What's the most paranoid piece of literature you've ever read?

What's the most paranoid piece of literature you've ever read?

Other urls found in this thread:

cafebabel.co.uk/society/article/in-the-bowels-of-europes-conscience.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Grendel, if there's something worse, I don;t want to read it.

Your post OP

the bible
there is a guy who is watching 24/7

Honestly, my diary.

Theres a guy who camps outside the European court of Human rights in strausbourg, stands in front of the building every day in protest handing out leaflets about his case. The more you read it the crazier it got, he believes the government have been experimenting on him since he was a child, tortured him, slit his throat, based Hollywood movies on his life

cafebabel.co.uk/society/article/in-the-bowels-of-europes-conscience.html

Here he is, he submitted a 280 page application to the court, in response they mandated all applications have to be under 20 pages, he says he could have written a 1000 but wanted to keep it brief

you are dumb

Honestly, Gravity's Rainbow because its paranoia regards a system that includes systems which manipulate and oppress even those who believe they know to what end they manipulate and for what force they oppress others in the name of. The system in that book transcends the material world and acknowledges a system which we desperately want to control but will never be able to.

Yeah the Pynch has mastered paranoia... especially in Lot 49 where the band(The Paranoids) was a bunch of hippy potheads

Hell Lot 49 itself is a just a massive conspiratorial mess

Another author is Phillip K Dick: any of the works will do, yet A Scanner Darkly and VALIS stand out to me as crowning achievements of Dickian paranoia

kek

Nick Land's Fanged Noumena

Krasznahorkai's work is paranoid

A Scanner Darkly

GR

You know, I really love these people and sympathize with them and truly wish that they find peace and happiness, but they must be absolute hell to live with.

Knut Hamsun's Hunger has a pretty paranoid, claustrophobic atmosphere.
This man looks so intensely French.

Traveller by John 12 Hawkes

this
and then there is the jewish sky monster

the bell jar

You, Too, Are Guilty and The Ruined Map by Kobo Abe.

Ubik makes you second-guess everything relentlessly. It's the prose equivalent of drinking too much coffee in a heavily lit room.

This. There's also the nuclear paranoia theme, which is the part millennials don't get.

Cosmos by Witold Gombrowicz

House of Leaves

the worst part is it's all true

the song "Somebody Told Me"

It's probably just too subtle

Good Old Neon by DFW

Came here to post this. A portion of the dialogue is literally 'what do they know?' It works very well, but I like that it drops the noided feel and ends implying that Arctor is gonna wake up.

Hunger by Knut Hamsun

The Bible. It was a book about an irascible and mercurial supreme deity tormenting people in various ways, eventually passive aggressively offering up the simulacra of a human sacrifice that was himself in human form (whom he immediately resurrected anyway making it a hollow gesture) and then throwing 90% of humanity into a place of eternal torment most of which were unaware this sacrifice had even happened. Truly 10/10 cosmic horror.

GR.

They are watching this thread.

Lol he has a funny hat and is wrong

fuck that was such a good book. The paranoia and madness of a starving artist just bumming around his city. It was so visceral. The part where he was just sitting on a park bench staring at his shoes really stuck with me for some reason

Libra by Don DeLillo

The trouble with being born by Cioran was pretty uncomfy to read. Some senteces were like shots to my soul.

actually I found it relieving like it totally emancipated my superfluous nature.

I suppose some day you have to overcome that void and continue life despite that heartbreaking statements.

>which is the part millennials don't get
Oh, we're beginning to.

only single 12pm wine drinking soccer moms believe anything n.korea related