What is your opinion on this mastershit?

What is your opinion on this mastershit?

I haven't read it

>mastershit
Seems pretty scientifically sound to me, so far.

This. Is it good or overhyped? It’s rated #1 everywhere in my country.

I'm about 10% through right now.
It's pretty interesting, but I'm generally interested in abiogenesis, evolution, the arise of sapience and self-awareness, and the arbitrary lines between species.

You may like it if you're likewise inclined.

my interest in humanity starts at agriculture, so a tad early for me
may still give it a read sometime though

ive got it, ive read it over a year ago. the memorable parts were about early history.

It became a stepping stone to other topics for me, so if your looking for depth you wont find it.

A good introduction to anthrology for laypeople.

I'd like more "Intro to the Sciences" books that respect the readers intelligence, and not treat them like drooling retards.

Anyone know a good primer on Astronomy? Bonus points for Radio Astronomy and related practices.

Is this worth reading?

I liked A Little History of the World by Baumbach, and still refer to A Little History of Philosophy sometimes, so I'm assuming all the other meme format brief introductories are equally alright at something. Nothing wrong with general ed and short chapters to give you the talking points.

First third was okay, then he starts rambling and mixing historical facts with personal viewpoints on different aspects.

>dude human rights and religion they're both fictions we tell to ourselves in order to cooperate

>mixing historical facts with personal viewpoints

I'd avoid reading anymore history books if I were you

Teleological nonsense and bad history.

I don't mind people shoving in a little bit of personal interpretation, but what this guy did was arbitrarily picking historical facts that supported his personal view, ignoring the facts that refute his hypothesis.

Which facts refute his hypothesis?

>dude human rights and religion they're both fictions we tell to ourselves in order to cooperate

Isn't that true? Maybe "fictions" is a loaded word for this but human rights and religions, like money, they only have any value as part of a shared belief system. If people stop believing in their value then that's it.

I think it failed to deliver. Only like 10% had to do with the future.
It had cool useful information. The conclusion articulated something I was already onto, which was kind of a bust, but at least he was able to articulate it better than me.

Yes, but just because they're socially constructed doesn't make them equal. He often compares religion to marxism to humanism. He even draws strange parallels between the way humanism is searching for a definition of "human" and the way religion strived to define "what is God".

I found his way of describing all "fictions" to be very superficial and puerile.

>just because they're socially constructed doesn't make them equal.

What page does he say this?

>He often compares religion to marxism to humanism.

Why not? They have all the similarities that he describes in the book.

I find your critique very superficial and puerile

He believes gender and sex are different things (he's part of the LGBT community btw)

by definition sex and gender means different things, my dude.

>it's justa narrative bro

modern day stirner is a gay zionist jewish buddhist colonist, pretty cool

He's a homosexual vegan jew. No wonder why this piece of propaganda is so popular.

And a commie

By definition on a paper so ten thousand sjw don't loose their fucking minds.

>imagine being this retarded

Not an argument. I bet you like Aristotle.

Pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking but as other anons have said it's a good introduction to anthropology. Very readable and easy to digest too which makes it a surprisingly quick read despite its length, so even if you don't like or disagree with it it's not going to be a slog.
Some interesting points and ideas but too much of it retreads Sapiens.

sex refers to biology gender refers to social behavior is this really so hard for you people to understand

he's a liberal dude are you retarded

STOP. EATING. MEAT.

But that's the meme you fell into. The way you behave is highly determined by your sex.

That's in there too.

>says nothing about pollution
>says nothing about humanity depleting worldwide wildlife by 60%+ in 200 years

Yeah it's all going to be OK guys, pop science garbage.

But that's the meme you fell into. The way you behave is highly determined by your sex. That's why most girls are into nursing and more men into engineering

i got into engineering to engineer a nurse