Hi

Hi,

All the books on my Kindle disappeared yesterday, and I don't know why. In the storage, it tells me that 500Mb are occupied but only by "other" files. I tried to download again a book I bought a few months ago (I was at like 50 pages from the end) and it only tells me to check it in my library, when it's not in my library.

Anyone could help with that issue? I'm not even sure it's the right place to ask, but who knows.

>buying digital books
The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

I just checked and the Kindle still has all my collections, but they're all empty.

lmao
I bought a few books, yeah. Most of them were downloaded tho.

I just went to my physical bookshelf and all my books were there.

Did you restart it?
Yeah well just wait until the intellectual niggers will be done with your house you little bitch

I just tried to restart my physical book and guess what? No need to. I could simply open it and read away. Technology is amazing.

>den Fortschritt in seinem Lauf
>hält weder Ochs noch Esel auf

I'm really impressed you managed to do something so complicated.

Just wait until the fiery apocalypse comes and the only thing that survives is the cloud and my Kindle, I'll be reading it the comfort of scorched mountains and you'll be bawling your eyes out pussy.

Wasn't complicated at all! Like, just take the media you want to enjoy and enjoy it. I didn't even need to charge the book beforehand.

It's almost as if any other way to enjoy books was inferior and only a capitalist invention.

gotta Google it m8

Your files have become corrupted. Hope for your sake that the warranty is still valid. Paper never fails, never corrupts. Let this be a lesson to you.

or he could have just thrown his ebook library on a synced cloud storage/usb folder

>the cloud
You do realize the cloud is just someone else's server that needs to be maintained right?

I just went over to my physical bookshelf and thought about making copies of every volume there in case they just disappear for no apparent reason but then I decided that this would be a very unlikely scenario and that I would therefore just waste my time.

im not the autist in question, i always buy physical copies of my favorite works.

But if i am reading for the first time, its pirate on kindle

fire can change that

My home hasn't burned down even once in 27 years. Software and hardware has failed me many times

You do realize it's fantasy talk, right?

>trusting amazon
I WARNED YOU

>bought kindle paperwhite
>still buy physical books

this desu.

to be ideologically opposed to kindle is fedora faggotry of the sort that is destroying every post on this board.

Content>Medium

I have at least three times bought both the ebook and the printed edition. Each time I heard Jeff bezos giggle in the background.

>It's almost as if any other way to enjoy books was inferior and only a capitalist invention.
buying a Kindle and torrenting all your books for it is actually more anti-capitalist than buying physical books. Amazon sells Kindles at a loss to recuperate profits, so you're hurting their profits by doing this, while also preventing (((publishers))) from making money too

e-readers are for idiots

buying crap is anti-capitalist
sure

ive never had a piece of technology with a longer shelflife (and battery, jesus christ) than my now 7 year old kindle touch. Make some marxist screed about feeding the capitalist pig, but as a device it is hardly crap

The medium is the message, user.

user i have had this problem and found a solution, do you still need help

yes, please help

well it's been a while but this worked for me, after restarts and other measures failed

1) change language on device from british->american english or vice versa

2) wait for it to flash-restart, still no library

3) plug device into pc usb wire

4) wait for pc to detect it

5) after detection go to bottom right hand corner of pc screen, i forget what that section is called, with the program icons, right click on usb device icon, and eject amazon kindle device (on a windows pc)

6) remove kindle from usb

7) library flashes back into existence

be interested to see if it works 4u

thanks, I'll try this, amazon is useless

I just walked over to my physical bookshelf with the intention to reset it in 7 simple, only slightly time-consuming steps so that my books will reappear but then I realized that I don't have to, because all of them are just there, ready to read.

I used to have the same feelings, before I owned my own condo and had filled it to the brim with books to the point that I looked like a schizo and my gf bought me a kindle to minimize the material in our life. Now I have a house and a dedicated library with 7-800 volumes, but I also have 45 gigs of ebooks.

Whenever people smugly talk about their library in the manner you just did, I know they are just children who havent moved more than twice in their life with 15 100 pound boxes of books.

I moved 11 times man. A few hours of hauling was all that was required.

>I used to have the same feelings, before I owned my own condo
hilarious

ok dude we get it you're a fag who loves shoving physical books up your ass all day. no one cares.

Aah, I ain't so sure about that. At least one guy is justifying himself and somehow I think its nagging on you, too

>not using custom firmware
>not torrenting your reading material

I have bad eyesight, so the built-in light and font size options in e-readers literally changed my life. I read like 5 times more than I did before getting one

A. Check their support. Some Indian helped me with a problem when I 'lost' my dictionaries. (moved them to hd while making backups)
B. If everything else fails. Delete all files and download again. If you bought them, you should still have your books tied to your account.

In the future just make sure to make backups, also rip drm off and upload to libgen.

Hi,

All the books on my Library disappeared yesterday, and I don't know why. In the storage, it tells me that all shelves are occupied but only by "other" objects. I tried to buy again a book I bought a few months ago (I was at like 50 pages from the end) and the cashier told me to check in on my bookshelf, when it's not in my bookshelf.

Anyone could help with that issue? I'm not even sure it's the right place to ask, but who knows.

Wow, I was thinking about picking up an e-reader. I was kind of on the edge because I like taking notes, but I imagined the convenience would make it worth it. Thanks!

i have never bought an ebook and i've had a kobo for three years. just download them for free, you idiot

I do this for dead authors. Which accounts for about 95% of my ebooks.

good point

I bought a kindle recently, but I get all my books from gutenberg etc. so I won't be buying them from amazon etc. Do you have to register the kindle with amazon after a while or can I use it forever without ever registering it? I don't want to get that special offer shit on my lockscreen.

I don't know, I use the superior Kobo.

I'm not even surprised to see a retard like you on lit that never learned reading comprehension. Did you buy an ereader to read 3rd grade childrens book because any sentence with more than six words in it puts a confused expression on your drool and paint covered retard face?

Have you tried connecting it to your computer via USB?
I only own a Tolino eReader and haven't had any such experience yet but perhaps you can view your downloaded books through a PC. If so, copy them to your desktop, delete em from the Kindle and paste the copied ones again.
If THAT doesn't work, get an onion-compatible browser and just do some piracy for the sake of getting your stuff back

I just phoned Amazon and wanted to register my physical bookshelf, but they said I don't have to. The agent suggested I simplygrab a book and read it. Said they wouldn't post ads to my shelf either.

I just walked over to my physical bookshelf with a long USB cable so I could connect it to my PC and see if I can view my books there, copy them to the desktop, delete them from my shelf and then paste the copied ones back to the shelf. But I tell you, it wasn't fucking necessary. The books were just standing there. I didn't even have to get an onion-compatible browser and do some piracy for the sake of getting my stuff back.

>because all of my books are there, sitting on my shelf instead of in my pocket wherever i go

Did I trigger you with my superior choice of e-reader?

With the nicest ereader in the world, youd still only be a retard with an ereader

Thanks for reminding me. I just walked over to my physical bookshelf, got out a book I wanted to read, tried to check its battery level to make sure it wouldn't die while I'm reading it but then realized it had none.
The, the worst thing happened.
I dropped the book.
The thing slammed down on my floor ike a motherfucker and I was already cursing. Fuck me, I said, now it is broken. But you know what? It wasn't! Didn't even have a scratch!

I then simply put it in my pocket.

I'd be surprised if you could even figure out how to use #bookz.

>reading one (1) book
lmao

Yes, you're a very special and smart snowflake for using an IRC channel with constructions you can find on google.
Also, not at all negating the fact that you're still a fucking retard. But hey, I'm sure you feel cool for using underground hack networks (which I'm sure is how you describe it to all your 14 year old retard friends) to get your books, and then brag about it on fucking Veeky Forums.

You got me there. So I went over to my phys... well, you know the drill. I got out another book then, put that in - hold tight, this is going to flash you - my SECOND pocket and then, just for fun, got out BOTH books and read them simultaneously! I didn't even have to tap on the screen, wait two seconds, tap the home button, wait until the screen has refreshed so that the last book I read is on top of the list, then scroll ten pages (each time waiting two seconds) and select the second book I want to read because I'm such a smartass that I read two books at once. No! Just flipped both of them open and read away!

where can i buy pants with pockets large enough to hold textbooks

I don't know. Personally, I use jackets. Where do you put your ereader? In your sweatpants?

back pocket of my 52x28 pants

Man, I was just kidding around. There's nothing wrong with Kindle's. Have a good one pal.

Sounds convenient, especially when sitting down.

I tried you guys ideas but nothing works, fuck this garbage

Settings/Device Options/Reset Device

Contact Amazon.

52x28 holy fuck user stop reading