So user, what book are YOU reading??

You know nothing you ear loving cunts

Your face tomorrow. "Girls" wouldn't understand

Nothing.

Busy writing my own shit, 4000 words a day goalposts are fucking irritating to get to sometimes.

Kant's Critique of Judgment
Schiller's completed aesthetics works.
Odysseus

pretty classical week i'm having. Once i'm finished with that assignment I'm on Mutarama, Luman and oldschool bulgarian lit.

The new version rewrited from the feminist of the Odyssea
*procede to get blowjobs from everyone*

Behead all Satans

jane eyre. i didn't read it in high school because i was lazy then and convinced i had a future in competitive counter strike.

>Odysseus

xD

oh man I'm so deep in slavic pronunciations that I didn't even noticed this.

Herodotus.

>Wants to be a writer
>Doesn't read

Faust

Logo?

Dubliners.

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration

>Reading book at lunch break at work
>Secretary asks what I'm reading
>It's Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer
>I explain
>She gets really interested and I loan her my copy to read
>She enjoys it, asks me for more suggestions

First she takes my suggestions. Next, she'll take my dick.

please don't bully

Modern Prometheus.

The Master and Margarita and a novel in my native language that my girlfriend liked and wanted me to read

It is so far okay. Not something I would particularly recommend, but if you're interested in the topic then go ahead with this book.

That image triggers me.

Makes me feel uncomfortable.

>tfw I have always kept it a secret that I read books like this one. A Short History of Nearly Everything, The Greatest Show on Earth, those 'big history' lecture series, histories of philosophy.

I just don't want people to think that I got my knowledge from a general overview book instead of from primary sources.

This is what this shit, toxic board has done to you. You feel the need to hide that you're actually trying to teach yourself lest you be labelled a fedora guy or some other meme. Because, apparently, if you read books about science you collect katanas and watch anime.

honestly, look up Peter Watson's "Ideas." it's a masterclass in balancing breadth and depth, plus the author has a wry, oxbridge sense of humor.

The Unabomber manifesto
The Martian
How to lie with statistics
Fishing hamlet to red planet - history of Indian space program

>Crime and Punishment
>Storm of Steel by Jünger
> Democracy : the god that failed by HH Hoppe

I am pretty busy right now with books

Me too. “The Dead” is the perfect read for a snowy day.

No it's not really about that, although I understand that feel as well.

Let me explain it like this: before Veeky Forums I would have a lot of respect for people trying to teach themselves stuff, and saw it as a huge step up from John Green/ 50 shades of shit. Now I'm holding myself to Veeky Forums standards, and feel like a huge pleb when listening to Mike Duncan's History of Rome podcast, while I should be reading Tacitus' Annals instead. Lit is so judgmental that now I even feel bad when reading Fagles' Iliad for example, even though 95% of people don't even get so far as to actually ever open a copy of a classic.

go get 'em, user