What's your favorite book(s)?

What's your favorite book(s)?

I have $100 gift card for amazon burning a hole in my pocket and I'm going to spend it all on books.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Three-Critiques-3-Set-Practical/dp/0872206297/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512099359&sr=8-4&keywords=kant pluhar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

amazon.com/Three-Critiques-3-Set-Practical/dp/0872206297/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512099359&sr=8-4&keywords=kant pluhar

I'm to unlearned for this but thanks

not if you read them you won't be
they're hackett editions and they have cozy introductions and addenda
secondary literature always makes Kant out to be much harder than he is

Add a Holman KJV Drill Bible to your cart. Everyone who speaks English and is interest in literature needs a King James in their house. This one is inexpensive and sturdy. Best of all, it has no added footnotes, chapter titles/summaries, etc. It's just the text of the scriptures. I like their KJV Drill Bible over their KJV Pew Bible because the cover can take more abuse, but if you don't intend on carrying it around, get one of their pew Bibles. They're more aesthetic.

The last fiction I read that I really liked was 'The Book of the New Sun' by Gene Wolfe. Another good choice would be a collection of Samuel Taylor Coleridge's work. As the greatest of the Romantic poets, he's a must read. Reading Coleridge is great for posting on Veeky Forums too, because plebs who haven't read him will get very upset when you state the fact that he was head and shoulders over everyone else (especially Keats).

>not recommending an NASB study bible
wew

but OP you'll like Gene Wolfe, its four volumes you can find it two paperbacks, one of the fantasy/sci-fi greats, up there with Tolkien

Buy me a book

I'm not recommending the King James as a study tool or as the best translation, I'm recommending it as work of great cultural importance that every English-speaker should own.

Paradise Lost

buy this guy my book

you shouldn't spend it on books, you should become Veeky Forums instead
pretty sure you can go to the nearest church and get a kjv for free, who cares about the cover, they're all printed on the same leaf anyway

I would buy these even though I've pirated them:

Plato: Complete Works
The Basic Works of Aristotle (Modern Library Classics)
The Histories - Herodotus
The Trivium: The Liberal Arts of Logic, Grammar, and Rhetoric

Der Einzige und sein Eigentum

>all these pretentious book recs
>not. single fun or entertaining read
jesus, some people like to read for enjoyment too you fags

Blow it all on both volumes of Oxford's Complete Works of Aristotle.

Thirding Book of the New Sun. It's a masterpiece.

Sell it for 95 dollars and go to a used book store. Buying books on Amazon or in a regular store is insane.

>folio society moby dick

House of Leaves :^)

Buy Hypersphere

its fun

Under the Volcano, or both.

This.
I would recommend the Riverside Milton. Flannagan maintains Milton’s original spelling, which is nice. But he brings his own academic biases into the footnotes of PL, which is a big deal given just how divergent readings of PL are.

go to a bookstore, wander through, read bits of books that attract you, compile a list, buy the books you like on amazon as they go on sale.

I've bought too many books because I should read them rather than because I want to, and many of those I should read remain unread. Many of the ones I've genuine interest in I've read.

yeh you sound like a typical amazon/goodreads retard, at least you recognize it

Really enjoyed Post Mortem by Patricia Cornwell, made me buy all of her Kay Scarpetta collection.
Lolita is pretty good if you haven't read it; Also anything from Albert Camus I'd say is very worth reading.

Oh and how could I forget, the associate by Jenaro Prieto (don't know if it's in English though).

Canticle for Leibowitz. For real OP.

>Milton's original spelling
>Paradise Loft