Nick Land

Help me understand his work, please. I feel like it’s of immense importance today.

Other urls found in this thread:

autisticmercury.com/dark-star.html
electronicbeats.net/revolution9-an-interview-with-kode9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meme from reddit dank le mayamya from 9aga

>I feel like it’s of immense importance
It isn't, we just like to point and laugh

Land has had some reception outside of image boards.

Read the articles on his website

did you? is nick land generally worth the time?

seems like a highly speculative philosopher, and his recent plunge into /pol/-pandering makes him unappealing

read deleuze & guattari instead

The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.

The body count climbs through a series of globewars. Emergent Planetary Commercium trashes the Holy Roman Empire, the Napoleonic Continental System, the Second and Third Reich, and the Soviet International, cranking-up world disorder through compressing phases. Deregulation and the state arms-race each other into cyberspace.

By the time soft-engineering slithers out of its box into yours, human security is lurching into crisis. Cloning, lateral genodata transfer, transversal replication, and cyberotics, flood in amongst a relapse onto bacterial sex.

Neo-China arrives from the future.

Hypersynthetic drugs click into digital voodoo.

Retro-disease.

Nanospasm.

so its basically science fiction with vague allusions to philosophy

is this true

yeah. he had a profound influence on his students.

mark fisher ("capitalist realism") and the founder of dubstep were amongst them.
several others became well-known writers.

autisticmercury.com/dark-star.html

>founder of dubstep
>Kode9
>influenced by NickLand

stop getting your memes from wikipedia, literally none of that is true

electronicbeats.net/revolution9-an-interview-with-kode9/

kode9 didn't invent dubstep and if he didn't it had nothing to do with Nick Land

>/pol/-pandering

You have him all wrong. Seriously.

digital fuckdickeryosis

You need a high IQ desu, the way he writes is very convoluted and headache inducing but rewarding. Not even memeing

I’m at the point where he refutes existing physics by commenting upon Boltzmanns law and introduces another physics, based on drives.

I was like “N-Nani!?” I get he’s enormously intelligent and educated in many disciplines, but he isn’t qualified to reinterpret physics to this extent and is delusional if he believes he does.

>his recent plunge into /pol/-pandering makes him unappealing
CCRU-era Nick Land has nothing to do with his current persona.

It's even called "theory-fiction", mate.

see

what made him fall so far?

Some view this as the logical conclusion to his earlier line of thought, others think he just went insane due to years of drug abuse. Or maybe it's just middle-life crisis, when every other Western male falls in love with politics and "muh nostalgic past", only in his case it would be "muh malignant velocities".

just take some amphetamine and read neuromancer in a sitting

He knows he's not supposed to use words with the same meaning they have in physics, and he doesn't, but he expects you to somehow get it during reading, which is pretty insane since "getting" it is hard as fuck. Land is very cryptic and takes form over content by a large mile (same problem as Baudrillard), yet the content is somewhat good if you can dig it. The form is also very entertaining due to the introduction of blatant fiction elements.

It's a messy cauldron of filth that one might delight oneself in bathing.

why do you delight in bathing in filth you mangy cunt

POST LAND'S BEST ESSAYS: _______ (?)