atrocious "literature"?

Does the girl who posted this know that she's a meme?

Goddamn bricks, all of them!

I'm conflicted about books.

I love them but I also want to own as few material possessions as possible. Which would of course mean not keeping a collection.
Having some incredible ones always on hand for reference material would, however, be useful.

Just hide your bookshelves.

The saturation/brightness is turned up, a lot of the darker brown ones really don’t look bad

I have a couple of the B&N leatherbounds. Very much regret them. I wish they'd stuck with the old style from when they first started, just black/brown leatherbound books without much detail on them. These gaudy bright colors with horrible cover art offend me.

>would of

what is the "Star Wars" book?

Harvard's five-foot shelf. Cheaply available, fairly thorough and with quite a number of surprises/unusual choices (I think mostly due to length... New Atlantis over New Organon; Milton's prose over Paradise Lost)

>99% of the translated works are just public domain translations outdated since the 1900s

would / of course / mean

The novelizations of the original Star Wars trilogy.

this is plebeian

Who Ancient Commentators on Aristotle here?

What is this?
Is it in English or French?

That collection is designed to produce a certain kind of person by omitting some key players in this whole western civy game. Enjoy your secular empiricist positivist starter pack.