What does Veeky Forums think of stoicism?

What does Veeky Forums think of stoicism?

Why did you attach an image about utilitarianism to a thread about stoicism?

This.

The "So, Whatever" should come after the realisation that it already happened, so there's no use in being upset.

Thats also really pathetic

Sorry

It's a proper way to live

>Being this spooked

I think it's dumb.

Having a cuck fetish isn't that bad

>having emotions is being spooked

Well I guess I better kill myself

Use it when it's useful and discard it when it's not.

fixed

pin pan gumball shot

OBSESSED.

>thinking your biologically rooted desire to stay alive is "real"
Holy shit man could you be more spooked

Its the ultimate edgy athiest numale psued philosophy. It doesnt matter whether you read Aurelius, Epictetus or Seneca what matters is that you read overexplained 'so deep' platitudes. The guy who is a Stoic at 24 is the same guy that read 'The art of Manliness' and other such self help-trash at 19. Fucking losers.

I'm pretty sure a stoic wouldn't care about it, but would still ditch the girl because that's the logical thing to do.

this

it's a worthwhile capacity, not a worthwhile lifestyle or belief system

>nu male
Full stoicism is inherently theistic. You're thinking of barebones nihilism.

>the logical thing to do
Whenever you write a sentence that uses the word "logical," reread it out loud and see if the word causes an image of Spock to pop up in your head. If it does, don't post it.

It is the ASMR of philosophy.

This is more Leibnizian optimism than stoicism

A partner should be faithful
Someone who cheats on you isn't faithful
Therefore someone who cheats on you shouldn't be your partner, i.e. leave that bitch.

What's illogical about this ? The first two sentences are common sense.

>inherently Theistic
Show me a single qoute of a stoic affirming the existence of a personal God who answers prayers then.
Stoicism is only for full fedora redditors.

They believe in a rational universe and a creator. That's the extent of their theism.

rolling

Thats not exactly fucking Theism now is it?

This argument is logically valid, but people tend to disagree about premise 1.

What is the link between stoicism and homoeroticism? Every guy in my fraternity identifies as a stoic. And when we hangout they put hands on me.

Anything Greek or Roman is inherently homoerotic. Fraternities even more so.

>tfw homo
>tfw got kicked out of my fraternity
>tfw I will never know true homoeroticism

Lame

she cheated faithfully

words

A good starting point to be less influenced by the wild swings of emotion and the stresses that life can bring. Epictetus, Marcuse Aurelius and Seneca are what you should focus on, you get an interesting swath of perspective from and emperor fighting a the edge of the world to a former slave living his life better understanding of hardship. Good stuff overall.

Stoicism scares me because what if I was perfectly happy with things that were bad

>Whenever you write a sentence that uses the word "logical," reread it out loud and see if the word causes an image of Spock to pop up in your head. If it does, don't post it.
That's not logical

The Romans beat adulterers.

>Full stoicism is inherently theistic
There is no such thing as full stoicism. Stoicism is a school of philosophy, not a religion with an orthodoxy. Different stoics believes many different things even about core aspects of the main stoic positions. It is not inconsistent to be a non-theist and a stoic.

>They believe in a rational universe and a creator. That's the extent of their theism.
That and you should live in accordance with it.

Yes, it is. Theism is a broad term that most broadly means a belief in a deity of deities.

>He thinks a Demiurg is basically the same thing as a diety

I've seen a pic similar to this on here before, its a really stupid thought process, ho3 your imaginary sadness meter correlates with the others happiness meter doesn't matter, you get angry at shit for a reason, bad things happen for a reason, you get depressed for a reason, without all these things the opposite would have no meaning, its cowardice to ignore negativity.