Reading chairs

thinking of asking for a chair to read in for christmas. anyone have any comfy/aesthetic chairs to recommend?

Everyone just gets Poangs.

I read in a big bed with my wife.

>wants chair for christmas
>posts $4,500 chair

get a nice wood spindle kitchen chair, or a leather wing chair. maximum comf.

is this comfy?

That one looks kinda shitty but my cousin has these huge beanbags made by Chill Sack that are really awesome. I'm not trying to spend hundreds of dollars on a beanbag but if I were I'd try to find a knockoff version of that.

>nobody has recommended the Emeco 1006

Just keep going to your local thrift store until you see an old wing chair. No matter what it looks like. Use it as an accent piece. Those chairs are the best for reading.

I have one similiar to this I picked up for £100 min charity shop
its great I sleep in it aswell
and meditate
aswell as read

and there is even a picutres this time
I am sat pc on footstall now

I am too tard to post a pic

lel

Anyone here actually own one of these?

Unironically I use a beach chair (similar to pic), it only was around 30$ and it's extremely comfy. I keep it near my bed so I can stretch my legs on it.

You just might as well sit on the floor.

This would be awesome to leave outside during the winter and sit on naked for your hemorrhoids

>folding chable

i do

>only was around 30$

why is furniture so fucking expensive? i don't want to spend money on a fucking table that will break in a couple of years

How much did you pay and is it worth it?

quality materials are expensive. labor is expensive.

:( i guess i should get a fucking house at some point, but feels bad paying for furniture for some flat that's someone else's

Beanbag chair is pretty comf but it's slowly killing my spine.

tables last generations right

yeah furniture is horrible to shop for if you're not filthy rich but how the fuck are you breaking a table within years

I bought materials to make myself a bookshelf. Pine and douglas fir, with steel bolts instead of dowel pins. Total: $150, not counting tools or stain. Labor would more than double that. A sturdy custom table could easily cost $500 if someone built it for you. A table that's actually nice to look at because its made from redwood or whatever? Quadruple the price, at least.

Ekornes Stressless chairs are great - much more comfortable than Eames loungers if you're any taller than 5'8 (the Eames lacks any head support for even halfway tall people). New ones are expensive (a few grand), but you can find used ones occasionally online or on craigslist; I got mine (pic related) 3 years ago or so for $300.

Other than that, the Poang that suggests is actually quite good for being so inexpensive, though it is so ubiquitous that there's not much more to say about it.

I suppose Ikea's Strandmon wingback chair is also pretty comfortable and relatively inexpensive, and depending on your room it can look pretty good as well.

While furniture that is inexpensive will often break after a couple years' use, well-made (i.e. probably more expensive) furniture won't break in a couple of years but should last a couple decades at least. Not all inexpensive furniture is crap that will fall apart, but a higher proportion of it is than more expensive furniture.

>That safari hat
>That bust

I like your room user. Hide the scotch from the UV rays, though.

so comfy

If you are not poor, unironically get this chair

that chair looks dope

Where'd you get that bust?
What material is it?

looks uncomfortable, like you would fall into it and be unable to escape anymore, so a fine chair if you want to die there but not if you have stuff to do somewhere else later

Thanks anons. It's a pretty comfy setup. FWIW, the booze on the top shelf of that lamp is actually pretty bottom-shelf to mid-tier stuff. Good booze is in another room altogether.

I believe it's plaster; I got it from some mail order catalog years and years ago. Supposedly it's of a young Cicero, but it doesn't look much like him to me; that's what I get for ordering something sight-unseen.

how long did you look on craigslist

A month or two; they pop up with decent regularity where I live. I was using a poang previously.

john lewis "zest" chair.
I got it barely used for 50 quid from ebay

Just go to a store or showroom and feel for yourself. It is very comfy and looks patrician with anything

Give it a proper cleaning mate

yo post your library collection again.

that some good stuff

It's cold and hurty

I think I remember seeing pics of your reading room here years ago. Always loved the low bookcases below the windows.

All y'all are retarded, sofas are the way to go. Max comfort with almost limitless potential for positioning.

pleb

My dad has that exact set up. Very comfy user

fpbp

Move aside plebs.

>the fact you think you are funny
>kill
>yourself

Fuck you, I do at least 60% of my reading on the can.

>implying toilets aren't comfy

He was funny. The fuck is wrong with you?

I got a chair pretty much like this a couple weeks ago because my tailbone was fucking killing me

I just spin it parallel to my desk and recline when I want to read, it's decent

you gotta admit, that was pretty funny

>implying i wouldn't lose my feet

office chairs are the fucking WORST

desu all chairs in this thread look like hell to sit, at least some of them look aesthetic but that's not the point

kek

My gf has a knock off Eames Chair as seen in OP's pic. They are about $2000. Pretty comfy.

>the fact you think you can greentext

I got this off Amazon for £150. It's nice but since I basically do cube dwelling I just read in bed.

My grand father has a pair of them.

thanks for the kek user

c o m f y

la-z-boy

>he doesn't just read on an air mattress

>tfw I have severe scoliosis
>tfw no chair, couch, sofa, bean bag or bed is every comfy for me
>tfw doomed to perpetual uncomfiness
please tell me someone else knows these feels.

Get a breastfeeding chair. When I moved out of home, my mother gave me her breastfeeding chair. They make them the comfiest a chair can possibly be. Think about it. A mother who has to get up multiple times in a night to have an infant bite on her tiddy is going to be one moody cunt. So, they make them the comfiest possible chair they can.

If you're anything like the average Veeky Forums user I recommend this one

my belly won't fit there

do you live in kosovo

Nope, don't have one but I know it, the chair is really awesome, comfy af and the quality of the leather is great

What else?

Dublin.

this ikea monster is gold and cheap

are these actually good for reading in?

pls respond

Do YOU read in a big race car? I don’t think so

That looks like a really nice reading chair I want one

I've never used the rocking chair poangs, but the normal poang with footstool is likely better than anything else you'll find under $300 comfort-and-back-support-wise for long-term reading sessions. In the $300 to $1000 range you can find chairs that are roughly as comfortable and supportive, but that look better (though of course de gustibus non est disputandum). Above $1000, you should be able to find better chairs (both in aesthetics and in comfort/support) without too much difficulty.

All this is assuming you're buying new, and not used (if you are buying used, this user has the right idea).

This room looks most comfy. Mirin' hard