What's the purpose of "achieving" external validation for your art...

What's the purpose of "achieving" external validation for your art? Why should I seek validation from people I really don't care all that much about, including editors (known for their preference of marketability over talent) and the reading public (mostly comprised of naive, feelgood, ideologically submissive dilettantes)? Why not just convince your internal validatory function to be convinced of the quality of your work without having to first appeal to other people? So far I have written 800,000 words over the course of the past 9 years that I have been a NEET receiving SSI disability from the government, the entire time striving my hardest to meet the very strict and very high aesthetic standards I inflict on myself at all times. My novel is a work of extreme lucidity, confident articulation, and pure and genuine expression unmarred by external considerations.I intend to continue to labor over it until my death, where I will store it in a wooden chest for anyone who discovers it to do with it what they wish.

Money. Something you need when the good boy points run out.

Then don't seek external validation and create art if you fell it what you must do. Yet if the elimination of the idea of external validation causes you to cease creating art then you were never really an artist in the first place. Or you just don't know and love yourself.

>over the course of the past 9 years that I have been a NEET
stopped reading here.
Why would I want to argue with someone who has no social life and probably shits himself when he is about to interact with a cashier?

As I said in the OP, I receive SSI which covers all my expenses, and should for the rest of my life. My doctor got me on disability after my diagnosis of schizotypal personality disorder, and he wrote on the paper he sent to the government: "total social isolation - will never able to work".

Ahem monsieur, you were saying something?

Art is expressionistic, its entire point is seeking communication with others. Even if you never share it the audience is implicitly contained in the work itself. If you never share it you may protect your imagination of that audience which may well be good for you but its ultimately weak and limiting yourself from expanding past the dialectic of your work and the possibility of reciprocity from other artists you influence.

>schizotypal personality disorder
cmon dude your delusional and your grasp of reality is unusual.
If your happy with your social isolation, why start shit here?

Drieu la Rochelle is a best. Anyway i guess that is okay. If i were you i wouldnt bother much with writing and go full aesthete a la a rebours.

In the hope that like minded individuals will benefit from your work. Where would you be if your favorite authors locked their works away?

How easy was it to get?

>John Kennedy Toole was a NEET who lived with his mummy when he wrote (the majority of) A Confederacy of Dunces
>Yukio Mishima was a NEET who lived with his mummy when he wrote Confessions of a Mask
>F. Scott Fitzgerald was a NEET who lived with his mummy when he wrote This Side of Paradise
>Orhan Pamuk was a NEET who lived with his mummy when he wrote My Name is Red
>H.P. Lovecraft was a NEET who lived with his mummy when he wrote the Ctulhu Mythos and various other famous stories
>Jack Kerouac was a NEET who lived with his mummy when he wrote The Sea is My Brother / The Town and the Country / On The Road (the edited final version)
>Jorge Luis Borges was a NEET who lived with his mummy when he wrote Fervor de Buenos Aires and the rest of his published works.

No difficulty at all in getting it. You just need a psychiatrist who can describe why your functioning is impaired.

oh sorry man i dont know any of them. im new to Veeky Forums so i guess you should just ignore me

Do you live with your parents?

Yeah, I'm on the waiting list for section 8 housing though.

>he past 9 years that I have been a NEET receiving SSI disability from the government,
>As I said in the OP, I receive SSI which covers all my expenses, and should for the rest of my life.
>Yeah, I'm on the waiting list for section 8 housing though.

What country are you from? The U.S?

How much do you receive monthly from the government?

Honest to god I dont want to just offend you, but you really got me interested in your work. Could you post an excerpt?

yeh same, am interested

>What's the purpose of "achieving" external validation for your art?

Either money or finding like-minded individuals to discuss things with. Speaking of which, let's see some of your stuff.

i like your attitude user
is section 8 housing safe/acceptable in your area? from what i've seen of it, you're better off with your parents

That's one of the main reasons I still go to work. I mean, it makes life dull and all but at least I'm not surrounded by fucking primates in a squalid housing block.

Lmao delete your blog and kill yourself faggot

I think it's really difficult to write, and in general to do something just for yourself alone. You are in the system; your actions, you want it or not, are mediated by other people. All the things you read were "offered" to others, to everyone for read them. Why are you writing here? You see, one day I would like to be published, even though I'm not sure. What I know is that I find pleasure to let some of my friends read my things. Intimate friends. Everything is dialogue, you can't close yourself COMPLETELY. Some more and some less, people need dialogue. Art can't do without it.

>you can't close yourself COMPLETELY. Some more and some less, people need dialogue.

He might think he doesn't need, yet the fact that he is here, on Veeky Forums, talking to us anons, is a proof that he feels the need to talk to people

It's not validation, it's dialectic. You read the classics and you are speaking with them and with us. Through your art you will continue the dialogue.

t. absolute turbopleb

Stop this woe-is-me, I'm a misunderstood genius tripe. People are smarter than you give them credit for, and they have their own beliefs based on their own reading and experience. You're not special and you're probably not very good either. To answer your question, write for smart people. I write for my friends. If you seriously, cripplingly believe you're the hot shit, then post excerpts or gtfo.

why? :(

even book-locked-in-the-cupboard superhero Pessoa was not isolated from his time's arts and letters

how do you know you arent just delusional?

Physical metaphor overexstension. You take ideas from great works, and have an internal response, but to think you're objectively responding to Plato as if he were alive is fucking idiotic. I, at least, would be more vituperative if the person whose position I were attacking were still alive. Nietzsche can't defend his positions any longer.

OP is correct in his claim that Stephanie Q. Reader is a naive intellectual lickspittle who reads at a second grade level, and to feel good. To write for the average reader is an unconscionable waste of time. One writes for oneself, even if this is in response to something that infuriated or uplifted one

How do you call your work genuine if you're an antisocial NEET? How do you write your characters?

I didn't meant to say you are objectively responding to Plato, Shakespeare, Dante etc. But you add something, a little piece, to the entire dialectical system. All the arts, everything made by man is in dialogue, in corrispondence.

Immortality

The confirmation bias is strong with you.

He said he's a NEET. He didn't say he was antisocial.

I'm from the United States
Yes, it's safe
I am already assured of my genius, I have no need to appeal to anything external. Any lingering desires, both of the brutish and impulsive kind and of the socially inculcated, have diminished over the course of the years of which I have been writing. I have become a one-mind ecosystem, a producer and consumer of my own intellectual commodities, my moral values entirely my own, my thoughts pure of any external influence (corruption).

>What's the purpose of "achieving" external validation for your art? Why should I seek validation from people I really don't care all that much about?

The trick is not to care about yourself either

This.

oh really? try surviving the heat death of the universe

I bet you won't even make it a thousand years

lel mortalfags BTFO

>implying we would care
>implying there would be no life after that
>implying humans wouldn't overpower nature

only God can give immortal life

>implying there's only one
>implying humans can't become gods

if they can become gods, the can unbecome gods

you deluded mortal

I didn't say gods can't stop existing.
We'll have to wait and see.

the whole chain of posts you were replying to was about immortality, stop replying just to get in the last word

Can I please read your book? Please? I really want to.

What's wrong?

The excuse those other people have for channeling mediocrity is that their social structure facilitates. What is your excuse?

>What's the purpose of "achieving" external validation
Could've stopped there and this would have been a much better post.

I find it funny all the posts on here asking for OP to post an excerpt. Sort of proving him right.