Anyone got their hands on the new Expanse book yet? I'm debating buying it or waiting for a less legal version

Anyone got their hands on the new Expanse book yet? I'm debating buying it or waiting for a less legal version.

Thoughts on the series in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!GthV1Kia!DKdxKjjJI6QT9pwan1nw3fg-B8CXqyWgvKby0F8ScS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i think it's a boring as hell series. i read like 3 of the books and stopped

I haven't read the last one, I'm not paying for a hardcover and the audiobook is read by someone who sounds like a retard. And the fact that none of the main characters have died after all that shit by the end of Nemesis Games is kind of unbelievable.

and I would personally suggest Revelation Space to anyone who enjoyed this series, Alastair Reynolds is a much better writer in terms of character development, use of imagery, style, and utilization of Lovecraftian elements.

I got it last night, not far into it at all though. It's pretty clear they're going to end it at book 9. I hope you like timeskips.

i'm about 100 pages in and i like it more than the previous two books so far

i liked revelation space, but the characters were dry. the imagery is the main thing that has stuck with me.

I thought it was nice that Babylon had more than 4 PoV characters for once. Shit got real old, because you just knew that at one point all of those four characters were gonna be in the same fucking place

Just finished it. I liked it. Went ahead 30(?) years and took things in a bit of a different direction.

Damn so we got old man Holden now?

Halfway through it. I’m enjoying it more than I enjoyed the last few books.

>the characters were dry
Unfortunately the most interesting characters are Conjoiners who come into the story in the second book in the trilogy. Chasm City has some more memorable characters and a God tier Fight Club twist variation.

Welcome to every book ever you retard, lets just forget that some of the pov characters die.

>jefferson mays sounds like a retard
Go hang yourself please.

RIP Miller and ProtoMiller, may you rest in peace both times.

mega.nz/#!GthV1Kia!DKdxKjjJI6QT9pwan1nw3fg-B8CXqyWgvKby0F8ScS8

Thank you user, much appreciated

You should go to my anonymouse and get interviewed, its not that hard

¿qué?

Best ebook and audiobook private tracker.

Ah okay sure I'll check it out, thanks

Show miller did miller so well, to bad syfy fucked it all up and made a bunch of retardedly unecessary changes.

Yeah there's so much added melodrama that is completely superfluous. Only change I can get behind is introducing Chrisjen earlier, adding the Earth perspective provides some good context. Plus I can never get enough of that angry little grandma.

I've stopped in the first book somewhere, so boring.

It discards everything that makes SF interesting and replaces it with bland, US-TV style action. In many ways it felt like current US mainstream cinema SF, which are action movies with lasers and spaceships instead of regular guns and cars.

It feels like it's written by people who've never read a book for people who only binge Netflix shows.

>It discards everything that makes SF interesting and replaces it with bland, US-TV style action. In many ways it felt like current US mainstream cinema SF, which are action movies with lasers and spaceships instead of regular guns and cars.

Which is the reason why the TV series based on it works

You wanna know how i know your lying?
Because the only action in the first half of the first book is the canterbury exploding and the escape from the mars battleship.
Both of which are short and to the point, the rest of the first half of the book is character building for miller, him falling in love with julie, and holden realizing hes way in over his head and scared shitless.

There is actually so little action in the expanse series you have to be baiting, out of 7 books if you took all the action scenes and made them into one book it would be less the half the length of nemesis games.
The tv show is dogshit and the characters go from developed people you can understand to one deminsional retards that no one could like, except miller, even avasarala, whom i like, is just turned into angry granny, the lack of inner monologues and the self reflection that occurs within in the books makes the characters seem like retards.

tl;dr: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Holy shit you are the so fucking stupid it hurts, nothing of what you said is even remotly true of the expanse, its extremely light on action, and when it does happen its not like modern us tv where its all running and gunning, fights are either over fast or are drawn out due to the cruelty of orbital mechanics, there are no lasers in the books, its all railguns, pdcs, and torpedos, you must have some rucking retarded idea of what makes sf interesting, as if theres only 1 type of sf, now please go fucking hang yourself.

>haha someone called me out better fall back on i was merely pretending.

Face it, your books are shit and you're wasting your time, no need to screech around like this

>2 retards on lit dont like it therefore its shit
Youre a bit full of yourself arnt you.

Also i never said the book were the best shit ever, i just said those 2 people (you) are either retarded, or lying because none of what they said happens innthe books.

I think they have used communication lasers as a weapon in the books so that means you're wrong about everything and it all sucks HA

>no books end with dead protagonists
wat

The Expanse has ended with dead PoV characters too

That happens like one time and they make a big deal out of how it's retarded or more complicated than it's worth to do so. In fact that's bigger than the laser itself.

>pov
Stop putting words in my mouth, you troglodyte
The books are clearly about the 4 people crewing the Canterbury
Maybe one of the 2 I haven't read ends with Naomi or Alex or Amos or Holden dying, whatever, you are thick as a brick if you didn't see my point.

Sure the four people in the Cant have survived, how terrible. Any story that isn't as ruthless with killing main characters as ASoIaF is shit now, tension can only be achieved if protaginists die all the fucking time.

Your point is moot because books that kill there main characters are far and fee between, why am i even bothering, you obvioudly read some plot points on wikipedia to shitpost on Veeky Forums, nobody crews the cant after the frsit 10th of the first book because it was nuked into elemntary particles, also miller was a main character, prax was a main character, just because the arnt reoccuring and havent been in since the first book doesnt mean you can exclude them to fit your arguement. Between books 3 and 6 several important characters die, and one extremely important one dies.
You are a retard, end of.

Jesus Christ, I knew reading these books was a bad idea

Go back to jacking off to your grim dark everyone dies at the end shit tier lit, or kill yourself.

The books arnt about the crew of the rocinante, its about the events happe ing around them, they are just the lens through which you view said events, the books are about the tension between mars, earth and the opa, and about the proto molecule

haha lol sure showed them

Oh so it's about everything except the people with whom we spend the most time and who are at the center of all these events? Thanks for showing me
Are you both 13? I'm saying that the odds against A

I never said they didnt matter, i said the main focus of the books is the proto molecule and its effects on mankind, viewed through the rocinates crew, so yes they do matter, but the books arnt about them.

This series is the height of big universe, small world. Everything is huge and takes ages to travel to but everyone in it is just the same people over and over again.

>the main focus of the books is the proto molecule and its effects on mankind,
You don't know how to read

>Shit got real old, because you just knew that at one point all of those four characters were gonna be in the same fucking place

> write a novel
> five characters in separate lives
> you just know they're going to meet at the end
> they get closer
> they don't meet
> reader is frantic
> second last page
> they walk through a park and don't even make eye contact

GOT YOU.

so 2 more years before this stuff is done?