So how's your book going?

Its been awhile man! So ho-....You are still writing it right? Damm man well why don't you hit me with some of your ideas, Maybe get them creative juices going.

My book is about a traveler who finds a girl lost in the woods and helps her by making a fire and letting her share his tent. Timeskip to the next day and he's leaving the woods alone. It's suggested that he raped her. He goes home, gets a job and becomes an alcoholic. He dies of liver failure in the end.

Want to write my first novel. But after my creative writing class,
I just gave up

Why did you give up mate?

What about it made you want to give up?

t. guy who's considering creative writing class

Bit of a drudge at this point; going through everything I've already written and rewriting it for clarity thematic on-point-ness. It feels like laboriously going over a sketch image with the clear lines that'll be the only things left from the chaotic but fun first lines drawn. You know, the novel is there, you can see it, but it's also going to look like shit until I finish this.

The students who made up the class as a whole and the teacher. I don't know if I got shitty luck when I got put in that class, but the experience put me off from writing after going through that.

Thats a shame, Im assuming a bunch of Pseudos and hipsters?

>Im assuming a bunch of Pseudos and hipsters?
Yes and much worse.

Why was your response to give up? I went to a bunch of creative writing things, saw how bad everyone was and felt motivated to outdo them.
You can often learn more about writing from a bad piece than a good one.

Still outlining, but it's coming together. Trying pretty hard to not succumb to Worldbuilding Autism tho desu

Have you ever considered.
Ahem.
>A Separate World Building Book

it's pastoral poetry in spite of the holocaust, which we mustn't forget

I don't follow

>Making a novel
>Making a separate book that does nothing but build the world of that novel
Lets you spend up all that autism without struggling to fit into your story and make some extra cha-ching.

I never created something before in my life. It feels amazing creating. I will dedicate 10k hours on a single chapter if I have to just to get the prose and everything just right. I have sunk to the bottom and it just doesn't stop flowing.

I'll think about it.
I don't want to risk only worldbuilding and procrastinate writing the story until I die

I finished my world-building book/ EXPANSION PACK after 3 years of autism and completely forgot how to write character based stories, I've been slowly relearning these past months.

>Why was your response to give up?
I can only handle so much bullshit, user before it just boils overs.

>I went to a bunch of creative writing things, saw how bad everyone was and felt motivated to outdo them.
Congratulations as did I. But honestly it wasn't enough to tolerate the bullshit.

>You can often learn more about writing from a bad piece than a good one.
I agree and support this. But at the same time, I also feel a teacher should do their damn job and teach their class instead of picking favorites like its kindergarten or some fucking high school clique.

You said you gave up writing. You don't have to keep going to the classes to write.

is this loss

Holy shit it is

>You said you gave up writing.
A year or two. I need time to cool off before I make a final decision on that.

>You don't have to keep going to the classes to write.
No, I don't. I am just fucking dissapointed

>dissapointed
disappointed

Got everything ready for my first novel.

Although I am worried people will mistake the characters as Gary-sues or Mary-sues

I would give it a shot even for fun but I don't know what good writing is. Maybe good writing isn't necessary, though, I don't know. The whole grammar thing seems a bit of a challenge since people seem to almost always be confused by my writing and speech.
It seems complicated to plan out a story, then make sure there are no plot holes, make all kinds of references, and use a big vocabulary but without the writing becoming purple prose which I wouldn't recognize. I read one of China Mieville's books, and I didn't get why it was purple prose nor why that bothers some people. I assume it's some kind of version of trying too hard, but I don't really know. It seems that some people don't like writing to be too simple either such as, "The famous man looked at the red cup." I don't know if that makes sense.
I don't think I ever had a problem reading a book. Sometimes it just goes slower because there are lots of words that I don't recognize, but other times there are many references that I don't get or the details of earlier parts of a book become forgotten. Perhaps, I'm supposed to take notes, highlight things, and make an outline or web of events and character details. I feel like I get the general idea of what happened but the details seem hazy. Does this mean that I'm a bad reader or is the writing bad because it doesn't have enough reminders to let me know, for example, what character is doing what when they're not explicitly mentioned. Because of these things, I'm not sure that I should even write a book if I don't know if I'm reading and comprehending a book well enough. If I don't really know how to read, should I even write?
Another problem is that I would probably commit plagiarism since I don't know a lot of stories and they might end up being too similar. I don't know how this can be avoided other than reading everything which seems impossible. In university, they were very explicit that everything needs to be credited and that I had to have my own original thoughts. But if I thought my idea was original but didn't know that it wasn't, that was plagiarism. I ended up not really writing much as I didn't feel like I knew enough to actually write good papers about detailed academic works without doing my own research for a few years first, otherwise it would just be a few pages of nitpicking at best. A paper that sums up to, "I don't know or I don't really see anything particularly wrong with this argument.", wasn't what was expected. Also, usually I got marked off for not expounding on things because I thought they were obvious, or I thought something was common knowledge but apparently it was not. I don't know how the other students ended up writing all those papers. I'm stupid so maybe that's why I couldn't write essays, which should be obvious as I'm writing all this in response to a dumb frogposter.
Maybe I should just write it because I want to instead. It'll probably be bad anyway so the only thing I would lose is time.

Sounds good man.
Good luck okay?
Im always rooting for you, Have fun.

I should have broke that down into multiple smaller posts. Too late

just don't be like that fat fuck and you will be fine

It is hard, bro. It started off as one of those simple boy meets girl at college stories. I got stuck on the female part. She always seemed lifeless, like a prop for the protagonists wet dream. So I tried to get into the mind of a woman. I started waking up early and putting on make up. I shaved my pubes, my legs, my arm pits and my back, but left those really fine hairs on my ass. I started dressing as a woman and going to clubs with really bad lighting to flirt with men or have men flirt with me because I am a terrible flirt and have always been bad with women. It was too easy. Men flocked to me. I was bought so many drinks, and I have sooooo many numbers on my phone.

This went on for months. I got sucked into the lifestyle. One night I got so drunk that I agreed to go home with a guy before I remembered that I was actually a man. In the cab I had my hand down his pants and was jacking him off trying to think of a way to get out of the situation before we got to his and he realised that I had a penis. Thankfully the slightest bump on a chest can distract drunk hands as breasts.

I was getting too into it that I could feel myself getting wet. The cab stopped and he dragged me out. He had this light in this eye that turned me on so much that I thought he would still be up for anal when he found out the truth. But walking up the stairs to his apartment I lost my drive, quickly made my excuses and left. I thought maybe his devious eyes might turn to murder just as easily.

I pretty much forgot the story after since then, and have taken up full time cross dressing and stripping. I am pretty good at it. Soon I am going to adopt children with my male partner. We are so happy. I took me a while to realise that writing is a lost life.

Quit while you can.
:)