Now that math, logic, and philosophy are all super specialized...

Now that math, logic, and philosophy are all super specialized, what area do you think Wittgenstein would find himself in today? Pure logician? Analytic philosopher of language? Poet?

None of them. He would commit suicide.

I must be the modern day Wittgenstein

hed be a hobo

He would probably find himself in a field of of empty liquor bottles, lucky to make it into his 20s

He'd probably be NRx.

I'm sympathetic to your cause, friend, but stop projecting

this

The area of faggots.

His movement towards anti-essentialism and anti-foundationalism can only mean one thing: Buddhism.

>2017, Cambridge, England
>Schlomo Al-Said Professor of the Humanities Bertrand Russell has just finished writing his TED talk where he will condemn the rise of Trump, his possession of the nuclear codes, Brexit, the UK's refusal to take more refugees
>a knock at Russell's door
>He opens it and a disheveled man comes in
>He introduces him as Ludwig Wittgenstein and asks whether Russell has received his emails
>Russell says he saw the first email and noticed he had received hundreds more in the past month, each at least a thousand words, but he had set up his spam filter to detect Wittgenstein's emails after the first paragraph mentioned how he was furious at the lack of interest in his independent research from Reddit
>Russell says he is busy and thankfully he doesn't have to call security.
>Wittgenstein gets banned from Reddit for calling someone a nincompoop, discovers Veeky Forums, drops out of his University of Manchester engineering degree, then leaves the UK to become a NEET in Austria

He'd be an anti-mainstream linguist or cognitive scientist. He'd be a major thorn in Chomsky's side, and have plenty of criticisms to level at generative grammar and all other mentalistic approaches to language. He'd probably be in Jerrold Katz's work and think Jackendoff and Fodor are stupid niggers.

Underrated

Where should i start with this nibba?
Mathematician if it matters. Novice in philosophy.

he'd be a mystic and found a cult

Read his main works in chronological order. The Tractatus reads somewhat like a very long mathematical proof which is very hard for people not accustomed to that but considering your education you have probably slogged through countless texts that are even worse to read.

After that read the PI and get your fucking mind blown. Imo it is best read as a collection of short essays which are each made up of several aphorisms.

He’d be internet friends with Nick Land.

hed be procrastinating the writing of the philosophical investigations posting in this thread.

he'd be saying the same stuff. no one really ever got Wittgenstein.

How do you know? Are you the only one who got him, or are you assuming no one got him even though you couldnt ever say on account of you not getting him?

I don't know. But philosophy still suffers today from the same things Wittgenstein critiqued. So I assume if he was of the same mind he would say similar things.