Aleksander Solzhenitsyn

He could have turned 99 today. What would he say about the modern society, literature and politics?

Whatever the CIA paid him to say

Andrei Tarkovsky.

He could have been 85 this year.

What would he say about the modern society, literature and film?

>*raises hand*
>Ppprofessor, I read online that like the Soviet Union wasn't umm wasn't actually that bad

>99 years of age
Most people become vegetable tier near 90, and they can't think enough to say anything.

He would be browse /pol/ complaining about niggers, kikes and women (he'd call them roastwhores). He would be part of the Kekistan movement

One thing is certain: he wouldn't have liked Trump.

He'd be pissed that most modern films weren't boring 6 hour slogs through hell, but probably stoked that his second best film had been the inspiration for the critically acclaimed first person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

What's his best?

It was "inspired" by Roadside Picnic novel, which has very little in common with Tarkovsky's Stalker.

This is how communist anime would look like.

>HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW GULAGS TOTALLY SUCKED

Wow, cool

I never said that the Soviet Union wasn't a shithole but solzhenitsyn is a know CIA shill
Wtf i love communism now

You know that Putin is a massive fan of Solzhenitsyn, gave him dozens of awards, and spent millions of dollars on media campaigns portraying Solzhenitsyn as the last living great Russian writer, right?

Known only to his estranged wife whom he left after telling her ( in response to accusations of infidelity) " I can't research women at the dinner table". It was only after she remarried in the seventies that she began to denounce his work as CIA shilling.

So, was Khruschov a CIA agent? Because he did a lot to make him famous in USSR.

The CIA lost any use for him after the Berlin Wall fell so he had to get a new master to serve like a bitch

Not the guy you're responding to but, Khrushchev was a liberal anti-communist who betrayed the USSR for the purposes of Ukrainian Nationalism.

Nigger literally every single person who was ever involved in the USSR "betrayed" the USSR

>Khrushchev was a liberal anti-communist

Its basically commie speak to say he had a brain

Are you Russians by any chance?

"I unironically love Ready Player One, it encapsulates the mind--no, the soul of a generation--no, the greatest generation in a threnody of love, angst, and yearning for a bygone halcyon era even 90s kids can never fully hope to understand."

Saddest anime betrayal.

There are much better russian writers who dont get the same treatment because they werent propagandists.

extremely mad Marxist retards

>Criticizing the Soviet Union makes you a Marxist
>Doubting the claims of Alexander "The Otto Frank of the East" Solzhenitsyn makes you a Marxist
>Supporting the Russia's territorial claims in the Crimea makes you a Marxist
>Admitting that the Liberalization process that took place under Khrushchev was the first step towards the dissolution of the USSR makes you as Marxist.
This is the state of the American Education system.

Reminder that pic related is his most important work.

Andrej Rubljow and the young Ivan

>someone please stop Jordan Peterson... *collapses*

Wrong.

This guy gets it. You can't even get the book in English print.

Gulag archipelago also top tier.

>b-but the Wikipedia article says his ex-wife said he said the work was folklore
>official sources Wapo and NYT

These kids today don't like reading, and defiantly don't like anything going against their oh so well crafted world views.

Thanks captain reddit