Infinite digest?

Is it possible to enjoy this book with being busy with work and family at the same time or is this a read that inquires more focus to really be able to get the full message of it?

execuse muh bad english I'm from Austria.

Other urls found in this thread:

pooryorickentertainment.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I slogged through it in about three weeks, but really resented it after about 200 pages. My advice is to not do that. Take it slow. I wish I had maybe read something else while reading Infinite Jest. I just got annoyed that I was spending a lot of time on a book I didn't really like while there were so many others on my "to be read" list.

yes it is possible lmao what kind of question is this

just go and read

tfw no qt austrian wife to discuss bernhard with

Yes, it will just take you a looong time
that's fine though, the book is a like a friend or a companion

no bernhard pls
I'm glad he's gone desu

Reading it at the moment and it's taking a lot less time than I expected.

Gosh.
That cover is fucking awful.
>HEY GUYS HERE'S THE THEME OF THE BOOK LOL TV IS BAD HUH?

It looks good. Calm down.

>minimalist cover design
>maximalist novel
>almost like irony is a major theme in the book

no for real
pooryorickentertainment.tumblr.com
if you scroll down through the website you can see some of the other submission entries
they were all vastly superior (including pic related)
the only thing commendable about the 20th anniversary edition is that it has a stronger binding

>butthurt he talked about how Austria actually was
wew

Listen to it twice, casually, at your own pace, as an audiobook.

Guarantee you you will get more out of it that way.

Once done with your second listen-through read the footnotes, and head back to the text to see which bits they reference. This is objectively the best way to enjoy this book, but so few listen to me when I say it.

Holy shit you aren't kidding. Some of these covers are perfect.

Is this a shop? I think it is but I'm not entirely sure

its a reference to the horrendous wordsworth "master and the margarita" cover that became a meme

I know, I was being post-ironic

I was going to respond with irony but I decided I'd rather be Sincere

in the original draft he actually opens IJ with the scene about Marlon Brando
look how fucking tiny his writing is its microscopic
he wrote the fucking thing by hand

He was a Nestbeschmutzer,
nevertheless I am from a completely different part of austria with a complete different mentality to the things he described

I bet your grandparents buried all their nazi flags only a few hours before the russians rolled through

>but so few listen to me when I say it.
Because it sounds like fucking bullshit.

my grandfather was an enlisted member in the widerstand, so fuck you buddy

does he know his grandson uses "Nestbeschmutzer" without a second thought?
that his grandson is a crypto-nazi? the one thing he fought his hardest in life to destroy?
you're a smear on the family legacy

he's dead, jelinek slit his throat in rechnitz

“How come she never got sad?”

She did get sad, Booboo. She got sad in her way instead of yours and mine. She got sad, I’m pretty sure.”

Hal?”

You remember how the staff lowered the flag to half-mast out front by the portcullis here after it happened? Do you remember that? And it goes to half-mast every year at Convocation? Remember the flag, Boo?”

Hey Hal?”

Don’t cry, Booboo. Remember the flag only halfway up the pole? Booboo, there are two ways to lower a flag to half-mast. Are you listening? Because no shit I really have to sleep here in a second. So listen - one way to lower the flag to half mast is just to lower the flag. There’s another way though. You can also just raise the pole.
You can raise the pole to like twice its original height. You get me? You understand what I mean, Mario?”

Hal?”

She’s plenty sad, I bet.”

oh man I really like this 1

listening to this book through an audiobook would be too ironic. Read the book, don't ever listen to audiobooks.

t.optician

I wish they'd chosen that one.

Seems too much like a kitschy 80s nostalgia thing. It would sit a little too nicely next to a collector's edition of a Stranger Things bluray for my taste.