*refuses nobel prize*

*refuses nobel prize*

maybe he just couldn't see it.

>refuses nobel prize because official distinctions make writers institutionalized
>becomes even more recognized than those nobel prize winners for refusing it
was he the first existential attention whore?

kek

too bad nietzsche didn't live long enough to see his attention whoring pay off :/

>I am refusing to recognize the academy until the age of consent is universally lowered to 13

What was his fucking problem?

>Gets AIDS from San Fransisco bathhouse

*worship stalin*

*asks them to still send the money*
>implying sartre would accept any aoc

Is Sartre worth reading? I've been kinda avoiding him because of "muh marxism".

As a novelist Nausea is genuinely great but as a philosophy he's shit tier, just a bad copy of Heidegger

La Nausée, Le Sursis, Huis-Clos are all worth reading. As the other user, one shouldn’t approach his work from a philosophical standpoint – consider Sartre a playwright and novelist, a good one at that, and you should enjoy his work. He was a smart man, no doubt. Pretty good prose in french, too, which seems perfectly translatable.

He really liked 17 years old students

I mean who doesn't.

10 out of 10

this but unironically

>According to Lars Gyllensten, in the book Minnen, bara minnen ("Memories, Only Memories") published in 2000, Sartre himself or someone close to him got in touch with the Swedish Academy in 1975 with a request for the prize money, but was refused

If someone wants to understand Sartre's philosophy from the perspective of an attempt to tackle the ontological question or dwell in any other fundamental problem of philosphy then that persons didn't get jack shiut of what he tried to do.

Sartre was quite a pragmatic guy who found in both Heidegger and Husserl a model to approach the problem of the individual and his apparent loneliness. Heidegger provided him with an understanding of the individual from the persepctive of how this "existant" (or Dasein) dealt with the phenomena of existence, and what defined his experience (the so called "temporality"). And yes, Sartre takes a lot from this in order to say something relevant, but that doesn't mean that his analysis wasn't a contribution, specially for the ortodoxy of marxism who were particulary deaf to the individual and their struggle.

>specially for the ortodoxy of marxism

Nice argument.

*have his plays performed during Nazis occupation*

*rapes his students*

Sartre's lazy eye always makes it look like hes rolling his eyes in pictures. Like, no matter what, he's tired of your shit

I think Le Duc Tho declined his Nobel as well. But that wasn't for lit.

Which eye was the lazy one? I can never tell

The right but I sometimes think they're both lazy

Comes with the territory when you're a commie.

I mean, I never had a reason to really look at a picture of Sartre, but still, cannot believe I never noticed how fucked his eyes are.

Reminder he was literally 5'ZERO as well, and he still fucked more underage girls than anyone of us could dream of

he was so short as to become a novelty toy. us in the 5'3" - 5'7" range have it the worst: too short to be taken seriously, too tall to be fetishized.

>donates your Nobel to a Nazi
pssh, nothing personal committee

>Knut Hansum
>Actually is hansum

Who the fuck doesn't? Dude, I'd fuck a 13 year old if she was developed and I knew I could get away with it.

Same desu

Marxism is correct though...

no

*pounds that ass*

Will you really avoid anything related to one of the most influential ideas from the 20th century only because some people have give it a bad rep? What a cuck. That's like not reading the bible because "m-muh atheism".

Are L'âge de raison and La mort dans l'Âme any good, my man?

Real communism hasn't been tried yet.

"ass"

>being a cuck
Why do we take Sartre seriously again?

It's not cucking if it is mutual.