The World Goes On

/lit please, do yourself a huge favor and read this amazing work of art by Krasznahorkai.

is it good?

its not out for another 6 months

Already read it ;)

Wrong

Where's the best place to start with him? Tarr's movies are my favorites and the descriptions of his writing style really intrigue me

His writing is the best place to start with his writing

What does the bottom text even mean?

Haha for real my guy?

Yes.

Kill yourself my man

I don't understand, is "Lazlo krasznahorfaksljf" some well known phrase or something? I have never heard of it.

Give it a google sport

Is it mean? I don't like mean things. It's not german is it?

Don't be a pussy my dude

No results on google translate

Is it a good place to start with him, or is there a better novel / short story by him (in translation) to start with?

The first 30 pages are very short stories. I'd go to a bookstore and read a few. It's a good place to start because it isn't as intensive as some of his work but if you don't like his style you won't like anything by him.

Nice! My pre-order is late so don't have it yet :/
What's your fav? I though Seiobo was other-worldy desu, legit thinking of getting a tattoo based on it

Ok fine I googled it lol

first good Veeky Forums thread for several months

Seiobo is my favorite easily, this is up there too it's way funnier than Seiobo, Melancholy, War & War stuff, more like Satantango w the humor. The first long story is suuuuper Beckett influenced I love it. I've read part 1 (Speaks) which is a third of the book. I want to savor it; the experience of reading Krasznahorkai, especially reading something of his for the first time, is a major part of my interest in him

Answer my fucking question, you autistic retard.
Answer it RIGHT NOW!

>/lit please, do yourself a huge favor and read this amazing work of art
... and you ask where to start.
You're just an autistic worthless retard, you don't deserve any answer.

You disgust me.

I bought Satantango a few weeks ago and still haven't read it. I feel so guilty now.

This cover is gay as fucking shit

>holographic like a Pokémon card
>rainbow to get fucking attention
>meme design of the title morphing into the author’s name... this design will age like milk - I promise you

Did we finally get this year's meme novel?

Wait isn't reading translations bad?

Can't find it on libgen...

There's an EPUB of this in the Veeky Forums discord

it literally came out yesterday
for the love of god don't let this meme actually get to you
I never would have bothered to learn german or attic greek if I hadn't been intrigued by translations
translations are mostly inferior to the original (a few are actually better) but a translated classic 9 times out of 10 is better than any in your own language

Thanks lad

Care to upload on lib.gen please?

Lame title.

Necessary evil. You can't read in 10 languages.

Is Satantango or War & War a better place to begin? I've seen things about his later works' prose being impossibly dense, which worries me.

Read this one so you can chat about it with your boys the answers obvious

>he can't read in 10 languages

Looks interesting, is there any background theory or phil whose familiarity would enhance it? Good books usually have that opportunity

Satantango, it's his first

Nice this has been on my list for a while