How is the Book Group you partake in?

How is the Book Group you partake in?

If you aren't a part of any, why not? Why not start a Literature Club next semester?

Are you in any book club op? I used to watch some old guys discuss literature in the back of a library, so i guess i used to be in something.

Book clubs are filled with middle-aged women and not qts like in your picture.

That's a qt in the picture but you're still right

I get together with four other gentlemen on the last Friday of each month to discuss what we've read since we last saw each other. It's the highlight of my months.

One is an old college mate, one his co-worker and the other two are old co-workers of my from previous companies.

No I meant that the girl in the picture is cute.

As in ''these book clubs are filled with middle-aged women and not qts, like THAT qt is your picture''.

Wouldn't want to make it seem like I have shit taste or something.

Because i'm not in college anymore?

Social Interactions are just for college kids, my warlord.

No but for most people reading is

>reddit spacing

My tastes in literature aren't in line with most people around me.
People around me aren't interested in a literature club.
Teacher once asked why I haven't founded a literature circle

>Green Posting

>Meme Arrows

99.9% of people, even those who claim to be interested in literature, are simply too stupid for me to gain anything from talking to them

I say this as someone who has actually been in books clubs both online and in person

You're supposed to gain companionship, social interaction, and some level of intimacy with another human being beyond the sight of other people existing. What, do you want every meeting to be master thesis level discussion?

Because most people don't read. When they do it's very specific things.
So why make a club for a niche of a niche?
I only want to read what I'm interested in, and I wager most people are the same.

If I wanted any of that shit I'd rent a whore

The book club I'm part has decided to read George's Marvellous Medicine. Kill me pls.

shoot I should join one huh; thanks user!

update, there isn't one :/

pic source? tineye gives 0 results

yes, we are on chans

my gf t b h

My parents are a part of one but I don't have time with classes. I love hanging out with them though, they're all very, very nice people.
I just wish my priests would attend more often though (that's how they met my family), but they're expecting so it's to be understood.

>I just wish my priests would attend more often though (that's how they met my family), but they're expecting so it's to be understood.

What

They're a married man and woman. Episcopalianism. It's very sweet.

you're a real autismo and probably nofriends
>implying whores provide meaningful social interaction

Of course I don't have "friends", what type of effeminate loser do you take me for?

>>implying whores provide meaningful social interaction

Why not? I see no reason why a whore should be any less respected company than random normies who just want to signal their imaginary cultural capital. The interaction with the whore is at least honest and open. More room for meaning there really than with the twofaced scum that just want to use you

voluntary and involuntary lone wolf lifestyle.

this is why 90% of the book clubs have the stereotype of middle aged women that always read the same garbage

I have a certified genius level IQ and a degree in Phil and Lit. If I wanted good company I'd get a dog. If I want to be irritated by silly women I can walk down a road for five seconds

Mine is pretty fun. Its mostly women and I'm the gay intellectual of the group -- mainly because I'm the only one who actually reads. We get drunk on wine and hardly discuss books at all. I've also, against my better judgements, had sex with three of them. I know I said I'm gay but I can't resist a woman trying to turn me.

Cool story bro

Congrats, this is the first time I've seen someone pull a "no hetero". Is Bisexual really that much of a dirty word to you?

Faggots are disgusting sociopaths, they're whatever they need to be at a given time once they get to finger little boys eventually

rate my book group's taste

Airport Barnes and Nobles tier

Why are you so useless to society then

I'm not, I happen to be in the midst of a Computer Science graduate degree and expect to be generating a significant amount of money for America soon.
Not that I particularly care for helping others anyway, its just a convenient means for me to fund my own personal studies and access important places

Ah but I have user. It's thriving and filled me with profound insight. To see so many receptions of the same material illuminates even the most esoteric and hidden intricacies of the celebrated writing we select. You really should join us some time over at /sffg/

Am I to understand you picked the novels listed in the same row as "me"? If so I urge you to find better company before they pull you to their level.

>Spies by Michael Frayn
fucking wow

it's a very mixed bag for sure but there's some gems in there and i like reading stuff i wouldn't otherwise and having a nice big conversation with the nice people from different walks of life about them.
lol yes that was one of the worst desu
and then the next go she picked american pastoral which was great
people's tastes are weird

No you see the point is once a year he gets to force them to pretend to read some obscure book that shows how smart he is

>people on this board actually think like this

In my experience of book clubs it is almost certainly the case

Cultural capital isn't imaginary, friendo.

>More room for meaning there really than with the twofaced scum that just want to use you

?

You'll see bad everywhere if you suppose bad intent.

>Cultural capital isn't imaginary, friendo.

No but my point is theirs is.

Who is this ''they'' though?

Surely I'm not part of them right?

Bored middle class women generally

How has you having sex with three of the members not simply destroyed any sense of group dynamic in the club?

Because he's lying obviously

>being this jelly

Yes bisexuality is disgusting. If that is how normies look at fags I totally understand their revulsion.

I assure you if what was said was is true I have all of zero reason to be jealous of the pre-sapien writhings of a self consumed homo

My book group consists of me and my gf

this is the book club.

Thats really cute. A girlfriend used to get me to read her to sleep

These are my friends

What awful friend(s?)

Why do you talk about things in terms of semester? Surely you don't assume everyone is a child like you who needs groups and semesters to provide scope and definition for them?

Found the smelly neet

Where? Point him out so I can wave around fat stacks of cash and buy things flagrantly to annoy him

Because I joined a creative writing group once and am still mad about it.

Why did you break her fingers you monster?

She got a paper-cut while turning the page of a book and she's unfortunately has hemophilia

story tiem
did they hurt your feelings

Well, what the fuck did these guys think of stuff like Skylark and Monte Cristo in space? Also, madman for picking Krasznahorkai

everybody loved skylark, most people enjoyed the stars my destination (although the one lady got very sjw and offended by the rape)
as for satantango, we'll see...