Rushdie

What do we think of him?

You start.

He still thinks that atheism is somehow edgy and revolutionary.

Absolutely ok

Hitchens liked is use of the english language.
So he's worthwhile

I hope his is bait, Hitchens was a pseud redditor

I think he's gay. Now u

He got to meet Pinecone. That's the most interesting thing about him.

Hitch was a good provocateur and if he were alive today, would inarguably be the most famous go to journalist and political commentator in North America

Yeah he always got the most upvotes. No shit that's what redditors do

>Yeah he always got the most upvotes.

Hitch had some very unpopular opinions, even among redditors: supporting the Iraq War for example.

Not for any good reasons, he was just redditing on a whole other level

Yeah
That kind of a contrarian with his wit and style and hunger makes me wish the trump phenomenon had begun sooner or hitch's cancer held off till after trumps terms

Why does he look so SMUG all the time?

>contrarian
>unironically sharing the views of Hillary Clinton

>I funny, I smart, I iconoclast
>I should be as popular as Pynchon and DFW
>lolwut, no Salman

sick frog, bro!

Magical realism > new sincerity > postmodernism

He's a self important, self-promoting chattering class tart. Fiver for a paragraph, tenner for his arse.
He knows he will never write anything good enough to justify staying off grid like Pynchon or ending it like Wallace, otherwise he'd be consigned to the dump of the no-longer read.

Well, he certainly gained a lot of publicity because of the satanic verses controversy

But he deserved every tax payer pound spent on his personal security
It is the the blatantly stupid and sado masochistic british consensus of importing people from cultures fundamentally opposed to western values
The enormous muslim population in the UK enabled that minor event to become this immense scandal

looks like Alberto Eco.