desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/24985710/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122167113/
4archive.org/board/r9k/thread/31293613
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128627797/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/139008559/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/147654247
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Shadow over Innsmouth and Dagon are solid, follow it up with Call of Cthulhu and then just make your way through his other stories.

fuck it, go writing order like I did
It's a good ride to watch him progress and quite interesting to see his subject change with his life, his writings are very personal. Read some history of his life for context.

Pickman's model is his best work if you need to motivate yourself.

R a t s
i n
t h e
w a l l s

Shadow over Innsmouth.

It's basically a town filled with Africans.

Biography of sorts here:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141773539

Very nice.
Thanks, user.

*touches rim of hat*

Nay burden, lad. Nay burden.

*walks away into middle-distance*

Some works that I liked are:
Color Out Of Space
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
The Horror At Red Hook
Call of Cthulhu
The Rats in the Walls
The Temple

I can't wait until someone points out for the 100th time he wrote a racist poem.

The thing on the doorstep and cool air are personal favorites because of their visceral nature.

>Where do I start?
Just grab a compilation of his short stories that includes most of the mainline Cthulhu Mythos type shit. You might miss out on his Dreamlands stuff, which I think is an extremely important part of his work, but you can pick that up later after you get used to his diction and style.

Howard Philips Lovecraft was a prophet that did more for theological philosophy than a hundred catholic monks.
His works of fiction are some of the most weighty and meaningful conceptualizations of divine and alien influence on our lives. In his time he was largely ignored, and even to this day his true value as an author goes unappreciated. Why you ask? Because very few authors mesh the divine and the horrifying so well and so accurately. The realm of the gods is a realm of unknowable horror and perpetual terror. To look upon the divine is to know madness or death, and that's if you're lucky. There are things much more ancient and terrible than the spirits of men.

Simbly ebin

I find it very amusing how everyone seems to know he was racist and yet his work permeates contemporary pop culture and media. Lovecraft references are fuckin' everywhere now.

>Where do I start?
With the Greeks, why?

Start with Houellebecq, then move on to Joshi. Adults can't enjoy Lovecraft without context.

Not everyone knows he was a racist. People know Cthulhu and his name more than anything to do with his stories. Everyone who has read him and posts online about him probably knows he is racist. But this isn't the first time an artist has been accepted despite some of their views. I don't see why it is surprising to you.

>accepted despite some of their views.
NRx accepted him mainly because of his views.

cool

Melmoth the Wanderer

youtu.be/mQlYOscvHeY

What is the story called about a guy that inherits a mansion after his grandfather(?), founds a book, writes a journal and I think gets possesed by the grandfather spirit in order to call a creature upon this world but gets stopped by a friend of the protagonist?
I read it in Spanish when I was little, lost the book and never found the story again in any compilation I bought.

My favorite stories, theres a lot of other good ones but these are the best.

Also dream-cycle is 99% absolute trash, dont bother with 'em.

Fuck off. The dream cycle is the only redeemable stuff he ever wrote.

you and me both know you're just being contrarian

No. There's something in the dream quest stuff. A third strand, a third genre that got forgotten, where Tolkien picked up fantasy and others picked up horror. Something Lovecraft, Bierce, Chambers all had the hint of. There's something there and it's been lost.

You fucking don't, lovecraft is the fucking emblem of overrated

Dream-cycle is not scary, it is not creepy, it is not spooky, it is not exciting, it is not intriguing or cool.
I understand that dream-cycle may not be intended to be any of these things and that some people may actually like it. But it is not Lovecraftian, think what you want 'bout popular mainstream culture but the world Lovecraftian does not contain "weird ramblings about scented water, shiny domed houses and pompous gods" as a definition of his genre or works. People looking to get into Lovecraftian stories should not be encouraged to read his dream-cycle, because it has nothing to do with Lovecraft, it is the same as recommending his poetry to someone interested in reading his stories.

I'm not really sure what point you think you're making. Lovecraft is famous for garbage so you should only ever recommend his garbage to people? His name is associated with garbage so don't you dare suggest anyone read anything but garbage?

it his difficult to say he's overrated, but he's certainly been memed into oblivion. savvy popular culture people know he was an "ebil rasict," made cthlhu the hentai monster and he's in all hellboy movies

other than that you have the spergs flocking to him because it prides them somehow

Do you have an archive of all the threads you've posted?

if you don't understand what I wrote then it is not a wonder you're only interested in non-sensical, adjective packed piles of rank drivel. it probably makes you feel a sense of accomplishment after reading it because they engage you as much as a coloring book.

>nonsensical, adjective-packed piles of rank drivel

I'm sorry, I suppose I shouldn't have expected you to understand normal conversational rules, they'd be too complicated. What I was doing was offering you an out wherein you could try to explain yourself, to make clear what it was you were attempting to say, perhaps to backtrack a little, because what you have actually said so far is idiotic.

The beginning

Here's the copypasta:

Biographies

>Adolf Hitler - Youth (Age 0 - 25)
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/86086584/

>Adolf Hitler - First World War (Age 25 - 29)
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/134340484/

>Adolf Hitler - Rise to Power (Age 29 - 43)
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/150760491/

>Joseph Goebbels
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/142878351

>Ted Kaczynski
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/104495239/

>Timothy McVeigh
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/118541028/

>Anders Breivik
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/87875112/

>H.P. Lovecraft
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141773539

>William Cottrell
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/30930679

>Adam Lanza
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/24985710/

>Christopher Thomas Knight
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/

>Christopher McCandless
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122167113/

>Christopher Harper-Mercer
4archive.org/board/r9k/thread/31293613

>Bill Hicks
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128627797/

>Dylann Roof
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/139008559/

Books

>Julius Evola - Ride The Tiger
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/147654247

I listened to one of his short stories recently; Something about a poet looking for a faraway fantasy city that doesn't exist.

It's an ancestor and sounds like the Case of Charles Dexter Ward.

I think I found it, it was "The Watchers out of Time".