No one here actually reads just look at the threads about specific works they're 404d in 3 hours while memes and...

no one here actually reads just look at the threads about specific works they're 404d in 3 hours while memes and general bullshit gets 200 answers and more when it's not ranking or chart threads with pseud trying to display what they think is their refined taste about books they don't even read let alone understood i used to like this place fuck you i hate you

Whatcha been reading, user?

apollinaire and some landau lifshitz lectures what about you

But I read wikipedia articles

I don’t read.

бyмп

They prefer Cucktube!

People see the title "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and turn away, but it is such an incredible guide to good manners and excellence in interpersonal skills that I am shocked that it is not required reading in schools.

The obvious.... 1984 will wake you tf up

>dude just be a sociopath lmao

To be fair there are millions of books, even thousands of really good books. The chances of many people here having read the same book either recently or in more than average depth, to be able to talk about it are low.
On the other hand everyone can shitpost and meme.

The books that most people here have read (the Iliad, Dostoevsky, etc) have been discussed to death already.

If your looking for continual great discussion about the books you've just read you are in the wrong place. This is still Veeky Forums after all.

>implying most people on here have actually read The Illiad, or even Dostoyevsky

>The books that most people here have read (the Iliad, Dostoevsky, etc) have been discussed to death already.
They haven't, though. I can't remember a single meaningful discussion about these, mostly it's just translation wars and memes based on the books.

I've had good discussions about all his big works, you just have to keep your eyes open for a thoughtful post and engage. Or make a thoughtful post yourself and hope someone else engages. It doesn't work every time, but it's the only way.

I think there should be more diversification. People reading always the same books is not good.

If you're not a cuck, you don't believe in the myth that you have to read Veeky Forums top 100. Sure, they're classics, but they're all very different. Does it really make sense to read The Divine Comedy and then Catch-22? What I mean to say is that you should follow your own path. Starting with Veeky Forums top 100 is fine, but after four of five books you should start deepening certain themes, proceeding off the beaten path. Connections between books are not established by a chart, but by your own interests. You read a classic and then you focus on similar themes reading minor literature on the same topic. When you're done you get back to the classics and the cycle begins again. That's how acculturation works. Reading what an anonymous imageboard tells you means submitting to the meme-culture produced by infocapitalism, that wants you to follow the trends. So that you will always remain a cuck without personality.

That's all. I believe if people read like this there would be much more diversification, more books to talk about, less bullshit and Veeky Forums would be a better place.

I agree, but that won't make lit better. It would make it worse because everyone's "path" will be different and no one will have read the same books.

Honestly, I don't come to Veeky Forums to discuss books I've read. Internet discussions are quite silly and pointless; there's always someone ready to debate and troll you to death just for the sake of it. I come to Veeky Forums to find out new books and new suggestions. The "educational" utility of Veeky Forums is enormous, it really looks like a goldmine sometimes. It would perfect if people made more threads about the unusual readings they've done, giving some background and explaining what the books talk about and why they're worth reading.

Yeah it's chans, but I wouldn't give up on them so fast. Usability, number of users, anonymity, loose moderation just blow the classic forums out of the water. Perhaps as said, one just has to know what to focus on.

Anyways what have you guys been reading recently?

apollinaire and some landau lifshitz lectures what about you

Dotwhisky

read the recognitions
gaddis thoroughly btfos the kind of superficial sincerity Carnegie advocates

>not feeling any pathos for Mr. Pivner
Yea I know I'm going to finish it this week. I just like posting reddit quotes into random threads.

Luigi Di Ruscio, an Italian poet who lived in Norway. He left many collections of poetry, some novellas and diaries written with the stream of consciousness.