Confess Veeky Forums!

CONFESS Veeky Forums!

What are the books that you planned to read in 2017 but didn't Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/zng9hd0s8t6h4/carliclaire
vid.me/vXho
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I planned to read Critique of Pure Reason but I'm still only halfway through but I really know the shit I have read so I guess its alright

>inb4 mods shoa the thread again for carli

you may oppress us. you may kill us, if you will. But capitulate - we shall never!

Who plans to read something and then doesn't ?

I've gotten almost all of the cambridge editions of immanuel kant
absolutely based
if you have their COPR you need "Theoretical Philosophy After 1781"
its all the supplementary works dealing with the critique (including the prolegomena, several rebuttals of critics who brushed off the work, and letters of his explaining the purpose of the book to friends)

That's a helpful suggestion. I do have their edition of the Critique and Their Companion to the Critique currently

I gave up on The Book of Disquiet before I even got halfway through.
Meant to read Oblomov. Maybe I’ll get to it before the end of the month. Maybe not.

Ice - Anna Kavan
Couldn't find it at bookstores and i don't believe in amazon

I was supposed to read Jane Eyre, Ullyses and Middlemarch, hoping I still have time to get through Jane Eyre though. I planned to read one big novel a month, but I started to fall off the wagon around July. Maybe Ill finally start Ullyses early next year.

>I gave up on The Book of Disquiet before I even got halfway through.
y

not him but some of the english translations are shit

have you tried abebooks?

It's nearly all secondhand sellers, mostly charity shops

Ulysses
The Wealth of Nations

I was going to work my way through the Canterbury tales in Middle English but I never got around to it. Maybe next year. Still pretty happy I read about 50-60 books this year. HBU op

Ulysses. Managed to finish Proust's novel, but it burnt me out for serious lit for a while.

Remember when I drove all the way from Toronto to Houston and to her ballet class and waited outside with my trunkful of books but when her and her two brothers arrived I was too scared to say anything. Then I drove off and you guys convinced me to go back and wait until she left and once again I was too scared to say anything so I followed their car home and waited until night to drive back and I dumped all my books on her front doorstep and in the morning she made a video about how nice it was then hours later her mom made her take down her channel i hate you guys and stop blaming me! It was you messaging her mom that ruined it

Someone post a link to hervideos if they still exist out there. Mods pls no bully.

lol

Forgotten Soldier.
I bought it and was on my list but ended up being busy with work and for some reason decided to put it on the back burner.
I'll read it after I finish Cacausian Wars.

Iliad. The Romanovs. That might be it. I bought far more books than I could expect to read in the year, but I didn't plan to read them so soon either. I actually had a motivation to read the aforementioned that went unrecognized.

i've heard good things about the latest edition published by new directions was this the one you read?

I have them thanks to a generous user who posted them earlier. I'll link you to MediaFire in a couple minutes.

Either/Or: A Fragment of Life
A Theory of Justice
Spinoza: Complete Works
The Open Society and Its Enemies
The Book of Five Rings
The Structure of Scientific Revolutions
Dream of the Red Chamber
Logical Investigations, Vol. 1 and 2 (Husserl)
The Problems of Philosophy (Russell, Bertrand)
The Tale of Genji
A History of Chinese Philosophy, Vol. 1: The Period of the Philosophers (from the Beginnings to Circa 100 B. C.)
A History of Chinese Philosophy, Vol. 2: The Period of Classical Learning (From the Second Century B.C. to the Twentieth Century A.D.)
Philosophical Investigations( Wittgenstein)
The Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas
Beyond Good and Evil
The Second Sex
Cicero: Selected Works
On the Genealogy of Morals and Ecce Homo
Glas
Anarchy, State, and Utopia
Secret Agent 666: Aleister Crowley, British Intelligence and the Occult
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Property Is Theft!: A Pierre-Joseph Proudhon Reader
Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation and Other Devices
The Crime Studio
The Origin of the Family Private Property and the State
Das Kapital
The Conquest of Bread
Ron Carlson Writes a Story
Lun-Heng
Phenomenology of Spirit
The Book of Disquiet
The Wretched of the Earth
The Baron In The Trees
Invisible Cities
Pedro Paramo
No Longer Human
Discipline & Punish: The Birth of the Prison
Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason
The Man Who Was Thursday
Rock Crystal
The Alexiad of Anna Comnena

And many others, but those are just books I bought but wasn't able to read.

ur crazy

>pedro paramo
my nigga

really wanted to read pic related but i just didn't have the time with the amount of readings i had for uni
i took on more bite-sized books though, had some real gud reads

prolly fake but lmao if not

Amazon exists whether you believe in it or not

I forgive you for:

Either/Or
A Theory of Justice
Spinoza: Complete Works
Dream of the Red Chamber
Logical Investigations
The Tale of Genji
Philosophical Investigations
Summa Theologica
Glas
Das Kapital
Phenomenology of Spirit
Madness and Civilization

I own all of them and most of them were tedious but I eventually pushed through
(I used to literally read A Theory of Justice before bed to put me to sleep)
Spinoza's Complete Works and Summa Theologica are so fantastic I can't recommend them enough, but you definitely have to be in the right mood to even bother with them

>Harold A. Innis
>Harryold A.Innis
>Harry Old Anus

Too teir pseudonym

mediafire.com/folder/zng9hd0s8t6h4/carliclaire

Here ya go for whoever is interested

ty v much user

ty

bitch has a small haed

and a wide nose

>expected to read complete spinoza, the summa, and das kapital among dozens of other texts

Did you just blindly set your goals or what? The summa alone is probably over a year’s worth if you’re really working at it.

As for me I thought I could read Aristotle cover to cover in like 2 months which would be ~40 pages a day. Didn’t realize secondary sources would be like 80% of my reading volume. I’m 10 months in and am only halfway through.

Did manage to finally finish the greek tragedians, though (after ~2 years of inconsistent reading).

Luckily, Spinoza didn't write all that much. What with him dying at 40 and his writings being liable to see him executed and all. Philosophy is slow reading, honestly if you can I'd recommend some intro philosophy courses (survey courses or 'history of''s work great). The foothold those give you makes reading dense philosophical texts about 10x faster and more enjoyable.

Someone photoshop this pic of Carli and make her shoulders smaller

GOD BLESS YOU user

The fags in this thread are posting unflattering pictures of her for some reason.

She's so beautiful in every regard, it's like I'm watching an angel. I feel more for this Veeky Forums meme than any girl I've met or known of, what a joke. Is it a modern phenomena to be able to know and admire a girl without her ever knowing about you? How long before some former internet loner writes a book for this feel

>he's so beautiful in every regard
sans taste

Compared to?

Honestly most woman are garbage these days though.

I was going to do the same. Now I have two copies of that book, and haven't opened either. Planned on reading Descartes and Hume before doing it. Read a little bit of the former in January.

is iCarli a crucial part of board culture?

Wait, did a mod remove my post with Goethe and Schiller? Lol.

Are these all of her videos ever made?

vid.me/vXho
I broke my nofap streak to my sweet princess Carli. I'm sorry baby it won't happen again, I will remain chaste for you.

HOLY FUCK AAAAAAAH MY SWEETNESS YOU WILL BE MINE

Well I bought like 24 books last month and I've only read half of them so I might not finish them all but I didn't intend to read every one specifically but maybe some I did individually.

Are you me? Thats two victims of this Lilith-demon

>Watching Christmas Eve video.

This must be what normal family life is supposed to be like.

Stop being a degenerate.

She's much to pure for sexual fantasy, her beauty and charm transcend that kind of base seunsuality

We're trying.
Day 1 nofap

of course!

Romance of the three kingdoms’ first volume
Snow Country by Kawabata
Thus spake Zarathustra
Anime: A history by Jonathan Clementz
The world as will and representation

And a bunch more.
That doesn’t mean I haven’t read anything, it’s just that I got sidrtracked by other books on the way.

When I watch the videos there's a part of me that realizes she's attractive, but mostly I'm just drawn to the enthusiasm she has for the books themselves, which I once had but that is gone now. When I watch the videos I feel like I'm going back ten years when I still lived with my family. It makes me happy.

After living with sluts, I still believe in a woman being pure.

what happened to her channel

We happened.

planning what to read is for plebs who want to make brain gains

>tfw never get a modestly dressed gf

CoPR, The Bible and Summa Theologie (shortened to about 1600 pages). I'm halfway through the latter two but it's taking ages.

why are anons so evil...

Hafez Shirazi once fell in love with a woman he never met, I forgot her name. As legend goes, she led him indirectly to 'enlightenment' due to his pursuing her.

I wouldn't call it modern, because in the East it's a common them, unrequited love

so there were threads abouthere..: but ahe deleted her channel from this? doesnt seem as bad as katie

I don't know much about this because I'm fairly new to the board but found this on Google, I'm guessing this might've had something to do with it

Cervantes wrote about that four hundred years ago

who?

The Master and Margarita. Couldn't get into it

>Is it a modern phenomena to be able to know and admire a girl without her ever knowing about you?
dante did this shit

Weird, it's super-easy. On the other hand I dropped Anna Karenina.

Life and Fate by Grossman. Oh well, maybe next year.

Holy shit, Veeky Forums is the most /r9k/ board after /r9k/

The Republic because it was boring as shit.

It wasn't difficult, it just didn't grab me

I haven't finished a book in 2 years. I cannot find the concentration to read. This is seeping into other areas of my life. I can no longer concentrate on videogames, it takes me a weeks planning to play for 15 minutes, i dont watch movies. Finishing school work is tedious. I have no energy, i am depressed and have been depressed for over 10 more than years probably more, i wanna find meaning in life. I wish i had a women to love, but all my youth i was told having a girlfriend is a worthless endeavor (it was church, pro tip dont get too deep into church during your youth they say weird stuff sometime, or do. Idk do what you want) so i always have an itching thought in the back of my head about how i shouldn't have a girlfriend even though i want one. My parents support me in having a gf but i have zero social skills for it. I spend my days shitposting and procrastinating.

So i haven't read anything this year.

Coffee and Adderall

That sounds really unhealthy user. I know it's cliche, but do you exercise? Lifting or running or whatever can really boost your confidence and mood. Good luck. Getting a girlfriend really helped me grow out of my teenage moodiness. Try to lower your standards and look for a temporary companion. Having a romantic relationship can be very therapeutic and improve your self esteem.

The Romanovs was so good. It can be dry but goddamn is it fascinating. Took me 3 months to plow through it.

Against the Day is currently collecting dust, and I made it halfway through Crypotonomicon before calling it quits

Underrated post

>Having a romantic relationship can be very therapeutic and improve your self esteem.
True, but then not true.

I am still reading don Quixote. The second part feels a bit dull.

dialetheists fuck off
>inb4 I will but also won't

I will. Sorry.

Wait. The last part of that shows her discussing IJ. Is that a signal that she's into Veeky Forums like tay's into /b/?

Almost all of them

Honest question. Are you retarded? Does your brain function beyond breathing?

Last year I read almost 40 books, mostly nonfiction, after not reading for a long time. This year I read almost nothing. 2018 I'll try to hit 40 again and stay on the wagon.

>Paradise Lost
>Pride and Prejudice

War and Peace and The Republic... still considering tackling them on christmas time.

I got halfway through Moby Dick and lost motivation, I think I'll get a copy with annotations and start again next year. Is the Norton Critical Edition the best option?

It's a shop lol

Veeky Forums is by far the most r9k board.
If you aren't gigachad you have NO chance with women, boyo.

does Veeky Forums have the purest waifus?
poor thing just begs to be deflowered