What's his end game?

What's his end game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v45Uu8SlcsA
youtube.com/watch?v=w5R8gduPZw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

damn he was fucking ugly. no wonder he necked himself

BEE says it was to become more famous

He looks like a cancer patient who's kinda into hip-hop but also wants to go to the gym.

BEE is the biggest faggot to ever exist

that he was ugly to be famous?

Never EVER forget pic related

if dfw was "fucking ugly" I should probably neck myself

twice as hard as he did

this should be in the sticky

i hope you dont peacock with the zany sneakers, a headband and a thesaurus

You probably have even less discernible talent

just wait for my novel nigga

>i hope you dont peacock with the zany sneakers, a headband and a thesaurus
I do.

is that bad?

he literally just wanted to be the best writer of our generation and the definitive voice of the postmodern moment in literature but it's obvious that he fell short.Too short, clearly

Post your best line %^)

>I reach out to humanity through my sneakers
Wew

He came after the good pomo like Barthes

He was trying to move it forward into "Sincerity" while being truly sincere, but keeping the scare quotes—he was a moron

Just bad genes

I took a shit and it looks like there's corn in it but I haven't eaten corn in months

>Post your best line %^)
"Call me a doctor, Ishmael!"

Fuck me harder, Ishmael!

to eliminate his map for keeps

Prolapse my anus, Ishmael!

And but so it is this, I think, that makes corn-poop-jokes' wit inaccessible to people whom our culture has trained to see jokes as entertainment and entertainment as reassurance) It's not that people don't "get" corn-poop-joke humor but that we've taught them to see humor as something you get—the same way we've taught them that a self is something you just have. No wonder they cannot appreciate the really central corn-poop-joke—that the horrific struggle to establish a human self results in a self whose humanity is inseparable from pooping. That our endless and impossible journey toward home is in fact our place to poop. It's hard to put into words up at the blackboard, believe me. You can tell them that maybe it's good they don't "get" corn-poop-jokes.

Ol Davey sure could say a whole lot of something while also saying a whole lot of nuffin

Too bad the glow-in-the-dark police got to him.

Hang himself.

wheres the user with the pussy-hunt-bandana story? theres your endgame. same as all of us.

come on now, that Kafka lecture(?) was pretty good

And but so a screaming comes across the porch, from the stairhead, Tommy bearing a bowl of lather on which a pinecone and a toy rocket lay crossed—he sits on the steps surrounded by heads and bodies of characters never to be created, Wallace having quit and thrown himself upon his belt, ha-ha o my, Tommy thinx, don't throw rocks at the thrown, ha-ha.

...why? Kafka is wacky... who doesn't realize this?

He does a pretty clean strawman attack actually:

Fake group of dumb but not really dumb kiddos don't "get" Kafka

Yuck

The sanctity of possibility is nothing but a gratuitous indictment of God upon an unrelenting people who refuse supplication.

so not only are you getting hung up on a point in the lecture that has no bearing on the ultimate idea behind the lecture, but you misunderstood the example. Did you actually listen to it? Or has it been awhile for you? I'll allow the latter

The Kafka is funny essay...?

he's highlighting the difference between Kafka's humor which takes us into the "human struggle" and American humor which is an escape from that. He doesn't set up a group of dumb kids who don't get Kafka. The group you're referring to was used just to show that American kids spend all week doing menial homework and unwind by drinking and blah blah blah.

Well hang me from a patio!

(I hadn't read it in a few years)

>all natural teeth
Was he lying in signifying rappers when he said he had a gold tooth in the back?

>celebrity, media interest
This kills the walrus
Having a gold tooth could just mean he had a cavity filled rather than a fake

So he lied

Kafka isn't wacky. The predominant reading of Kafka goes somewhere in the direction of "nightmarish" and "confusing" or even "surreal".

That is really obvious

You read The Trial and thought that? How?

not him, but the Trial is to some degree nightmare-of-reality, not "nightmarish" in a Stephen King sense, so user is onto something.

"Confusing", I don't know, not really a lit theory term.

"surreal", definitely, scholars agree on Kafka being a modernist type of light surrealism.

Call me, Ishmael ;)

are you an idiot?

you should read the essay rather than speculate. The two people you're replying to misunderstood his point so badly as to make one wonder if they read the essay in chemically instantiated disorientation.

I'm serious brah, help

>scholars
%|

You found corn in your Kafka? I'm not calling Kafka shit, but to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Kafka. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of German literature & literary theory most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Kafka's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his plots—his personal philosophy draws heavily from German law and the Torah, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny—they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Kafka truly ARE idiots—of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kafka's existencial mouse getting "gobbled" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons and I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kafka's genius lays folded on their bookshelves. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Kafka tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only—And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Nah he says it's a solid gold tooth.

This board is pathetic. Whenever he's mentioned ALL you morons say is "Infinite Jest" and "sincerity".

youtube.com/watch?v=v45Uu8SlcsA

Y-y-y-y-y-y-y-your6 pathetic

6 footnote loving douchery

He's dead.

i feel that anyone who has actually read his essays will be hardpressed to call him a moron.

idk man. most thoughtful people know better than to put all their sense of self worth in how they look.

Wanted to be the king of irony, the postmodern Kierkegaard, but then realized that irony is a dead end and poisonous and leads to fatalism so he offed himself.

Or anyone who went to a better school than fucking UMass Amherst. The cringiest fucking place in the world.

His essays are his worst output by a longshot.

It's a nice book, what's your problem with it?
pleb

you seem pretty upset
have things been going okay for you?
we're here to help

He went to Amherst College, not Umass Amherst.

That matters so very little

Nah, UMass Amherst has a history of having decent philosophy/logic/English faculty. Amherst College never has and probably never will. Maybe if he had gone to UMass he would have written something not trite, entirely depression fueled, or blatantly false.

I would call The Trial inspired by dream logic but not nightmarish

Goofy, if you will

Just a bit! I even gave a sensible chuckle when reading the bit with the paintings

Partial to pic related
youtube.com/watch?v=w5R8gduPZw4
Favorite vid of him, sincerely. My on-court attitude improved so much from it.

100 pages into Pale King; His endgame was to overcome modern televised entertainment by instilling cinematic aspects and framing into a more engaging medium.

I don't really trust your opinions about either if you don't know that they're different schools.