It's not like it's going anywhere

Yes please do Veeky Forums
I desperately need something to write about

what is that, a pixie cut for ants?

I meet this qt
I impregnate her
We have children and live a happy life

The end

Man has a customized qt fembot companion.
Man's friend becomes infatuated with pal's fembot , orders similar one of his own.
Man upset that fembot is no longer unique, turns her off and puts her in closet.
Man attempts to pursue relationships with actual human females, it doesn't go well.
Man's friend changes the look of his fembot on a whim.
Man retrieves his robo qt from the closet.
Happy end?

My autobiography is the only thing I'm really working on even in principle at the moment.

uber but for books

A woman discovers her husband has a diaper fetish. She becomes obsessed with the study of paraphilias and finds her calling in documenting the perverse. She decides to determine once and for all what the most morally repugnant kink is, to that end she investigates a number of disciplines and grows both emotionally and intellectually (this is the bulk of the book). Turns out it was coprophagia.

Who's that dyke anyway?

A utopic state untouched by the internet is suddenly brought online. Through the eyes of the MC we see the society collapse into degeneracy and despair.

Congratulations.youve invented the library.

nice try hollywood

Are you a dog? (White girls fuck dogs)

A teenaged boy is sent to live with his retired US Navy sailor father after his mother’s suicide. After a disastrous beginning filled with old grudges and culture shock, the boy finally comes to accept his father’s laizzez faire lifestyle and taste in exquisite, teenaged ladyboys.

A NEET discovers that he's actually an enormous, sentient tumor that has completely engulfed his 'host'.
The NEET/tumor's family wants to extricate the man trapped within.
This would result in the NEET's death.

Too melodramatic? Should I add some fart jokes for levity?

Sounds fun.
>fart jokes
It's up to you, but I wouldn't go overboard.

I'm writing a collection of short stories about a small midwestern town where a school shooting occurs and how it affects the community in the aftermath of the killings. The stories each deal with different themes such as how the survivors interpret the motives of the killer in different ways while containing small clues as to why he may have actually acted as he did. I know that the book probably won't go anywhere, but it's helping me get over the events in my life that inspired the plot, and I'm hoping that since the story is broken down into short stories maybe I can do something with one or two of them even if the whole thing doesn't work.

I hate you.

Set in the southeastern Oregon, the book opens with a couple leaving their motel with camping supplies to live off the wilderness in Rogue River national forest (after the guy reads about Zane Grey's original cabin as a boy). Tonally it'd be a comedy similar to the film Sideways, so we'd follow our helpless heroes through vineyards w/ wealthy retirees, a teenage girl they meet off an I-5 exit lane near Grants Pass who they temporarily adopt (before she runs away), and an old woman opiate addict who lives in a tent on the side of the river with her collection of her mothers' Hummel figurines.

Eventually they _do_ end up at Zane Grey's cabin but for [undetermined reason] they [life lesson, or is it?] and the book abruptly ends with some waffling about the human condition.

That's pretty cool, user.

Best of luck.

There's a bit in Infinite Jest where a recovering drug addict basically has an internal monologue where he states that every time he sees a pretty woman he has this fantasy in his head, only to realize a few seconds later that he is not nor will ever be husband material

I've literally done this. Kayaked/camped the Rogue River for days I mean. Let me know if you have any questions about the area

Working with multiple points of view always gets bonus points with me.

Not sure if you want advice on writing it, but I like the idea and want to help if I can. Take it or leave it, I guess.

A plot afterwards (like the shooter getting away at first, or his trial afterwards, or maybe both), with what you were talking about (with the people speculating the motive of the killer) tied in, seems a bit more structured and easier to work with than just the more loose speculation bits. Try connecting the stories with more than the shooting itself, with maybe some of them happening at the same time and affecting one another. You could use different character's different speculations to make them act, affecting other stories.

Not sure how much that helps, but you got a strong concept that I hope you actually do work on. Good luck on it, real talk.

Humanity is fighting a war against a rogue group of AI units. The book is written from the perspective of the AI. Eventually want to include post war shit of the AI units exploring space etc.

Magical realist chivalric romance that follows two cute, errant girls on a meandering quest to either change the world or escape from it.

The social norms associated with eating and fucking are reversed: it is taboo to eat in front of people, especially with family, you only eat with wife or significant other unless you’re a whore, you order sex acts at restaurant equivalents, sex is casual in public and in groups and there are 3 socially acceptable times to do it, breakfast lunch and dinner, the funny situations this sets up are countless and it really shines a light on how absurdly high our level of sexual repression has become

Xena: Warrior Princess??

Character driven story, starting in the semi near future with a Patrick Bateman-esque guy who brainwashes and sells people to the very wealthy. In between the "genre" of the whole thing, there would detailed descriptions of things like the character using the technology of the day, and in general realistic representations of kind of rarely talked about aspects of people. Things like how when you do something often enough, no matter how extreme, the novelty wears off and all that's left are the nuanced pleasures and sources of anger within. It would be a dark comedy.

That or ditto a hikikomori vampire in a modern large city that finds an interest in becoming a normal person with a woman he notices. Dealing with trying to be a normal person and being underwhelmed and disillusioned when getting to know people. The persona he creates begins to unravel when faced with his true nature, he isn't sure if he really wants to be this person or if he just wants to do succeed at it, and in the end he kills her and goes back to normal; ending just as the book started.

Never seen it but will investigate. Am mainly taking inspiration from classic chivalric romance texts and anime.

>giv dyky gf

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not working on it at a super quick pace due to other obligations, but I try to write and edit for half an hour a day, which I figure is better than nothing. Since it's kind of slow going I haven't bothered to drag anyone else into it, and I figure it's not the best thing to do right now since there just isn't that much material to critique yet.

As for the actual story: I'm planning on having other things going on in the background, since it isn't just a story about a shooting, it's about a community, families, and individuals. I want to try some more experimental type writing styles for doing this as fiction, which is due to my going over documents related to the actual incident I was involved in and also my experience with academic research. (I'm interested in the idea of having some of the "stories" be faux research journal articles or police reports, etc., but I'm not sure how to do this and have it be congruent at the same time.)

The idea about the ambiguity of motive is something that's partially based in reality, but not entirely. In the actual incident there was a motive, but despite the motive being there members of our community still all saw in shooting what they wanted to see. To some people the massacre was chiefly a gun issue, to others it was mental health, to others it was misanthropy/misogyny, and so on. Part of what I wanted to capture what this sort of rorschach test of interpretations that occurred.

This is a really comfy thread, most fun I've had in ages on Veeky Forums.
But it occurs to me after reading all these plots that we must be a sad, lonely lot.
So many NEET protags :(

I'm not a good writer, just a noob. Here's what I have so far in terms of a first attempt, I'm a bit drunk. Tear into me, lads. How do I get better

Every year, a ritual. A trek to a spiritual and ancient location, the path to reach it riddled with mortal peril which changes with each pass. The land rewards its visitors with no supernatural or incredible trophy, but simply a necessity. We make this journey because we must. And I am going again.

The concept is interesting, but your description made it sound gay.

Protagonist is the assistant of a prosecutor that doesn't seem to care, but is still very successful. They lose a very important case, and they were very sure that the defendant was guilty. Some time later, the guy ends up dead, and they need to figure out the killer here too.

In the end, the prosecutor actually cared, and was the killer all along.

A book about a locked room murder mystery. It is designed so that the reader is capable of solving it, but probably won't, with great twists and tricks.

I have three

>hypocritical lighthouse keeper on the isle of wight grapples with his past and what it means for his future. takes place over a slightly stressful day in the village he grew up in

>feudal priest gets bound to a tome by (((god))), with each sin in the immediate vicinity getting written into the book, weighing down his soul. he has to read past sins, and use that information to guide the town toward (((god)))'s image or risk being dragged to hell

>rap battling robots triangulate the location of a pirate radio station somewhere in the deserts of post apocalyptic earth. shenanigans ensue

Have you posted your last one before? It seems really familiar.

yeah I talked about it here before a couple of months ago iirc, it's still barely touched desu, but I still like the idea more than the other two.

Two highschoolers have a secret relationship while struggling with their fears of growing up.

Can't decide why they should make it secret, religious parents or the main girl is cheating on a current bf, but I don't think it matters all that much. It would be short. The point would be more to get experience making realistic characters and having a coherent plot rather than actually having anyone read it.

Not that other guy, but when I read the plot outline I instantly thought of the book happening in a church, with a priest giving a lecture to offer some spiritual release, with each character thinking back to their point of view and each focusing on a different part of his speech.

Currently wanting to write two short stories. One about the death of a gladiator and his views on honor and how he spent his life. The next is a bout a man who wears a pig mask and watches a family in a small town. After being held inside his entire life by his abusive father he doesn't understand how to communicate with other people so he just scares the family while not understanding. It culminates with his death at the hands of the sheriff and them finding his journal that reveals he just didn't understand.

Boo Radley 2: Dindu Boogaloo

I click random article on wkipedia until i come across some military campaign then plagiarise the events and add in a sexy assassin

Tell me more about this sexy assassin

a fictional account of the two Boer wars, in follows two familys through two generations ending with the british concentration camps etc. you catch the drift

write the gladiator one and post it here

>BE refrigerator
>Decide to kill
>Thaw chicken
>Realize it feels good, have dont it before - deja vu
>was plugged in before, in another place.
>must know the past
>no contents inside to know
>realize life is about killing and never knowing the truth

>Cold inside

First Contact goes really well, until people fuck it up

>but despite the motive being there members of our community still all saw in shooting what they wanted to see.

I like this

It's a collection of short stories focused on the relationship of two college girls, and it will be interspersed with poetry written by the two. I want it to reflect larger themes other than relationships though.

I started writing a story about a person who doesn't fit into society. The usual stuff - an outsider who is stuck in the middle of everyone, not really popular, not not obnoxious or hideous, just someone who is there. He has a normal life and a normal dog and a normal job. He also has some querky friends, and work colleagues - which there are pages of digressive passages a out their lives and their habits.

So the protagonist knows that he doesn't fit in, he feels like he is the only one and every one else is having such an easy time with life, or they don't seem to think about it so much.

I was writing the story and I got to a part when the protagonist wakes up in a sweat next to his normal wife at some unknown time of night. He gets out of bed and starts thinking that he is having a mid life crisis. And he is fine with it. He starts laughing. He goes back to work and is happy. He realises that he does fit in and that is it, he fits in because he doesn't fit in because he does fit in because he doesn't fit in because he does fit in, and on. This goes on for another chapter just to prove one of the Buddhist principles of enlightenment through repetition. The last chapter is a sermon read at his funeral by his children. They have no children of their own and he is dying as the last person on earth to have naturally be a parent. The human civilisation is dying, but the sermon is happy because his children realise that he was a good man and died before the worst came to pass.

We all know this is the best story idea on this thread.
Please finish it, user.

What the fuck lmao

I applaud you for keeping a steady pace. I was consistent with my writing for a good bit, right up until my computer broke and a few of my most recent chapters got lost. Since then I've been inconsistently spurting out chapters on my phone for the time being.

It's great that you have a real life incident to work with (great as in great that you can use it, not great as in it's great that it happened lol). There's a lot of inspiration to draw from that sort of stuff. And if you need help with elements such as writing from multiple perspectives, I have to point you to the age-old advice: read. I would suggest looking up books involving tragedy, or maybe just multiple perspectives. A really good example of both would be the non-fiction novel In Cold Blood. It's the story about two guys who run across the whole country from the cops after they massacre a whole family. It bounces between the guys and the cops, and it's through both perspectives that you slowly piece together how the incident happened and why they did it. A bit of an exposition dump in the beginning, but an excellent read through and through.

I don't got much else to offer you. Best of luck to ya.

Sounds like manic depression.

That's the worst idea in this thread, and I'm not saying this as an insult.
4/5 of the story sounds like a 16 year old's lecture on life, ending with 1/5 of a forced twist that isn't even interesting.

A mentally unstable college student stalks a girl she's in love with. As her obsession worsens, she finds out that the girl has a boyfriend, and falls in love with him also.

I wanted to write this for a long time now, even though I know the plot isn't that interesting really. I'm aiming for a character study kinda take and I'd like to experiment with a different style of writing, but who knows if I'm even going to begin working on the idea.

There was a Bloom County strip about thirty years ago where Tarantino wrote a sequel treatment to Mockingbird. Think they called it something like 'Boo2: Back in da Hood'. Opus lands a bit part. The last panel of the strip shows him covered in fake blood, looking all sad and distraught.

I didnt realize it was that close. It's been a while since I read TKAMB so maybe subconsciously I took it.

A man who has no motivation to do anything with his life is suddenly thrown into a fantasy world with magic, then he is kicked out because he wasn't actually meant to be there. Then he starts to become more and more radical and evil and ends up the antagonist of the story. It's about the human drive and what happens when something is take too far.

It said novel, not anime.

A boy meets a young male. The kid's about 8 and the man is about 20. They start to become friends because the boy wants to meet this young man. This kid has some problems in school, he doesnt want to do his homework and he is a bit lazy and wild. And the man is a NEET, depressed and has a problem with alcohol but he would like to offer his help for the kid. The kid thinks that the man is some kind of an adult (like kids see adults: they do adult things, are free and have money) and doesnt see that the man is a total failure in terms of education, work and social life.

Later it is revealed that these two people are the same person. The kid wants to become something, he doesnt fully understand the world but he is full of hope. The man has already failed and wants to see this kid (himself) become something better, something he never became

how do you "reveal" that though?

unsure if I will though. I probably wont finish the novel anyway. I just dont know if I can give enough hints to convince they are the same person

It is an expansion on the work of Aldous Huxley's Perennial Philosophy. It explains the cryptic undertones of the Gospel and synthesizes the history of Jesus with the ancient mysteries of mysticism. It explains the purpose of humanity, why the universe exists and what the future of all will be. It has a physical description of the mind of God and the soul. Also tries to prove the existence of God through abductive reasoning.

nice trips faggot

A man attempting to get out of mental disorders attempts various jobs in his search for his motive, only to end up with frustrations in the environments he ends up working, giving him a lack of control over his own anger as time and events pass by

the eyes and nose on that woman make her look like an ape

I've got two ideas:
One is set in a quasi-historical Caucasus and Southern Russia and features parallel plots with a charismatic yet possibly insane Cossack captain, a young high-functioning autist man as narrator, and an intelligent but unstable dark slave girl on one hand (all three being sort of self-inserts), and the son of a recently dead king and his close circle dealing with internal and external issues on the other with the two plotlines eventually coming together. The themes it deals with include pride, purpose, legacy, family, betrayal, honor.

The other idea is basically the Russian civil war in space. Set in the near future in an alternative timeline where the Soviet Union never fell and America became a crypto-fascist military state, an American military journalist is sent aboard the new flagship of the Soviet space fleet in a publicity stunt amid growing tensions and fear of nuclear war on Earth as dwindling resources and separatist groups threaten to tear the two super powers apart. Soon after, the captain of the vessel purges his own crew and launches his nuclear arsenal on both sides, destroying Earth's space lift capabilities and beginning a new world war. The crew (with the remaining nukes) of the vessel must now try to unite the stranded American and Soviet bases and colonies on Moon, Mars and deep space while preventing the survived factions of Earth from retaliating against them or launching new space craft. Simultaneously on Earth, an American fighter pilot must decide where his loyalties lie as his family and nation come under threat on multiple fronts. On Mars, a separationist movement - which includes the pilot's brother - take advantage of the situation to become an independent colony.

A man interested in the occult travels to China in order to further his study of ritualistic sex magic.
After have sex with a man for the first time on a beach, he summons his own ghost.
He must now find a way to reunite with his spirit before his death or face eternal nonexistence.

I'm working on a mix between Harry Potter and Stephen Kings IT. It's about an orphan boy getting a letter admitting him into a secret clown school for bi-sexual non-gender faggots.

A book writes an author with sounds, much to the chagrin of the rest of the book community.

A bildungsroman about a slightly fictionalized version of myself

A boy falls in love with a girl

FINDS

Unable to confess his feelings, he is gifted with a mystical mobile phone containing the girl's phone number.

So Her, but more interaction with other males?

I want to write a shitty steampunk-fantasy series inspired by Lord of the Rings, like that's never been done before. Difference is it's less goggles and gears and more based on traditional victorian values and race and class based conflict. It's mostly culture that's advanced, not technology, but it's still a high fantasy world, where the elements of it are uncomfortably trying to conform to this new modern era. I mostly draw inspiration from Arcanum and Discworld while giving it an expansive history and pantheon akin to LOTR.

I'm only doing it for my own pleasure really, and to entertain my younger cousin. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel or anything. Hopefully it goes somewhere. Likely not.

It's also a mix of every fantasy element I've come up with since I was young, involving forests full of little people made of pinecones and pinestraw.

1950s Central Asia. Kazakh's family's animals get "appropriated" by commie officer. Father and his twin sons decide to lead raid on provincial city supply distribution center. They get arrested and shipped to a gulag camp. One of the twins escapes and tries to gather rebel support against commie camps. Other twin witnesses death of the father in labor camp, swears vengeance. Lots of people die. Ivan Denisovitsj makes a cameo. Hunger. Cold. Commie officer brings in more and more Asians every day to work in factories. Rebels arrive and blow everything up. Commie officer kills one of the twins, other twin kills officer. Vengeance achieved, but everyone he loved is dead. Surviving twin scars his face in the same manner his brother's face was scarred. From now one, I am you and you are me.
Return to gulag, which is now a wrecked free-state but everyone knows that's not gonna last. Some idealists try to set up a republic. It's the middle of the fucking Siberian winter. Everybody's starving. Spring comes and commies are sending tanks. Everybody gets the fuck out. Twin has nowhere to go, decides to chase the rebels west as there's probably some of his people still among them. Takes a Russian girl with him. She tells him she was the sex pet of the commie officer that killed his father and took their animals. Fuck. They travel west and south. Ice desert turns into regular desert, along the Silk Road. Ancient beauty destroyed by modernity and communism. She's pregnant with the commie officer's baby. Fuck fuck. They arrive in Kirghyzia. Kyrghiz light makes him mad: he kills the child and leaves her to die. He goes on, alone, to find his people. He finds some lazy wretched fucks somewhere in the Uzbek desert. Bund of old poor fuckers. They speak his language. Some of them seem to recognize him. His girl shows up again. He asks to be forgiven and they make love. The poor people they are now living among are actually the rebels. He asks if they were defeated by the commies, or deported to this shithole. No, they were just stupid. The desert wrung them like a towel.

Jai pense avec un robote enneuyeux pour le baile

Shit. I never saw Her.
Truth be told, the story is based on an actual case of waifu envy I observed in my small circle of autistic friends.
Plastic statues of busty anime girls rather than robots tho.

>a rich man intends to commit suicide
>he wants to do this by challenging homeless people to a fight to the death, their prize being all of his wealth
>the homeless eventually unite to protect themselves led by the de facto homeless king
>as this continues the police eventually put together that there is a serial killer targeting the homeless
>in light of this the public are divided, there are those who think the killer is a hero for dealing with the homeless problem, and those who want to see him punished
>charities for the homeless see a spike in donations, with the increased food and kings training they gradually become swole
>some vigilantes also pose as homeless people hoping for the killer to come
>however they end up contesting with copycat killers who believe in the protagonists "cause"
>the police are inching ever closer to our main character
>his battles are becoming much more difficult as he fights vigilantes and homeless now muscled and trained in martial arts
>eventually the situation escalates and reaches the point that the nation is plunged into civil war
>the two factions collide and the war reaches a fever pitch, our protagonists identity as the killer is revealed inadvertently
>now a reluctant leader, he faces his final deathmatch against the homeless king in the wars climax

that's fucking ridiculous and you should actually write it

A novel about a young guy in 9th century Sweden that goes on a trading journey with a merchant to Constantinople. There he befriends Basil the Macedonian and is involved in the plot to overthrow Emperor Michael "The Drunkard." Then he becomes one of the first Varangian guards. Basically a journey story for the getting to Constantinople on a boat part and an action/intrigue story once in Byzantium.

>we are such a sexually repressed culture
>even though we can get porn at any time, you can fuck any slut at will as long as your standards are low, slutwalks are a regular occurence, and Rachel Bloom sang a song about vaginas and fleshlights to a crowd of children on a show about "Science"

A WAY
still can't believe shinkai did it and made AMOTY

Fuck you I've written a good amount of first draft. The only place it's never going is onto shelves because publishers don't exist.

Writing my experiences as a slumlord in a quasi-fictional account in the same vein as Stephen Leacock. Been collecting material for months, stringing it along in a narrative is going to be fun.

marcus?

Who?

A bunch of neoliberals embark on a start-up, burning-man inspired sea-steading adventure with the idea that "a bunch of smart people in a room will produce something great". They use equity as currency. Class divisions start to form. Slums form in the datacenters with people living in server cages. A data scientist starts to study the occult and goes insane, thinking that he has conjured a sentient AI. One of the principle investors comes to visit with a team of economists that start performing ritualistic murders. The flotilla goes insane but makes mad money offering "entrepeneurship as a service". The world becomes more peaceful as the flotilla becomes a kind of voluntary prison for the overly ambitious.

Main Chars:

Data scientist. Starts getting into the occult as part of a joke "bad ad-hoc hypothesis" tournament. Has prophetic dreams. Turns into deaf-mute oracle who "channels" the AI.

Manager. Very social, alpha over-achiever. The data scientists's boss. Brings his erratic behavior to the attention of the investor.

Investor. the one character to enter or exit the flotilla. From saudi arabia. Brings with him a horde of european economist consultants.

Artist. Ambromovic performance artist they brought on board. Known for being weird, but also the voice of reason. Antagonist to the data-scientist.

Programmer. Autist chinese wunderkin programmer who is the defacto-leader of the slum-dwellers.

I kinda wanna do a sprawling story with many characters, each chapter told from a different POV. I spend more time world-building and figuring out how characters relate to each other than actually writing it.

I kinda wanna throw in the refrigerator as a character too.

I like this.

Where is the man from?
What is his sex-life like before the trip to China?
Was the beach sex an occult practice or something that "just happened"?
What is his motivation to avoid non-existance?

I take it that the summoning of the ghost is the act that cleaves his body and spirit into two?

I'd read it

I've got some ideas but they lack structure. Veeky Forums what is the most generic plot staring a lonely male protagonist that you can think of?

Sounds like my diary desu

Anime plots.
>discover ability
>suddenly become the hero fish out of water
>compliment a girl once so every female wants the MC cock
>ends with him settling with his waifu and beating the bad guys

Maybe two mentally unstable students that both fall for the opposite sex of the same couple.

They fall in love trying to work together to break apart the couple.

DELET

>a charismatic yet possibly insane Cossack captain
>a young high-functioning autist man
>an intelligent but unstable dark slave girl
>(all three being sort of self-inserts)
lol@how interesting you think you are