Is any beer that comes in a twist cap bottle shit?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Discuss.

Attached: Starr-Hill-Pry-Off-Bottle-Cap-450x337.jpg (47 KB, 450x337)

All urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-are-American-beer-bottles-twist-off-but-European-ones-not
youtube.com/watch?v=LwwFPraUNF8

MPmaster
MPmaster

huh?

hairygrape
hairygrape

All caps are twist caps when you have strong hands.

Methnerd
Methnerd

huh?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

no, and I'll also add that I believe that many shithouse beers have the pry off added to make it marketable as more exclusive. It's a throwback to a different time. Much like all beer in can used to be swill, but now most brewers acknowledge that it is the superior for many reasons.

also: huh? Best meme since keyboard cat tßh

Attached: coopers-best-extra-stout-375ml-bottles.png (131 KB, 321x473)

cum2soon
cum2soon

Whats the point with these caps?

Attached: 5D71DC23-B2DD-458E-8FEC-241C34B1818C.jpg (27 KB, 458x458)

Emberburn
Emberburn

To confuse the emrifat

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

so you can store your pee afterwards

Nojokur
Nojokur

huh?

Illusionz
Illusionz

it's german recycling

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Yes, bud light

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I love these kinds of tops. I wish Grolsch wasn't the only widely available one to have it.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

le ebin pop sound

idontknow
idontknow

resealable

Methnerd
Methnerd

Yes. Lots of them.

massdebater
massdebater

What's a keyboard cat tssh?

massdebater
massdebater

Much like all beer in can used to be swill, but now most brewers acknowledge that it is the superior for many reasons.

Beer in a can used to be swill because the can was unlined and awful metal taste seeped into the brew.
The solution was to start lining the cans.

If the market really gave a shit about inconvenience as exclusivity than Churchkey beer would be the best selling beer in America.

Attached: Churchkey-Poured-into-a-Brewpublic-Glass.jpg (1.07 MB, 3264x2448)

idontknow
idontknow

huh?

Supergrass
Supergrass

You keep it and put it on your guitar

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Based South Aussie

w8t4u
w8t4u

Huh? A lot of beers use twist offs.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

I bought this beer once, fucking hell how disgusting it was. I'll drink most any stout but this is probably the only beer I have had to pour out.

RumChicken
RumChicken

If the bottle isn't threaded twisting won't give you any mechanical advantage. You clearly aren't very strong.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

pee is stored in the balls

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Don't see what the issue is.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Huh? OP isn't denying that fact.

Playboyize
Playboyize

cheap bottles for homebrew

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Why is beer in a long-neck bottle so much better than cans or even short-neck bottles? What's the science behind that?

WebTool
WebTool

If you twist at an angle you should be able to open beers easy wimp.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Yuengling is delicious and is a twist off. You actually need specialized equipment and a bottle with a corkscrew pattern to utilize twist off caps. Pry-off bottles are much more common.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Same thing applies to coke. A friend once told me that some of the materials of the can or plastic bottle mix with the fluid but that does not happen with glass. Could be bullshit though.
Also litterally never had a beer with a twist cap. Is that a specific american thing?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

keeps all the carbonation escaping and your beer becoming flat if you're having to put it away for a while

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

all that equipment is standard now in the industry and mass produced bottles are available for the same price twist or pop top

Supergrass
Supergrass

Same thing applies to coke.
Only mexican coke, and only because they use cane sugar.
Same reason kosher coke tastes better than normal coke even though it's still in a plastic bottle.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

What's the science behind that?
glass will taste superior to can as there is no chance of chemical liners leeching into the contents

as for the style of bottle that is completely subjective
pour either into a mug and the beer taste identical

Flameblow
Flameblow

Cans have been lined since the 80's.

Look up Schlitz floaties if you don't believe me.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Yes. Take it from a European. Americans and their frail little hands need twist caps because they lack the motor skills to open a bottle on any edge/other bottle.

Looks nice, comfy to open, easy to reseal when your break is over and you return to blue collar work.

idontknow
idontknow

Cans have been lined since the 80's.
I never said they weren't?
The canned beer being swill meme is a holdover from the '70s, when the cans were unlined.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

This. Whenever I homebrew I grab these because they're 100x easier to fit and cheaper.
Plus the hipsters love them I guess.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

homebrewing
its sacrilege to buy empty bottles when you could buy bottles with beer already in them and reuse them

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Stick to your Guinness, kiddo.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Twist off is just convenient and even then only shit tier beers like bud light use twist caps. Even killians Irish red, a Wal-Mart tier beer uses traditional caps.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

quora.com/Why-are-American-beer-bottles-twist-off-but-European-ones-not
The truth is that twist-offs are just more expensive to produce. And the European beer brewers can't scrape together enough Euros or whatever the fuck to do it.

TechHater
TechHater

That guy's second point of twist-off caps being impractical for storage has, naturally, been omitted in favour of making fun of Europeans a.k.a. the inventors of beer and downplaying their brewing prowess.
Grow up, Chad'arius Lopez Johnson III

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

No.

Attached: w56297492n-1.jpg (239 KB, 1000x1000)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Guinnes is a bit boring to drink regularly.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

the OP image reminded me of Fallout NV
youtube.com/watch?v=LwwFPraUNF8

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Fuck off bitch, you've outstayed your welcome here

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

huh.

girlDog
girlDog

no

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

HUH HUH HUH what are you, REEEEtarded?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit