What is beauty? Why is it important?

What is beauty? Why is it important?

imagine if you didn't find women attractive (easy cuz fag)

lmao

It takes hold of you, and it doesn't matter if it's "important" in a functional sense. It's simply there, like time passing.

the Beautiful is the only of the Ideas that admit to sensibly perception, thus serving as a model for man's intuition to all the other forms of the Good

Truth is beauty, beauty truth.

exactly. beauty is a trap.

Beauty is symmetry, order, and meaning in an otherwise mundane, chaotic, meaningless world.

the greater the beauty of a woman, the more pain I would be willing to take for her
when a gorgeous woman kicks my balls and I fall to the ground, I'll be quicker to stand up and spread my legs ready for the next kick

People that conflate beauty with sexual desire should be shot in the head.

When will you cucks learn to start with the greeks

this sort of mentality is precisely why you're still a virgin

>What is beauty?
Troubled girl-children

From afar, maybe.

Beauty is synonymous with truth and the ease with which something comes to mind. It is important because it helps us form judgements about what we believe to true.

>What is beauty?
not certain
>Why is it important?
self interest

If you have to ask, you evidently don't have it

Did I say otherwise?

The best part is feeling their soft skin silly!

Beauty is a quality of the godhead. Its importance is self-evident.

What does it have to do with being troubled and childish?

>What is beauty? Why is it important?

The awful thing is that beauty is mysterious as well as terrible. God and the devil are fighting there and the battlefield is the heart of man.
-Woody Allen

huh. big words
for a child rapier

When it comes to appreciating beauty, it stems from emotion, so it's one of the purest things out there. You don't need to analyze anything. You just appreciate it for what it is. You accept it and that's that.

It's sort of a "zen" way to look at it. Beauty is because it is. It's different for everyone, but everyone knows what beauty is to them, because they just know when they see or hear something they consider beautiful.

Wow, thank you for posting this. I think you're dead right-- when faced with truth, for me at least, I experience something beautiful in its own way. Way to capture that feel

>rapier
>fencing sword

sex
it's all about sex

The eternal, unchanging form, goodness, and truth

beauty can't be easily defined

me

Beauty is a quality of certain things that makes it so that if certain people perceive the things, those people will feel an immediate sense of pleasure. But it’s not like sex, because this pleasure is not compulsive. It’s something we willingly enter into and enjoy.

To be more speculative/abstract (to guess): things are beautiful insofar as they serve as an accurate representation of other beautiful things, this chain perhaps originating in our maker.

How are you all equating beauty with truth? I understand what you're saying at an intuitive level but I need someone to articulate the correspondence for me.

>What is beauty?
Rarity

Developed maxilla, sizemogging, heightmogging, good zygos, no prominent nasiolabal folds, thick hair, intact hairline, low body fat, white, European features

It’s important because you’ll get amogged and die an incel if you don’t possess it to some degree

Also EYE AREA

Read Hegel

Alternatively, read Heidegger

You've got a lot to learn

What the fuck is size/heightmogging

>What is beauty?

It's a category that we place things which create sensations of strong admiration when perceived into, for the sake of analyzing it.

It's important because it is a commonly encountered phemomenon, it's mostly unique to humans, it's gripping, it's not always easy to grasp, it tells something about the beholder, and beholding it can be one of the most powerful sensations.

There's nothing special about this girl

My mistake, supposed to be skullmogging not sizemogging
Skullmogging = alpha male of the group has a bigger, more robust skull
Heightmogging = alpha male of the group is taller

She has a nice face and is doing something wholesome but in a thread about beauty, she is not nearly ideal enough to serve as a good example.

It's graceful and a vision of the ideal. One of the highest values, for sure.
>Maccabean revolt was the first religious war we know of. Jews waged war against the Greeks because the Greeks valued beauty, and this was considered idolatry among the jews.

its the only thing that can give meaning to life

>It's simply there, like time passing.
kek brainlet

Beauty as a value is as timeless as time. Beauty as a fixed value is transient. Our fellow user obviously meant the former.

tl:dr Kys

>timeless as time
kek dorksville

byoo-tee give us big heart BOANER

want fuck beauty but cant find. think i see it, get boaner, chase it. it aint there any more. i think i see it again

That takes us from Lacaux paintings to present day

A desirable quality

You're are special

Sorry, riposte

Most would likely say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though it is pretty well proven that beauty has origins in mathematical constants

An attractive body or a pretty face are just one of the endless possibilities and expressions of Beauty in the Nature.

Wtf does this have to do with literature?

The opposite of Ugliness.

>who says it's important or that it needs any kind of help?