How would you define a perfect crime

How would you define a perfect crime

>A crime that is never solved

>A crime where the wrong person is incarcerated (and preferably executed)

>A crime that is never discovered

a crime where the victim of your crime ends up getting arrested for what you did

A crime that is never discovered, as a crime that is never solved still has the potential of someone, possibly the perpetrator themself, being incarcerated, and a crime that has the wrong man executed has the possibility of the criminal still being found, where as one cannot charge a man with a crime that is not discovered.

>he doesn’t want his crimes to be known

>a crime that is never solved still has the potential of someone, possibly the perpetrator themself, being incarcerated
you ever heard of a uh, statute of limitations? at some point, all that's left to bear are reputation 'costs' (which you could probably leverage to become a public figure)

the 'perfect crime' is any crime you profit off of (considering all relevant costs)

pfft

low tier

how about a crime where its obvious you committed it, everyone knows you did it, you write a book about how you did it and it sells millions of copies, and the family of the victim gets so buttmad they try to sue you into oblivion, but you're still a badass? AND you get arrested for robbery later on, BUT YOU STILL GET PAROLED?

The perfect crime is the crime that only the criminal knows he committed--a scheme so great, that even detective sees it as civilian and legal.

Ever heard of, uh, crimes that don't have statutes of limitation, like murder?

thats why you go to trial and sabotage the evidence so that you are cleared.

I define the perfect crime as an act where the perpetrator accomplished all his goals. Most perps don't want to get caught, and if they don't, mission accomplished

Or, if it were never discovered to begin with, you would never need to go to trial

no, you want the protection of double jeopardy. that way, you can never, EVER, be found guilty for committing murder. come on, i was talking about The Juice, who got away, as a black man, with killing two whites. we literally all know he did it, but he's walking around free right now chilling in vegas. it's almost beautiful what he did. leave it to the blacks to make art out of crime

What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.

The premise is, that the crime will never be discovered. In this case there is no need to rely on double jeopardy.

If the crime could be discovered, it would still be risky to bank on double jeopardy unless you're a high level professional criminal with a capacity to successfully bribe jurors

A crime that results in legal amnesty for the criminal, no victims who might exact vigilante justice, no guilty conscience for the perpetrator, and no afterlife judgement.

Name 3 crimes that would count

The perfect crime is a revolution, because revolution is one undertaking where all crimes have the potential to take place, and often do, in broad daylight or at night soon to be discovered in the light of a new day where the sun shines on a world where the perpetrators and witnesses of the old world of criminality stand at the top of the scales of justice and say: all I did and all that was before wrong is now just, and if you disagree know that the jury of my peers are all my co-conspirators and the judge is the mastermind of the heist.
A revolution is the only crime which is so criminal as to change the definition entirely.

Preferably I'd like to do something that made people so buttmad they killed me, but as a result the definition of what we consider "good" changed into what I decided was good.

The perfect crime would be exploiting the circumstances and manipulating a person into thinking they commit a crime, make them believe they are entirely responsible, get yourself arrested for the purpose of emotionally manipulating them further via guilt and then make them confess the crime on their own volition.

being lauded for the crime

A crime where you get ''caught'' but are found innocent and case law makes what you did no longer a crime.

>The perfect alibi

A crime that is never discovered is perfect in a practical sense, but a crime that is discovered and never solved is perfect in an aesthetic sense.

A crime that even the perpetrator doesn’t know about.

Crime and punishment
>the murderer doesn´t know
>wrong person
>never discovered

Patreon charging its users instead of its creators

>>>reddit

Those who were successful in revolution are not seen as criminals.
The winners dictate the way history is written.