Most Read?

What's your most read book, Veeky Forums? Be honest, for once. Don't give me the right answer, give me the truth. I'll start. No shame, boys. ASoIaF

Ferdinand Celine - A voyage to the end of the night

Read four times

The Fall, three or four times at this point. I have a soft spot for Camus

Moby-Dick and notes from the underground, both read 4 times. I've read individual chapters of Moby-Dick dozens of times though.

I've probably spent more time reading Harold Bloom's best poems of the English language though, if that counts.

>reading the same book more than once

>reading any book only once
spot the pleb

Probably A Christmas Carol, but I've read V. four times.

If on a winter's night a traveler

no competition

jurassic park

i've probably read it over 40 times. in high school i read it so much i was able to burn through the whole thing in about 2 hours.

I read to kill a mockingbird 4-5 times between sophomore year of high school and freshman year of college.

I have read the first 3rd of Moby-Dick at least 3 times, first 15 chapters probably another 3 or 4 times... but every time I take a break from it I start over again because it’s so good and I don’t know if I ever really want to finish it.

Demian by Hesse.
There's something about the chapter with the painting that makes me want to return to it frequently.

saul bellow - augie march

I have never read a book more than one time

nice. does it get better? feel like some of the comedy would lose its edge

moby dick. 5 times

Faust
Inferno is prolly 2nd

That's a sweet entry, user. Thanks.

Chapters of Moby Dick like the other user. Also chapters from Dante

Antifragile - Taleb. No joke, on my fourth read now. Gets me jacked everytime and wanna place long out-of-the-money puts on tech stocks.

I only read books once. I know, I know, I should probably be reading them multiple times to get a better understanding but there's so much shit to read that I find it difficult to re-read stuff. How do you guys approach it? Do you re-read it right away or give it a couple months/years?

Like, single book or a whole series?

Because I've read the entirety of The Wheel of Time close to four times by now. I say "close to" because the earliest repeat reads were when there were still only 11 books in publication.

>reading cot 4 times
I'm so, so sorry

prob fight club or The Gunslinger

The Assassin's Apprentice trilogy by Hobb. Either that or Blood Meridian by McCarthy.

Taleb is underappreciated on Veeky Forums

Yes, he's kind of overly-contrarian like Nietzsche, but he has good ideas.

i read catcher once in high school and then again 2 months ago

It's always funny to me how faggot english majors will parrot that fucking hack Vonnegut's cat cradle, paraphrasing here, bird gotta sing, man gotta ask why why why or sumshit. Taleb may go overboard with his criticisms or certian social sciences yet it's freeing to realize chaos/randomness hasn't been tamed and publich or perish academicians need to actually burn, im willing to go witch hunting.

plato, republic

forgot my Veeky Forums/lit/izen pic

Where do I start with this guy?

Read half of antifragile

That should be enough

Found the pseuds

Ender's Game, probably over a dozen from elementary school to now, half of my copy isnt even bound any more

An old book called The Little Bulldozer Who Could. It's about a bulldozer who was constantly being outdone by his larger peers, making it (we're never afforded a gender pronoun for our little protagonist) incredibly despondent.

I can't remember how it ends.

House of leaves.

Love that shit

Tom Sawyer
about 3 times.

Neuromancer

I'm going through it now and so far it's Pseud: The Book.
>muh brooklyn english

Exupery’s Little Prince. I really wanted to understand it when I was 12, so I read it five times. Today it’s eight.

Read on the road quite a bit, try to read it at least maybe once a year.

the sapphire rose (third elenium book) by Eddings
sad i know, but its a comfort read, not taxing or depressing

Stefan Zweig's short story Chess

Catcher in the Rye, over 15 times so far. Kerouac's On The Road is like 5-6 times.

Was this ever translated? Also Animal Farm around 5 or so times

twitter posts--> black swan --> antifragile --> fooled by randomness. Then bed of procrustees if you're into that sort of thing.