Did yall ban bookshelf threads or something? Normally I just lurk here, maybe check in once or twice a month...

Did yall ban bookshelf threads or something? Normally I just lurk here, maybe check in once or twice a month, so maybe its just a timing thing...but I havent seen a bookshelf thread in forever

Posting my turbopleb shelf just to get it started.

Pretty soon I'll be (most likely) going to jail/prison so I'll get lots of reading in. I'm gonna try and tackle everything I felt was too dense or boring.

Anyway. Post your shelves please!

>pic is blurry
>movies on your bookshelf
>The Simpsons
This is why we don't have bookshelf threads anymore. This shelf is an embarrassment.

i'd comment if i could see what books you have. Too many movies, not enough books m8

Well I didnt want comments on mine I just posted because I wanted to see others. And the pic is blurry because im poor.

Heres the best I could do in getting most of (and only) the books in

>Star Wars
>'97 Special Edition

Omg i love these threads, i gotchu famiglia

Blame Lucas, not me

>doesn't even have '95 One Last Time boxset
baka

Is there anything worse than the 'mint collector's edition' aesthetic?

I have laserdisc originals on my computer. Ive had that special edition boxset since my 10th birthday

ya the barnes and noble mint condition collection

What are you going away for and how long?

Here's mine

>Pretty soon I'll be (most likely) going to jail/prison
Are you the pugilist on /k/ with anger problems?

The shelf is shit, you should kick it to pieces.

Those are so fucking hideous, jesus christ I hope this was a troll post

sorry you got judged bro

>that Starship Troopers
What the fuck, my tiny-ass paperback is like 250 pages with fairly large font. Is that hardcover copy 24 point or something?

Just moved and had to slim down. I feel like I always give away my favorites, but I suppose that's good.

You have a lot of Noam Chompsky, recommend anything specific by him?

I make the gf build the bookshelf.

its a 2 in 1 with stranger in a strange land

Manufacturing Consent (though a joint project obvs). Very important book for anyone who consumes mass media and wants some explication of the wheat from the chaffe

send me some pictures of your gfs tits to prove thats a real woman

They're banal and repetitive. We get it, you brainlets like showing off your novelty books and plebeian garbage. Like the battlestation threads on /g/ it's the same retards posting the same thing daily.

It's also disgusting consumerism.

This is a blue board user.

I think I saw more pictures of this. Or maybe it was another user

Dunno why one wouldn't just get the Everyman hardbacks instead, they're cheaper and much more aesthetically pleasing on a bookshelf. That way your bookshelf won't look like it is that of a 14 year old girl's.

There’re from me originally. I posted them like 2 years ago and you guys kept spamming the photos in other threads.

>every book looks the same

yeah no thanks

Felony possession of a controlled substance

If the charge sticks its 2 to 20. Hoping to get a plea to a lesser charge but I have a few previous drug/alcohol charges and live in TX so my lawyer told me not to hold my breath on that

As the other user said Manufacturing Consent is probably the one "required reading" book of his. A lot of his books are not written but someone transcribing lectures and talks hes given. Manufacturing Consent is a book he actually wrote and it tackles a subject thats pretty important.

I also enjoyed On Anarchism a great deal but thats because I'm very interested in that subject.

>being a fan of Chomsky

The DFW elephant on the bookshelf is looking suspiciously unread, unlike the other books.

Interesting selection, though.

What edition of Moby Dick is that?

Nevermind. Found it.

If anyone else cares:

harpercollins.com/9780062085641/moby-dick

Haha, nice to see a fellow /pol/ visitor.

Russian shelf

I already have a copy of the book but I'm tempted to buy that one. Oh god, I'm becoming a consumerist shit.

It's the only copy I own. It's my favorite book.

It also has those cool page edges where they're not cut evenly. The spine seems kind of week though but it feels good in the hand

It's called a deckle edge.

I just like the cover, honestly. I'm really debating whether I want it or not.

Yeah that, they're great.

I feel of it is the best part desu. It's pretty light for being so thick and the cover is kind of textured. Would recommend.

It's $5 on ebay. Go for it, user.

Aspects of the Theory of Syntax

Cute girl! What's her deal?

She’s holding m’dick

$10 on eBay for me. I'll get it once I get paid, I guess. I can donate my copy to someone else. Got Christmas gifts to buy but I think I really want this one.

>yall

what should i read next from my shelf

Republic, check em

Yeah I haven't gotten around reading it yet, I was saving it after I finished my exams and I just did so im starting it soon

Am I the biggest pseud on Veeky Forums?

haha

i have that same foam roller, user

>video games
>non intellectual books
>bait
You almost got me there, fuggggg :D

when I first heard some soft-skinned pretty boy in a pair of dockers use the word "y'all" in conversation I thought it was some inside joke I didn't understand. The way he said it, with a slight ironic twist as in "I don't really talk like this but youknowwhatimean" was so preposterous that I simply thought he was making fun of my rural accent. Then I heard it again, and again, even after I changed my accent to a more inoffensive midwestern, and I came to realize that it's a genuine piece of vocabulary in the latte-sipper's world. Shoved in there, awkwardly tucked away amongst the "omg"s and the "like, totally"s was this graft of language from the opposite side of the divide. Initially it irritated me, but I quickly grew to love it. I would eagerly anticipate the contraction dropping off of my hippie liberal eat-out-every-friday friends' tongues, and always feel a little peal of triumph when it did. It's such a good word that even the concrete addicts of the urban upper middle class couldn't keep it out of their mouths. Make all the incest, white trash, retard disses you want - at the end of the day, nothing beats good old fashioned country pragmatism.

>only minima moralia, no aesthetic theory or negative dialectics
>no collected works of aristotle
>no sense and sensibilia by austin or his collected papers
>ayer
>no 4 volume selected writings of benjamin
>no arcades project
>no reflections on the revolution in france
>camus
>chalmers
>sennett
>no speech and phenomena by derrida, or dissemination, or of spirit or heidegger: the question
>only volume 1 of descartes
>cambridge companions
>madness & civilization, not the unabridged original "history of madness"
>only the introduction to the history of sexuality
>only one of his lectures
>no 3 volume New Press collection of foucault's course summaries and interviews
>no science of logic
>no encyclopedia
>no contributions to philosophy (from enowning), no black notebooks, no kant and the problem of metaphysics
>labelling dialectic of enlightenment under H and not under A
>no full Treatise of Human Nature from the gorgeous Oxford Philosophical Texts
Pluhar is acceptable as a substitution for Guyer if you're a pleb but you seriously need the cambridge editions of kant
>no "philosophical troubles" by kripke
>shitty little volume of kierkegaard, no hong & hong works
>shitty abridgement of an essay concerning human understanding
>lyotard
>no eros and civilization, just marcuse's worst book (even worse than heideggerian marxism)
>only volume one of capital, no grundrisse, early writings, dispatches from the tribune
>no autobiography of mill
>no complete works of plato
>not owning everything quine ever published
>no confessions by rousseau
>bertrand russell
>dover classics and not the cambridge editions of schopenhauer
>John "sexually assaults his assistants" Searle
>SINGER
oh you have the theory of moral sentiments thats actually good
>no complete works of spinoza
>some garbage fucking anthology of wittgenstein when all of his proper works barely amount to 2000 pages
>Zizek with no Lacan
>Barthes
>Sontag
the oxford KJV with apocrypha is ok but study bibles in most bookstores have much deeper annotations and critical essays, I recommend looking into texts on Koine greek and consulting different translations of the new testament
>no city of god
>no aquinas
>malcolm x
I rate you 3/10
maybe in a year or two you'll be a 4 or 5
you're on your way from plebdom though

>language is owned by subspecies of people

I'm from a rural area and you're being kind of a pretentious shit.

Nice user - Rereading The Brothers Karamazov atm. Just finished The Grand Inquisitor.

A Few folios

A few more

Nice icon

>Foucalt
>Derrida
>Hegel's
>Plato
etc.

Autism: the shelf.

Did you like Hard Times by Studs Terkel? I enjoyed Working immensely, haven't read any of his other stuff.

what's with the two copies of Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason"?
did you accidentally forget to buy C. of Practical Reason?

Two different translations.

>he can't differentiate the Norman Kemp Smith and the Pluhar translation by sight
look at this fucking gigapleb

noice

kek

Have you read The Rapes of Grath?

Isn't she now complaining about how the other retards in the alt-right are being mean to women? Crazy stuff.

They use the word "folk" a lot as well.

Rolling for this

>not one but TWO copies of gorilla mindset
>WWE video game
>gamestop receipt

gets me every time