>repressive catholic upbringing
>black people

>move to Dublin to live the Irish Veeky Forums lifestyle
>love it
>hate it
>attempt to write but fail miserably
>leave Dublin
>score

be born in and raised in a country crippled by its own past (and present), mixed with a good dose of repression and loathing of the self and your environment

throw in copious amounts of gentle celtic melancholy

Dublin is an internationalized megapolis like anything else. Move to Cork or Waterford.

But the Irish are very happy people afaik.

>my life is an utter mess
>a cloud of incoherence surrounds me
>drug addict
>can barely think two thoughts in a row
>write extraordinary and lucid, humane poetic passages of literature

I
am
IRISH

>missing the point
Now that Dublin has become just another negrified and jaundiced capital, one might as well move elsewhere.
In any case it's memeworthy that all decent Irish writers had to emigrate in order to wax lyrical about the place.
As for the Irish being happy, you're one superficial plonker. Try getting to know a few more deeply, and if you actually happen to be Irish yourself, get to know yourself better then, Mick.

Mein Irisch Kind, Wo weilest du?

LARP

what are some great contemporary irish writers?

>But the Irish are very happy people afaik.

Hoh man, you have no idea

Me

Sally Rooney

a mean iq difference of about 30 points

Sam Coll

Its Irish we're talking about, 15-20 at most

yes unfortunately, Richard Lynn examined this phenomenon before. He pretty much got ran out of Ireland for pointing out the obvious. To wit, the brain drain has had a marked effect on society at large.
As proof, I adduce the marked influx of swarthy foreigners (and their wholesale welcome), who will only further reduce the IQ level overall, until there is no discernible difference between the negroes and the Irish. All those anglo types gloating about how Ireland kicked out the Brits only to invite in the nogs were sadly right...

Sad but true, all thats left for any intelligent Irishmen is to escape to a protected conclave in the US or elsewhere and hope for the resistence to come

Average Irishmen are to dumb to write anyways. The average or mean difference in iq between two populations is irrelevant, it is the outliers you wanna look for.

>
*repressive baptist upbringing

Believe in the devil and punch foreigners

>mfw the Gaelic word for black people is literally "blue devils"

>being Irish
>being happy
If only...

What the fuck are you on about? The words for black people are just duine dubh. Literally black person you fucking idiot. Why the fuck would they call black people blue?

Twitter snarkers made fun of an Irish American who Google translated "blue lives matter" into garbled Irish on his t-shirt and they latched onto the idea that it actually still meant black lives matter, so now Americans think we still call blacks Blue

I'm talking about the traditional term. What you're talking about is a modern neologism
Trust me I took Irish in school from an academic expert since 70s

This is flase.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Ireland unfree and divided will never be at peace

Brexit would be a good opportunity for Ireland to assert dominance and unity again.

t. Saoirse Ronan

Trumps mother literally had Gaelic as her first language. Now is the time to strike

>duine dubh
that means devil. it's singular btw
it's literally "blue people" daoine gorma (sing. duine gorm). it says nothing about devils, and probably is a reference to indigo traders.

the word for foreigner is gall, though it usually implies anglo, and the hiberno-english gowl usually implies stupidity. more of the terms for anglos are derogatory than the terms for blacks: the word for the english language for instance derives from the word for "gibberish" for instance.