Any good suggestions on post-apocalyptic literature ?

No zombies please.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSF8lsB2jpw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’m not even being ironic. They don’t even reveal the catastrophe that forced humans to colonize Mars.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSF8lsB2jpw

Revelation

riddley walker

your local newspaper

Metro 2033 is pretty good

My favorite show. It got me reading books about Japanese aesthetics, most notably "mono no aware".

Can you recommend a book with a similar feel?

Shinsekai Yori

canticle for Leibowitz

Beat me to it.
Guess I should just suggest 'Parable of the Sower', or something...

I Am Legend
Earth Abides
The Chrysalids

The Road

The Dog Stars

>No zombies

FUCK OFF SMOOTHSKIN

> Roadside Picnic
It's not really a postapocaliptic book, but, fuck, some parts feel like that one.

i wish there was a novel that captured the ecological and topological richness of fallout.

post apocalyptic novel i should say.

bump for this

Seconding this, kind of. The prose is bad and reads like it was written by a 16 year old BUT I do like the worldbuilding.

It's not really "post-apo" in the fallout American sense but a lot of Jean Raspail works deal with similar themes. It's also a writing qualit rarely seen in these type of niche, but I don't know how much is translated in English.
Big differences is that there is no high-tech stuff contrary to what most writers desperately push when it's not necessary for the theme. For instance, Raspail (who was an explorer in his youth) wrote a book about the actual gradual disappearance of a specific irrelevant small tribe in South America. But there are other more fantastic stuff, like Sept Cavaliers (Seven Horsemen in English?) which is one of my favorite book about some isolated city in the Caucasus mountains in an imagined late 19th century that has been declining for some time and suddenly there are no news at all about the rest of the world.

Try "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon. That is one truly weird book, a mix between horror, fantasy and nuclear post-apocalypse. Its unlike anything I have ever read before or after, but really entertaining.

only good suggestions in this thread that aren't the usual regurgitated obligatory posts like the road and canticle for leibowitz

>an explorer in his youth
That's a sly way of saying mission civilisatrice.
>In his most widely known work, The Camp of the Saints (1973), Raspail predicts the collapse of Western civilization owing to an overwhelming "tidal wave" of Third World immigration. The book has been translated into English, German, Spanish, Italian, Afrikaans, Czech, Dutch, Polish and Portuguese, and as of 2006 it had sold over 500,000 copies.[2] Today the novel is popular among white supremacists and has been reprinted by John Tanton's The Social Contract Press.
thaaaats where I know his name from
knew I had heard it before
Regardless of your tempting description I refuse to brush up my French.

Ashes, Ashes. Rene Barjavel.

>That's a sly way of saying mission civilisatrice.
not that user, but that's a nice way of saying you're some ethnically mixed and mentally challenged knob-end.
Raspail's travelogues are quite the opposite of what you've implied. But, the sense of the impending disappearance of some tribes in far-flung places is likely to appeal more greatly to you then the same sentiment applied to Europeans as expressed in the Camp of the Saints, yet another glaring example of the cognitive dissonance common to your ilk.