Is she correct Veeky Forums? Is the culmination of all literary works available simply not enough to "help" everyone?

Is she correct Veeky Forums? Is the culmination of all literary works available simply not enough to "help" everyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(((sarah davidson)))

>reading literature for self-help
I don't wanna say this is exclusively a female thing, buuuuuuuuuut...

like people here don't circlejerk about how meditations made them a "better man"

No some people do care for it. She might not care for it, but she is confusing her own taste with everybody’s.

Yes. A person can't be considered worse that the other if he doesn't read “complex books” (whatever that means). Any argumentation about that immediately brings up the question of human purpose in life, a question that remains a little bit unsolved. Even though she phrases her idea using the terms that TRIGGER anti-Tumblr-matter, she doesn't enforce any specific system of measurements, unlike her opponents who would likely have to fall into that trap.

All people I know who don't read CAN read, if they tried I believe in them to understand complex books.

They don't want to, though.

There are few things more accessible to the poor than good literature. It doesn't even require a decent education. I'm a poor high school dropout and Dostoevsky was still capable of affecting me

A jew talking about privilege, now where have I heard that before?

If anyone here does that they should be banned

>tweetcap
>Is X correct?
>fp is echo
If you have nothing to offer but giggling over stale memes please stay on /pol/. I know that board is boring as hell and it's always worth a (You)try on any other board but anything beyond the impulse to dangle bait - can you even do that anymore?

>reading books is a privilege
unfathomably stupid bitch
the fuck you think the library is there for?
fuck this stupid bitch

Even poor ghetto kids have access to libraries.

reading makes you a better person but only if you're reading for reasons other than self-improvement #wow #whoa

If you have time to breed, you have time to read.

Maybe you can't afford to read books if you live in a third-world county. What a bitch.

half of Veeky Forums are women confirmed.

this infograph is meaningless if you don't say what proportions of the people pushing the concept of privilege are jewish out of the whole population of privilege pushers.
Haven't nearly half of the presidents of the United States been Irish, even the black one?

If you have a phone that can use pdf files, you can read books. Even poor people in the U.S. have expensive smart phones these days.

Anyone in a country with a library can read all the books they want. Even the most ghetto ass dude in the us can read until his eyes bleed. She is just mad she lacks the willpower to stop reading gossip on her phone long enough to read a book.

The concept of "white privilege" is a jewish conception and meme.

so privilege now literally means intelligence, thinks are getting really weird

Intelligence is like 80% genetic, so it is sort of a privilege

sauce

Read Harrison Bergeron by Vonnegut. It is the world these people want to create. Notice how fascists and commies always cull the intellectual class when guven power.

it's a place for homeless people to sleep in I thought

I wonder if she's ever considered that some people are privileged because they read, not in spite of it? Maybe she should try reading, although I really don't want to know what she considers "complex". People I work with tend to consider "complex" books as anything outside of YA. Which is funny, because they're all middle-aged women.

I know this concept is alien to someone, but not all intelligent people are educated. My dad has an IQ of 130 but he never finished middle school because he had to start working at 15 and I'm pretty sure he never finished a book in his life either.

wow he must be really smart. Good thing we have a test to verify his intelligence so that it doesn't go to waste.

What

ARE SARA

>you're privileged if you pick up a $5 stack of paper and read, something 86% of the entire world has been trained to do
>you're not privileged even if you waste hours killing your excessive free time on twitter using a $900 iphone on $30/mo internet over a 50 megabit fiber optic communications system that took decades and millions of man-hours to create and which exists only in extremely wealthy first world nations.

Hmm. Really gets your noggin joggin

excellence in equivalence. thank you for putting to words what I wasn't even clever enough to conceptualize.

i read hella books at the fucking library when i was homeless

>I'm pretty sure he never finished a book in his life either.
still, i bet he could do it if he put the effort, not that he has to, but he probably won't come crying to me about privilege so that's ok

>Silver(((berg)))
share your shareblue literature somewhere else, shill.

rly makes u fesfesd

my mom is dead my dad is dead i dont have hands nor internet cuz im so poor and stuff, and yet i still read so it dont work

okay thanks for clearing that up

fpbp

She's also a self-described "Marxist". She'll graduate college and eventually grow out of it.

>current year
>people growing out of anything
yeah, that doesn't happen anymore

>be sara
>be working as a tescos cashier
>constantly worry about people
>constantly worry about going to work
>be the living embodiment of cultural marxism
>be an advocate for the poor and homeless while living in your studio apartment and doing a degree in history
>promote a safe space and constantly whine about every opinion you hear at uni

Who do you think came up with and is pushing white privilege? 80 IQ blacks? Whites who want to handicap themselves? Or the hostile jews that constantly attack and display seething hatred of whites while running our major institutions? These are not difficult dots to connect.

>be working as a tescos cashier
Oh thank god, now I can dismiss this losers opinion out of hand.

Why do failures always think different systems will give them a second lease on life?

If you're a loser cashier faggot in this system, chances are you won't be successful in another either

>its white liberals advocate for the debasement of blacks episode

They truly are worse for minorities than the Right

No one here does that

report non-literature threads
sys.Veeky Forums.org/lit/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=10335852

Libraries are free. Reading is one of the cheapest and most beneficial hobbies you can have. There's no "privilege" in reading unless you actually don't know how, in which case you are an insignificant statistic.

Oy vey shut it down

>blind people can listen to audiobooks or read braille
>people missing all limbs can still find ways to read even though it can be difficult

So basically, only the most extreme cases of mental retardation would prevent someone from reading, since I'm pretty sure lots of people with learning disabilities can still learn to read even though they have to put more effort into it.

Reading is probably the most inclusive art form, since the blind can't properly experience film, for example, or deaf for music.

this exactly

>don't make fun of them for not having big thoughts! not everyone can think like white men!!

this sort of moral posturing is the worst racism that actually exists today because it is also the source of violent racism via resentment

but it's not wrong

>people here
/pol/acks and 16 year old Veeky Forumsizens that just moved in from reddit are not "people here".

>t. Books I don't understand are racist and sexist

As a jewess she understands them, of course, but what she's doing is levying a moral attack against whites to make whites think that they are responsible for the dysfunctional nature of, and are thus obligated to hand over their resources to, low-IQ black and brown people who cannot into literature that isn't completely dumbed down.

This is true, and I wish it were accepted and would remain that way. Not everything has to be torn down from the sky for the vulgus to enjoy.

>man-hours
>not person hours

triggered