(80s/90s) DFW: TV-obsessed, hyperactive culture, low-browing of culture and mocking of this culture...

(80s/90s) DFW: TV-obsessed, hyperactive culture, low-browing of culture and mocking of this culture, culture mocks itself, struggle to express sincere feelings for fear of ridicule

(00s/10s) Tao Lin: internet-obsessed, detached and introspective culture, desire for attachment with others prevented by technology-inducted isolation and hyper self-awareness, communication via usernames, low-browing of previous literary genres to reflect the quirky and sarcastic culture of the internet

(20s/30s) Me(me): abolition of physical identity, communication anonymously via the internet, total isolation and comfort, growing apathy towards society and "culture", declining birth rates, sincerity as a given since all communication is anonymous but irony now treated without hostility, growing self-conscious experience and/or desire for solipsism, advent of virtual reality and the voluntary self-exile from the real world to another "server" in VR

20/30's, only the rich and powerfu will be able to be anonymous.

Veeky Forums pass is gonna get expensive?

Internet anonymity was a fleeting meme and is quickly dying, we will always have the niche anonymous sites but mainstream internet will only become more "connected" and social. It will still completely replace real interaction though.

Do you think anything could be done to prevent this? As the internet integrates into daily life more, it's going to become an extension of the mind. More and more personal, more and more "internet of things"

Wrong

So what you're saying is >muh seekret clubhouse will actually become a secret clubhouse?

Get ready for end of net neutrality friend :^)

That's a good thing, it's better for the environment.

How is internet anonymity dying? Or do we have a different definition of anonymity?

does that guy really have massive clown feet or is it just an effect of the camera

Perspective + boots

(20s/30s) will see a tightening of physical identity, and a diminishing of intellectual and cultural identity because of the hyperconnected cognitive environment. With people who have had their every movement since birth logged on some database and all databases becoming more connected predictive models will become more and more sophisticated, and also I hope as an optimist more easily broken. There will never be such a thing as anonymity, never has been never will be. The main problem in the middle classes will be in creating self importance and self identity, and also creating sufficient reward.

Literally every website and app nowadays has a default account creation process through Facebook, all the social media platforms are gradually becoming more connected and interdependent.

Its a slow crawl towards governments and corporations expecting internet users to be tracable and personally accountable

traceable /= personally accountable

thats Knochensack. If you critique his wardrobe you automatically prove that you have no sense of fashion whatsoever-

No but it is a radically important step towards that. It is in absolutely no powerful organizations interest that people are able to communicate anonymously, a process of attempting to subvert what we take for granted now is inevitable and already well underway

>looking like a stupid aspie is ok if I call it Veeky Forums

Hmm that's why this site attracts so many NWO mongs. They think they're fighting the power. WE ARE THE RESISTANCE.

Oh yeah imagine that, the world changing for the worse because of powerful people. Like that could ever happen

Like the success of certain types of apps wouldn't cause a rise in producers of those type of apps and an increased demand to link every part of your online life in a capitalist society. A lot of this shit is organic nig.

And if it weren't, and there was a big bad council that agreed on everything enough to control the world, browsing Veeky Forums is now a revolutionary act. Don't make me kek so hard.

Not that guy.
You can only prevent it from happening to yourself and those you love. As everyone gets away from each other and goes into their computers, a physical community will become that much more of an importance.
It will be like the walking dead or any generic zombie post-apocalyptic scenario except the atomic bomb is the singularity.

You're a fucking retard and have an extremely naive notion of how power operates. Institutions can easily act towards collusive ends without outright coordination.

Processes to insure the continued existence of online anonymity and privacy are also well underway. Encryption, TOR/I2P and related services, even full-blown separate mesh networks without any WWW involvement.

>(20s/30s) Me(me): abolition of physical identity, communication anonymously via the internet, total isolation and comfort, growing apathy towards society and "culture", declining birth rates, sincerity as a given since all communication is anonymous but irony now treated without hostility, growing self-conscious experience and/or desire for solipsism, advent of virtual reality and the voluntary self-exile from the real world to another "server" in VR

described my self-published novel af

80k words of Me(me)ry

real talk can I use this as a blurb? without changing a single word, this fits my theme exactly, which is a delicious irony because Veeky Forums is a prominent theme in the story

>t. i don't know jackshit about what i'm talking about

Its a battle to be sure. But it looks like a worse state of affaires now than ever

>TOR
olo deep state funded = freedom

>Veeky Forums is anonymous

You don't actually believe this, do you?

Fuck you both these are MY ideas

Too late someone already stole it

reads m4s tl ONCE

literally peak Veeky Forums i hope this isn' you OP

>sincerity as a given since all communication is anonymous
lol you have no idea what you're talking about

>tfw I'm still in the 90s

who tf is knochensack plz explain

>Institutions can easily act towards collusive ends without outright coordinations.

Someone gets it

Veeky Forums is genre fiction, an exponent of cyberpunk 80s. Don't get your ideas from here. Complete the canon before even considering leaving any skeptical position towards yourself.

>sincerity as a given since all communication is anonymous
This meme about anonymity creating more sincerity is wrong though. People just lie for different reasons. It's easy to lie when you don't have to be consistent with anything you've ever said before.

it serves you right for sharing them. people who post their work here are fools.

Video streaming etc. consumes an enormous amount of energy, making people pay extra for a netflix package is a great idea. Streaming video costs about the same amount of energy as used in producing and delivering a dvd of the same length, ~ 8 MJ/hr

Internet anonymity has been dying since it first existed. It is nearly completely dead.