Has he ever read a book or news/magazine article that isn't directly about him?

Has he ever read a book or news/magazine article that isn't directly about him?

I know that he sends columnists who praise him thank you notes, so certainly he has the ability to read, but I just cant imagine him reading a book

probably not on camera because he has a character to play you know

I think he may be the first president who, when asked if he knows who Thomas Paine or Aaron Burr are, would just give a blank stare.

>Falling for Daily Show tier memes this FUCKING hard
Yes, the President of the United States has read books, you dunderhead.

Like what?

>Tony Schwartz, who ghostwrote Trump's 1987 businessmemoirThe Art of the Deal,said he never spotted a book in the billionaire's home or office during the year and a halfhe was shadowing him.

>"I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read a book straight through in his adult life," SchwartztoldTheNew Yorker.

>Trump himself seemed to confirm this in an interview with Megyn Kelly. Afterhe revealedhis favorite book wasAll Quiet on the Western Front, Trump admitted he only read "passages," "areas" and "chapters" of books because he didn't have time.

>All Quiet on the Western Front
I also enjoyed this in highschool

The Bible

Big if true

Does he also record advertisements in his garage in front of two Lamborghinis?

According to his staff and the ghost writer of Art of the Deal, he's got a relatively short attention span but consumes a ton of media
Not really a great personality type for lengthy novels

in Charlie Rose's interview of Bannon, Steve says that Trump deeply studies Jung. Not even memeing

Didn't he watch Hamilton on Broadway?

Bannon could always be bullshitting. It's not exactly unprecedented.

Yeah bullshit. Trump is an expert manipulator (of susceptible folk) I'll give him that but this is Bannon trying to feed the 4D chess meme.

he was mentioned once in american psycho so he probably read that

What's funny is that if you read the book I think you can make the case that Trump is the sort of person that Bateman tries to be, but fails at being.

Is Trump really an expert manipulator? I feel like his success was dependent on the people themselves willingly deceiving themselves into believing in him. He came around at the right time when enough people were desperate.

Look into Trump's face. Any speech. Any public appearance. The limited range of facial expressions. The jerky gesturing. The inability to communicate a series of thoughts in any clear order when not reading off a teleprompter. This is not a man who reads or who can read. Real reading requires sustained meditative focus. He's a black hole. A brand with no internal life. Doesn't mean the guy doesn't have PR intuition, but reading a book? Seriously?

I guess not, because its easy to see through and debunk everything he lies about, but he has a hypermasculine quality of waving away any criticism and shouting falsehoods until theyre true and emasculatig his opponents (he is definitely an expert bully) that a lot of Americans think define a strong leader. Hopefully thousands of Koreans dont have to die because of it

Trump's response to criticism and (moreso) mockery don't strike me as "hypermasculine". Not to say he is effeminate, but his behaviour seems a result of transparent vulnerability, insecurity, acting on impulse in response to negative emotional stimulus. His behaviour in the Republican primary debates was more confident.

he has a lizard brain that is purely reactionary, but highly successful. He's not actually a lizard, of course.

You're right that the public was vulnerable to manipulation and desperate, unwavering faith in a strongman, but to do this better and more successfully than the myriad of seasoned political operatives and opposition candidates requires nothing short of genius. Plus, Trump didn't "just happen" to run in 2016, he had a good sense of the country's pulse and knew it was his time.

While I'd agree Trump doesn't have a fine reflective or meditative mind, especially compared to many of his predecessors who thought like writers, he has a superbly gifted sense of intuition that reaches beyond just public relations and media manipulation. And as much as I love the more scholarly, contemplative, and intellectually deep Presidents/leaders, history shows these traits do not always result in success.

>requires nothing short of genius
Don't give him too much credit. He's smart like a con-man, aware of when to pounce

No he got mad at Hamilton cast for (justifiably) calling out Mike Pence when he attended a show

>(justifiably)
lol

>He's not actually a lizard, of course.
source?

>defending the cast of Hamilton.
>defending a “calling out” of the Vice President by some butthurt niggers.

In other news I’ve cancelled every magazine subscription I have because they’re all nothing but anti-Trump articles now. It’s pretty flabbergasting that a man who just wanted to be in office to help fix things (it’s not like he needed the money or power) gets nothing but constant hate.

Wow, what a courageous American YOU are! I didn't know that Donald Trump wants to help the country! Well, that just excuses everything then. After all, the only reason anyone disagrees or attacks people in politics isn't because they disagree with their ideas and actions, but because they doubt their patriotic intentions! WOW! ZING! KABLOOIE!!! Did you hear that? That's you blowing my mind with your wit, user!

Yes, the president of the USA, a college educated man, has read books. Bernie, Hillary, and Obama have not, though.
Reported
Saged

>"justifiably"
Yeah, because randomly singling out and lecturing celebrities and their families in the crowd for no reason other than virtue signalling isn't pointless and trashy at all.

Why are you posting this here? do you think Veeky Forums would especially know the answer to this question?

>Vice President of the most powerful sovereign nation on the planet
>A celebrity

ce·leb·ri·ty ~ IPA:/səˈlebrədē/
noun.
a famous person.

The Vice President is a Celebrity.

Nice dictionary defense. Your use of the word celebrity is clearly attempting to imply that, in some way, the Vice President should be immune from affronting criticism. After all, he's only a ~celebrity~ right guys? Why can't we stop invading on their right to privacy??

No. He is an elected public official. His running mate campaigned by discussing banning certain religions from entering the country. You don't get to use that sort of rhetoric and be such a divisive, terrible public figure and then claim some right to innocence and immunity from confrontation in all public venues. The deep irony of it is that he was attending Hamilton, a SJW play.

He is not a man who wanted to fix things, he's never given a fuck about another person in his life. The entire election was, and his entire presidency is, him stroking his own ego and trying to make liberals mad.