What's the best book by Taleb?

what's the best book by Taleb?

I've heard that Antifragile is the best and an advancement on prior entries, but also that the analogies get a bit silly...

>what's the best book by Taleb?

It's all good. Have you read any of his work?
Also, silly analogies are fun.

Antifragile is his best book. His books are designed so you can start with any of the books in the series.

No, not really. I've read articles and bits of The Bed of Procrustes despite meaning to make an effort for the best part of 10 years.

Cheers, will start with Antifragile.

>FAT TONYISM

The Bed of Procrustes is his shortest work since it consists mostly of aphorisms, or at least that's what I've been told.

I mention this in case book length matters to you or to another looking to read Taleb.

I know many of you love this guy, and think he's a genius. I can assure you, none among you, are as impressed with his intelligence as he is. This guy is just insufferable. I've actually never witnessed a marriage of incompetence and confidence so fully and grotesquely consummated in the mind of a person with a public platform. This is the most arrogant person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting.

When you meet him you quickly discover that he radiates a sense of grievance from his pores in a way that few people do. It's kind of like a preternatural force of negative charisma, and he can convey his contempt for everyone at the table, even in the way he says "pass the salt". He is so convinced that his genius has not been appropriately lauded that he finds some way to communicate this in almost every interaction. He is a child in a man's body. And the mismatch between his estimation of himself and the quality of his utterances is so complete and so mortifying to witness in person that you just find you're jumping out of your skin.

I love his writing. His work reads like the most elongated high school essay possible splattered with these quirky jabs he never forgets to pull at finance brainlets. I want an ego as antifragile as Taleb's.

I find it endearing.

Veeky Forums is too mathematically illiterate to read anything by Taleb.

You're an insecure shithead. Taleb is simply exhibiting typical Mediterranean/Near Eastern machismo.

>You're an insecure shithead
nah mate. I just find him a self-indulgent hack of mediocre intelligence and literary ability. Sorry my opinion hurts your sensibilities.

I always like being there for the birth of a new pasta

John, is this you?

butt blasted Anglo finance lord detected

Far from it. Off the mark both on cultural heritage and profession. Nothing wring with the Anglos though. I just don't like dragging myself through the intellectual sewers of people like Taleb while neurotically shouting down at everyone claiming that I'm covered in shit.

It appears you are the ones butt-blasted merely by my disliking of Taleb, which is characteristic of soyboy worship. I haven't said anything of substance, so no need to get upset. I merely expressed my disdain for the fat brown hack. So calm down babes.

it's not new

I will summarize his views

>eat steak and wine
>laugh at people who try to plan for the future
>make decision on what to do with your day by smell

then something about seneca and the lindy effect and math and so forth

Taleb is pretty cool but don't take him too seriously. You should disagree w/ a lot of what he says when you read him. I would recommend Antifragile because it's his most recent and his best. The Black Swan is more famous only b/c it was published right before the financial crash and Taleb made a ton of money off the crash

I kind of feel betrayed by Taleb though b/c he's realized that his largest possible audience is the unfilled void between Jordan Peterson & Mike Cernovich and so he's gotten a lot more political to appeal to them

>so he's gotten a lot more political to appeal to them

I think he just delights in pissing off our social betters. Sometimes he does this by associating with non gratas.

Loved his work, he summarized what I felt after getting bachelors in economics (thanks for your condolences). Also he made me stop watching news and play around with fasting. As well as limiting plan making of course.

that's part of it, but read excerpts of Skin in the Game. It's just Antifragile but w/ lib bashing

I prefer him that way. It works as a filter. And I'm not fond of people who act too nice, there's often something shady about them.

I don't mind the lib bashing, but he should offend the other side as well to avoid attracting the vermin from the other side of the political spectrum.

I really loved Antifragile. I think he represens an absolutely refreshing and necessary to read line of thinking. Of course I don't agree 100 % with what he says. Ironically his ancients worship is dumb from my point of view (ironic because be preaches lack of respect for pseud stuff in all other areas but has his blind spot).

Although I love his work in a cautious sense. I am wary of these writers that sell you stuff saying "You are so smart, just be yourself" and so on.

I think his work is kind of timely because we are seeing the humanitiesfags in the msm have their authority vanish. In the UK the "OMG you don't believe in experts" propaganda vindicated his rants about scientism and empty suits.

Nah m8, I can practically smell it through the screen.

Can some one teach me how to build and use a Montecarlo simulator ?

I liked The Black Swan better than Antifragile, and recommend reading both in that order. Fooled by Randomness covers much of the same territory as The Black Swan but focuses more on econ/finance topics.

LOL

sup Nassim

TayTay is baebae

I read both of them and it was painful. Looking to get fooled by randomness, I'll never be anything like nassim