Boston Veeky Forums Meetup Group

We're having a Veeky Forums meetup in Boston. Trident Booksellers & Café on Newbury Street. Friday December 8th at 7 PM.

Email bostonliterature at gmail if you're interested—I'll give you more information.

Gotten a fair amount of interest so far, should be a good turnout. The last one went well.

>Why?

If you've been to university organizations, reading groups, or hung out in a cafe up here, you've noticed the stifling eggshell-walking culture. And also that no one reads Veeky Forums books.

>What?

Something in the vein of Ben Franklin's Junto. Discussion, critique, even a Veeky Forums oriented rag for exercising yr writing/editing/design muscles.

I'm interested but I'm not near Boston can we set up a laptop wherever y'all meet and I can call via skype?

I go to Harvard, are people of my intellectual stature allowed?

>owning a computer
This is the literature board, nicht wahr?

>harvard
>not oxbridge
Idk what's your major? Might be over your head desu senpai

I do too, which House/grade?

Never met anyone else who goes on Veeky Forums out here

Can we do one of these next semester? I'm currently getting assraped with finals/final papers right now, otherwise I'd roll up to this coffee shop with a hollowed out copy of infinite jest that has a copy of milk and honey inside to stunt on all you plebs

literally two steps ahead of you

There are like three Harvard addresses on the email chain pal. Join the club.

Also, what the Ivy League lacks in retards it makes up for with perfectly average soulless dronefolk.

FIRST RULE ABOUT ah whatever

Anyone from BU?

Greater Bostonian here. I'm down, OP. Got nothin better to do

I am going to stretch your boipussies

I'm interested, will send an email shortly.
No, but I live close to BU, so sure, yes.

Wew a disheveled BU 'intellectual'

Will you be able to get to the place okay? Or should we send someone to walk you over?

Might want to get on that...

Can I come even if I’m soy

NO SOYBOYS

Gerke: Any thoughts on Sebald?
Gass: Didn’t read him. I read about 10 pages. That wasn’t just to him. But I could see the rush of this wave of popularity that is almost a death now. So I’m going to have to go back sometime when it’s calmed down and see, because sometimes they’re actually very good. And I’m very arrogant about my judgment. I don’t make mistakes.
Gerke: Is that the case with David Foster Wallace too?
Gass: He had great abilities. And I think he needed to tame them. I think he was so good that he should’ve wanted to be better. And he wrote some things that are going to stay around. And I wish he had stayed around and done that. He had lots of smarts too. He was unlike a lot of writers who are sort of dumb, theoretically speaking. Stanley was street-smart but intellectually? Awful. But he didn’t need to be. Pynchon’s a case. I have tried to read Pynchon with no success so far, but then I can’t read Whitman—I try. So we just have blank spots. We can’t like everything, and I don’t see any rule for it. Why should you love every woman that walks by?

I wish i could go i live in Cali

REEEEEEEEE BU GET OUT

The consensus in Boston is that Harvard children are on the whole rather flat, dull, or spergs. Cambridge is—excuse me—many people are saying—a big fat mess.

hufflepuff, junior

If I go to this, will I regret spending my Friday with a bunch of neckbeards? Any grills on the list?

Yeah, Harvard is where originality goes to die. Some of the grad programs and auxiliary groups are legit though.

/soc/s meetups looked like a collection of spergs and on /k/s nuggetfest someone jizzed in the brownies. Can someone make photos? I want to see how the intellectual elite of 4chin does

Picture people sitting around a table in a loud cafe yelling about Gass. That'll be it.

Don't come then, who cares, desu senpai

The girls do a meetup on a different night and have a separate email chain

I wish I wasn't a poor cold Irishman and left for the shores of America already

No.

W- What's wrong with BU, guys?

This response is a good example. Jklmao Or am I?

May want to get on this email chain m9

BUro reporting in

See:
(????)

There are plenty of retards in the Ivy League my friend

*only

Okay I have a date anyway so that's that. Your response suggests that it's actually not sex-segregated, which is good, nobody around here would bring pissbottles to Trident I hope

idk im bringing my cumbottle

A date. A night a shallow boring conversation. Get that V card punched so you can evolve...

get the sweet potato fries when you're there. the green mustard or whatever it is they come with is topnotch

will do

I'm also embarrassed to run into someone I know in the company of a Veeky Forums guy who calls strangers virgins on the internet, if that makes any sense to you.

The cape codder with snakebite and sweet potato fries is a deliciously expensive meal. Also check out the Roost sometime, they recently updated their menu and their lamb burgers are way better than Joe's. Only problem is the service is slow af.

wish I could, but I haven't been back to boston in a long while. when I stayed there a few years ago with my ex we went to trident every morning for breakfast/lunch and spent way too much on food that was way too good. i'll have to try roost next time i'm in town

I see. In that case you should ditch the Roost and go straight for the best: Caffe Jaffa (old) and Piattini (new).

Are there any brand name schools that have any particularly Veeky Forums communities?

I'm gonna come and take a giant fucking dab in front of you nerds

Some seriously pedestrian recommendations. You all are students?

>if that makes sense
No. But I go to BU....this is about fragile reputations and losing face?

lol

Are you legacy?

>>>/stephanie's/

It should be at Charlie's Kitchen. Fucking Newbury street tryhard numales.

Honestly I love this kind of talk, it's so douchey

What're some good white wines? Where can we go dancing? Have you been to Portugal? Meet me and the boys at the new Lolita's at 10

Last time it was 99% hipster girls with big glasses and tiny tiny moorings

>Cambridge

>not living in Cambridge
Sucks to be you. Oh well, my gf and I are decorating gingerbread houses tonight anyway.

I live in a cabin out in the Berkshires, desu. Have fun decorating, maybe you can make the next one.

You're the one trying to talk shit about Jaffa, homey

Well put.

Can't you fuckers come up with original names.
Fucking New England

Sounds comfy

Doin it best since 1620

*isolating

I'll make sure to bring my copy of Culture of Critique.

You're a faggot and if I ever see you in the Quad I'll crack your skull open.

Okay big shot. Meet me there. 3 PM. I'm 6'1 with short blonde hair. I'll be wearing a Canada Goose jacket.

I guarantee you chicken out.

I'm a girl and I want to go are normal people going to be there?

I've seen you swanning around the place before, I'll be there you great tit. You best be ready to duck.

If that's true, then you know who I am. I look forward to this.

Will there actually be BU idiots there? I can't decide if that makes me want to go more ... or avoid it all together

i don't know if i should take the train up from providence

Don't worry if there's any weirdos I'll protect you

You can get on the email chain and come next time desu senpai

Or come tn there will be hoopla

Tthis is what im afraid of

That other guy isn't me, and I'll fuck him up too. 1v1v1 like a bunch of degenerate niggers in front of Pforzheimer. I'm a 5'2" but 230 lbs of pure muscle, and I'll be dressed w/ a MAGA hat, trenchcoat, and a Nazi armband.

Sounds like you'll be laughed or stomped out of existence as you sashay over. 16 minutes. Be there.

No I was just making bird puns.

...that's why I thought you knew who I was...

Heading over now, fuckface.

I'm in the middle of the field where I'll be screaming incoherent diatribes against Jews. You can't miss me. See you shortly.

Pussies didn't show. I'd see you at the cafè tonight but you're probably juggling on a unicycle for someone's instagram later.

I'll come to the next one and whisk you away to Sonsie

I showed up and caved in the skull of some blond lanklet faggot. Idk if you're just a troll or if I've got the wrong guy, but yeah somebody learned a lesson.

I hope this is true, I really loathed that schmuck. There's an envelope of cash taped under the leftmost urinal at Annenberg.

whisk? i thought no soyboys?

It's unfathomable to me that 1) boring Harvard normies browse this site; and 2) they just had a brawl in front of Pforzheimer.

Exactly why it's a BOSTON meetup. It's a shame the T crosses the river.

There are harvard.edu emails in the chain

And I did see a fist fight on the Quad a little after 3

I dont know whats real anymore

Fuck off BU is the most intellectual school in Boston and you know it.

Yeah, you win.

Sounds like an opportunity for blackmail. I would never give my uni email here. Who would want to deal with a bunch of narcissists who prioritize impressing NEETs over their own security?

i have it on good authority that one of the guys at the last meetup is a total chad

Shit i literally just saw this smdh.... Yall meet up often or was this just a one time thing?

Charlies is fucking trash are you serious?

Good burger tho. Shit crowd and service. like my nigga, i've worked as a waiter all throughout boston/cambridge and that place is legit shit show.

Either going to be biweekly or weekly or monthly, like on the new moon but

Cool lemme shoot you an email then.
Also yall just talk about new books or something or is this just a social get together to make friends?

everyone reads their diaries