Is there anything edgier than Warhammer 40k ?

Other urls found in this thread:

exodusamericanus.com/political-science-theater
alternative-right.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/into-grim-darkness.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This post

your diary desu

my poetry

Hell no!!

Don't you fucking slander Warhammer on MY board, bozo!

My Twisted World

Eh, Warhammer isn't really edgy in that the over the top 80's metal album cover style that permeates the setting is done without angst.

Not really. It's more of an absurd satire that ended taking itself too seriously.
It's like the Insane Clown Posse of sci-fi and fantasy. I mean, one of the Primarchs is named Ferrus Manus, Leader of the Iron Hands-he also has iron hands.
If you look at how Orks talk and what they say, they are really just a jab at European (especially British) soccer hooligan culture.

Warhammer loves to turn things up to eleven, but along the way, somebody fucked up and it all went to hell. Sort of like this website.

>If you look at how Orks talk and what they say, they are really just a jab at European (especially British) soccer hooligan culture.

my sides

This shit is to blame for about 2/3 of all "fascists" etc. The autistic tabletop to internet racist pipeline is real

Cthulhu garbaggio

I don't come to Veeky Forums very often, but you guys always disappoint me every time I do.

If you wanna feel even more disappointed just look at yourself in the mirror you whiny fuck

warhammer is a manchild fantasy like capeshit

Don't know what this is but there's an alt right podcast on it, I believe.

exodusamericanus.com/political-science-theater

Its the ssfg posters, but even then relative to the other boards Veeky Forums does well, especially compared to Veeky Forums, which is so similar in subject but so much worse

Why on earth right wingers would like warhammer is beyond my compherension. I think they like the "cool" aspect of the setting. With Gothic art, slick armor, intensive battles, interesting mythology etc than the actual imperium itself.

Yeah I'm sure they like to say for da emprah to themselves but If anything 40k is a criticism of authoratarianism, of dictatorships, of blind faith (if not religion per se) its literally telling a history of a society on its path to liberalism and secularism fucking everything up and going on the pathway of decline and fall, every increasingly becoming dictatorial and religious on the way.

It's like stalinists liking animal farm, I don't get it. Starship troopers is a much better work when it comes to praising right wing goverment.

Are any of the 40k novels worth a read?

>40k is a criticism of authoratarianism, of dictatorships, of blind faith
And? I know why you associate those and surely many other ebil bad things with the right, but do you?

the guy getting iron hands happened first, then he was named after that, then the legion was named after him. so it wasn't some meme coincidence.

lmao that is if you believe it's a bad thing. Let's say a left wing cuck writes a novel that describes the traditional life from a village but with the intetion that it's oppressive, that it's bad to have children or gender roles and that anal sex in the streets is slightly better ( "subtly"implied ) .
Warhammer 40k is loved bcs by right wingers bcs that is literally what they want : clear hierarchy, no moral degeneracy etc. IDK much about the small details but I myself like the Imperium and it's not like Stalinists loving animal farm because that is the dystopian result of utopian dumb beliefs.
Right wingers that love 40k don't try to hush around with stuff like "that's not what we mean, etc. " OFC 40k is a bit exaggerated but how can you not love it as a right winger < 3

True, but I highly doubt the character was designed without a sense of farcical attitude.

I think I didnt expressed myself clearly, what I believe about those things are irrelevant. 40k itself shows those things as bad, as when Empire was less authoratarian, more liberal and less religious it was better and it went to shit partially because it became autohratarian etc and it became authoratarian etc partially because it went to shit

40k is not a good medium which portrays right wing ideologies in a positive way. Again take a look into starship troopers (not the film but the book)

40ks premise is a decaying empire, deep into shit, which passed its glorious days (When it was far less "right wing" even if not a bleeding liberal utopia) But maybe right wingers see the shiny armors, mass armies and shouting HERESY without contrasting what emperor envisioned for mankind in first place

Underrated

How well did it go when Horus rebelled against that dictatorship, hm? You can read the 40k lore in many ways, each side think they're right and you can argue that whatever faction you're playing is the sensible one.

People can also enjoy things that don't just praise their ideology. One of Hitler's favorite movies was Bambi, for instance. You'll understand this when you graduate from High School.

The Imperium was always authoritarian. Psyker were forbidden by the Council of Nikea and Magnus was told to just stop using his powers without being given a reason, while the Emperor kept using his exact same powers because he's in charge. The Imperium trying to suppress religions instead of utilizing them was one of the reasons why the Word Bearers rebelled; people want to worship something.

The Crusade was based on the idea of human superiority and manifest destiny and was extremely xenophobic and brutal against anyone who opposed it.

The whole setting revolves around the Emperor being an awful father and his sons having major daddy issues

>How well did it go when Horus rebelled against that dictatorship, hm? You can read the 40k lore in many ways, each side think they're right and you can argue that whatever faction you're playing is the sensible one.
Of course I think they need to read more right wing works, 40k is doing a shit job in praising them. Pre Horus heresy empire was far less religious and far less authoratarian and it was far more better than the decaying corrupt empire of 40k. The religion for example is not portrayed as that much of a good thing, but something which emperor fought against it and became popular due to the decline. The autoratarian goverment is criticized heaivly, with kafkaesque administration, useless or sometimes harmfull burocracy etc

>People can also enjoy things that don't just praise their ideology. One of Hitler's favorite movies was Bambi, for instance. You'll understand this when you graduate from High School.
You are implying too much, I do enjoy right wing works, what I'm saying is, if you are a rightwinger who wants to read right wing ideology praising, you can do much better than 40k, again check heinleins works (which I enjoy)

not as autohratarian or not as as religious as it was in 40k.
And I don't think 40ks idea is "we fall due to liberalism (to an extent, i know its not bleeding heart liberalism) and secularism and only religion and autohratarianism saved us

it is "we are getting shittier and shitter as we tie more and more into authoratarianism and religion"

I think if you want some work that praise religion, human superiority, the need for authoratarian goverment etc you can do much better than 40k. At best it cites its downfalls alongside its positives at worst it basically attacks how the humanities regressed and in turn became more autohratarian/religious.

although you can argue that 40ks main idea is that there wont be any utopia and humanity will slowly but surely destroy itself. and thats a valid point.

Really? Interesting. Any links or info you could drop exploring that for someone who absolutely detests video games?

I think its disingenuous to pretend the empire of old and the one after the death of the emperor existed under the same circumstances. A big portion of the transfornations that took place where either as consecuence or as adaptations to humanity's standing in the 40k universe.

Like, good luck keeping a non religious empire when a colonies millions of light years from earth gets saved once every 2 thousand years by demigods who descend from the heavens. If tau could barely belive what they were seeing when the space marines did they whole orbital landing, what hope did your average colonist had to remain secular.

The guy who runs the site calls himself Roscoe "Snakebite" Jones. These guys parody themselves.

I'm not disagreeing with you but as I said, I don't think 40k has the idea of "only authoratarianism and religion can save us from utmost destruction"
there are far better works which advocate for those ideas, I think 40k projects every ideology, in a quite critical way.

I wouldn't for example would say it portrays secularism positively either, as you said it shows the consequences the human nature for worship etc aspect of it.
Same with right wing concepts, it looks at them in a quite skeptical way Just as a secularist can find better material than 40k to advocate his ideology so too can the religious.

I don't know, at the end of the day 40k is just a golden goose for GW maybe we are associating too much meaning to it, I do believe that there are better works for advocating certain right wing ideologeis though, and thats my main point.

blech have to go back to work.

Roscoe is the man.

Is his nickname ironic? If not, you gotta admit that's pretty stereo-typically edgy.

I have no idea, he's just a funny dude. I've never heard this show though, just the main one he does.

How is 40k Edgy?
I mean there's shit like the Night Lords, and the Daemoncabala but it work within the setting
Stuff like Goblin Slayer is edgy

You could find a lot of stuff from the alt right that is favourable. I remember reading this when it first came out alternative-right.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/into-grim-darkness.html

The rank and file of the alt right are not necessarily /v/irgins but sci-fi and video games are massively popular with that demographic of 15 to 25 year olds. I suppose most of them grew up with the rise of PC gaming and Steam. As for Warhammer specifically its just the nerdy kind of thing from their childhood that is approachable and comparable to their politics. Its all really cornball shit. But the Trump as "god emperor" meme was 40k. The allusions to fascism in 40k are appealing to them too. The powerful warrior cleansing filth and heresy is a good self insert.

I'm by no a means a leftist of any sort myself for the record. I've just become so jaded by a decade of this shit and disillusioned with the genetic cul-de-sacs who propagate it that I made a clean break with it mostly. In the alt right you find people who never really left their childhood and so 40k is just a common touchstone that has themes and imagery that appeals to them.

His Dark Materials.
>There was only one enemy remaining; two if you counted God.

now this is some fine edge

I think the symbology is well done. I like the lore. What I especially like is how human fears and flaws are incorporated. With the Chaos Gods for example.
I think you need to approach it as satire - though - the idea that there will always be struggle is a biological reality to me - just as there will always be cooperation.
>It's more of an absurd satire that ended taking itself too seriously.
I agree with this.
But it can be people too who interpret satire seriously. Maybe more so. That's what happened with Fight Club.

Look there's consensus that genes and the environment interact. It is more likely that people predisposed towards (a bit) fascism or due to circumstances+genes are attracted to the fascist themes of Warhammer 40k and thus like it.

Why did Solomon not realise Lucius killed 30 or so loyalists before his own eyes?
How did Lucius kill 30 loyalists?