Far-Right Intellectuals

Where should I start?

Other urls found in this thread:

altright.com/reading-list/
amren.com/commentary/2017/01/alt-right-reading-list-jared-taylor-white-nationalist-books/
humanbiologicaldiversity.com/
nytimes.com/2007/06/26/science/26human.html?pagewanted=print
edge.org/response-detail/10376
economist.com/node/14742737
quillette.com/2016/06/23/on-the-reality-of-race-and-the-abhorrence-of-racism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Homer, God

>FAR

With a book about oxymorons LOL

Are you looking for contemporary intellectuals?

Nick Land

Not necessarily.

Theodore Kaczynski

Consider starting with Joseph de Maistre. (St. Petersburg dialogues)

Seconded. Nick Land is peerless.

From experiencing the American/Canadian right-wing conservative scene it's sadly Ayn Rand.

Is this the bald manlet?

I would actually pay good money to watch a debate between these two.

She’s a hack, though, and her philosophy resulted in the opposite of conservativism. The face of libertarian policies in practice is global capitalism, e. g. ultraliberalism.

no, that's the twitter use, logo_daedalus. he can be quite jarring

William F Buckley.

no thats logo. king pseud of far-right 'weird twitter'

Yeah, I don't think so. It just doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine a person that looks like this acting that way.

lol 10/10 m8. you trolled me.

Start with the NEETs

>Logo/Kantbot
>far right

cheetos and mountain dew

>far right intellectuals

oxymoron. anyone with functioning brain cells is a person of the left.

Nick Land is a liberal

Buckley wasn't far right at all

>he said something racist so he is far right

The far right's greatest asset is its anti-intellectualism.

Watch some old Jonathan Bowden lectures

>Heh...now that Trump is President...I can go outside!

AltRight.com is a part of National Policy Institute, which is a white nationalist organization led by the prominent Richard Spencer, who is very important on the alt-right. They have a recommended reading list.
altright.com/reading-list/

American Renaissance is another white nationalist organization run by another very important alt-right thinker, Jared Taylor. They have a recommended reading list.
amren.com/commentary/2017/01/alt-right-reading-list-jared-taylor-white-nationalist-books/

what the fuck does that word even mean
t. ivory tower jobless marxcucks

>ivory tower
>jobless
I would think that you'd have to pick one

Jej

start with all the @TradNation_ members

humanbiologicaldiversity.com/
Start with race realism

Some particularly good links from the above site
nytimes.com/2007/06/26/science/26human.html?pagewanted=print
edge.org/response-detail/10376
economist.com/node/14742737
quillette.com/2016/06/23/on-the-reality-of-race-and-the-abhorrence-of-racism/

Not the guy you were responding to but, what you just said is retarded. You can get a degree from Yale in underwater basket weaving and you still wont get a job

>drumfp lmao xd

Academia isn't a real job to these people

>Ivy League
>Ivory Tower
You're making a category mistake or you're trolling me, one or the other

Or I am drunk and cannot read. Bet you didn't think about that, bucko.

No excuse for being retarded

>far right
>intellectuals

another chart

I don't mean it in a bad way. The rejection of intellectual standards, institutions, and paradigms allows to avoid the sterility that currently plagues the left. Intellectualism is an integral component of the prevailing structures of society.Genuine resistance necessitates opposing it.

The whole ivory tower analogy fails to describe the position of intellectuals in our society. These aren't isolated individuals unaware of what's happening in the "real world". These are deeply knowledgeable and intelligent people who exert a great deal of influence over us all. It would be better to compare them to the inquisitor in the torture chamber,

Carl Schmidt
Vilfredo Pareto
Robert Michels
Goerges Sorel (sort of)

Skip Memevola.

Evola is enjoyable, though

Evola isn't even an intellectual. He's an esotericist, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way at all.

epic chart, many thanks

>People I personally disagree with
>Intellectuals

Sam Hyde, Jordan Peterson, Sargon of Akkad, Tim Allen all the original greats.

Sargon...my husbando

Mises, Hayek, Friedman(david or milton), Chesterton, james buchanan

lowqltb8

It would be nice to splash some acid on this faggot's face so he learns some empathy

I would hardly characterize Kaczynski as "far right" just because he was highly critical of modern leftism. He was essentially an anarchist and would have just as soon opposed fascism as a stabilizing force in technological society were it not basically abolished in the western world by the time of his spree.

Did I hear somebody say something about discount Child Slaves???

Yeah then he would stumble into a cart of horse manure and it would cover him and he'd fall down an everyone would clap and we'd get girlfriends just like in our superhero movies am I right fellow Democrat?

lmaoooooo

>People who accuse me of biases
>Intellectuals

Not really far-right, but if you want some criticism of the Enlightenment that is neither the Frankfurt School or religious bullshit, read Reinhart Koselleck's "Critique and Crisis". I've seen good references about Augusto Del Noce too, but this one is a notoriously difficult author. An easier one to read that I think is very underrated is Paul Gottfried, who is probably the last surviving Germanophile Jew and who should be more read by the alt-right (he coined the term, after all).

Nostromo being considered reactionary and imperialist never fails to get me mad as fuck

curious, how would LotR be considered reactionary?

To me it's curious it would be considered anything but reactionary. Tolkien was a traditionalist catholic born in the 19th century, a conservative and a monarchist.

actually nvm, completely forgot about his naturalist/anti-industrialist standpoint, fits clearly in with reactionary literature

Pre-modern stuff is almost all grounded in principles that would be regarded as far right one way or the other. So from Cicero to Dante, you could read that and find right wing principles all over the place.
After the enlightenment, you can start with donoso cortes and de maistre, i.e. the counter-enlightenment. Then in no particular order you can read Junger, Maurras, Spengler, Carlyle. De Benoist is cool for contemporary stuff, maybe something by Sunic too. Not-necessarily-reactionary thinkers who have echoed reactionary worries are people like Oakeshott, Lasch. I don't know were to put de Jouvenel exactly but read him too. Also the italian elitist school.
Hope that helps.

Alain de Benoist and the French lads.

there's not really any such thing

'Death was ever present, because the Nu
menoreans still, as they had in their old
kingdom, and so lost it, hungered after endl
ess life unchanging. Kings made tombs
more splendid than houses of the living,
and counted old names in the rolls of their
descent dearer than the names of sons. Ch
ildless lords sat in aged halls musing on
heraldry; in secret chambers withered m
en compounded strong elixirs, or in high
cold towers asked questions of the stars.
And the last king of the line of Anarion had
no heir. "

Is this reactionary?
>Kings made tombs more splendid than houses of the living

This kind of behaviour is what you expect from reactionaries, and even /pol/ alt-right who talk nonstop about heritage. In the story, these are the people that damn their civilisation.

Culture of Critique

The right-wing isn't ''anti-intellectual''. A man is not ''anti-intellectual'' because he disdains Karl Marx, Leon Trotsky, or Thomas Paine. How should one categorize Martin Heidegger, Carl Schmitt, Joseph De Maistre, Georges Sorel, Charles Maurras, F.T. Marinetti, Louis Ferdinand-Celine, etc. except as intellectuals?

popular right-wing victories in recent times have been driven, in part, by a condemnation of 'experts'(intellectuals)

Sure, a rejection of left-wing intellectuals in favor of right-wing theory and intellectuals instead, which is the exact same thing every political faction does.

>a rejection of left-wing intellectuals
yes
>in favor of right-wing theory and intellectuals
Hardly

>Sure, a rejection of left-wing intellectuals in favor of right-wing theory and intellectuals instead

this didn't really happen though, you had a general condemnation of experts in all their guises

>wilfully ignorant of the nefarious role played by Soviet "experts"

Are you talking about Trump in America? I would hardly consider him right-wing, the right-wing has been effectively criminalized in the US since the end of WW2. The OP was asking for right-wing intellectuals, other users claimed that such a thing didn't exist, I was just correcting them in their ignorance. Anyway to the OP, like another user in this thread recommended I would read De Maistre.

There's been maybe a bit too much "expertise" in the last few years.

>my professor said there is no such thing as right wing intellectuals right before skipping over right wing intellectuals

>Start with the St Petersburg dialogues

Nah, start with Considerations on France.

ehh, it's mostly a reaction against left-wing idealism in favour of well-known established historical truths about human nature.

oh boy, you've said human nature.
Prepare for leftypol to come screaming about how there's no such thing as human nature while at the same time denying they believe in outdated blank slate theories.

Define human nature.

q.e.d
>Human nature refers to the distinguishing characteristics—including ways of thinking, feeling, and acting—which humans tend to have naturally.

Pretty sure that's not the same person.

>far right is a bit of a meme term bout reading anything outside the neoliberal hellscape is good
greeks and romans
Evola
oswald spengler
Nietzsche
Nick land
Moldbug
H.P lovecraft
Savitri Devi for rightwing Environmentalism
Sir oswald mosley

>Chesterton
>far right
Shut the fuck up

you fell in a meme my friend, a culture should be preserved and promoted (oxymoron), if it's only preserved is a dead thing.

Are you denying that Chesterton's idea are reactionary?

next you'll tell me LOTR is not reactionary literature

that's right, but that's because we come from an epoch were blind belief in experts either in neoliberal economics or in social engineering interventions was the norm, the anti-intelectualism is a response to the failure of both those dogmas which are no longer tenable, it's a normal restructuring which any ideology that wants to flourish in the present will have to confront.

the right was able to ideologically confront both, even though once they are elected they double-down on neoliberal economics which will be their downfall when people's lives keep getting worse under their government

the left was more or less able to confront the neoliberal economics (although this is arguable seeing the victory of factions like Hillary > Sanders), but they are still doubling down on the neoliberal social engineering which will not work as long as people feel like they are living meaningless lives, and the new generations see nothing in the older generation to aspire to, that could warrant keeping the same path and trying to imitate your parents or older siblings in their ideological dreams

even if you want to follow marx you have to conceive of people as the kind of creature whose nature alienates him when living on a capitalist mode of production.

I don't understand theses threads, "Far-Right" Intellectuals occupied most of history, the Alt-right would be disgusted by Kant's opinion of women or Lawrence's opinion of low-brow culture.

Liberals (commies don't do this very often) frequently hold two contradictory beliefs about history: whig view of history and that far right ideas were never common. An example of this is how american liberals often say that white nationalism is anti-american.

You only have to go back 150 years and the far-left would be considered moderately conservative today; Marx and Engels hated "Negroids" and the avant garde/futurism.

Death of the author literally sets itself to that reading.

Tolkien himself was just a moderate reactionary, the ones that hate nazis, but socially are anti-modern.