Hemingway

Trying to read A Farewell to Arms but the prose seems like it was written by a stoned 10th grader.

Are all his novels like this?

Hemingway BTFO away

que?

you destroyed hemingway the hack

o thx

but is this a common perception? why is he held in such high esteem?

their idiots compared to u

That shit was considered badass when it first came out. You only think that way because his style has been copied and recreated by hundreds of thousands, and has been drilled into unwanting minds in schools. You have no hindsight so it sounds edgy to you. How about you let that pebrain of yours think for itself without outside interference from epic memes.

its not edgy its just flat. he doesn't use any good adjectives and has clunky run on sentences

I haven't read much Hemingway, but I found it pretty similar. Posting an opinion like this on Veeky Forums, for some reason, comes across like a declaration of a final sentence for the author.
I can relate to you OP, and I too would be interested in hearing the opinions of others who see things differently and would spare the condescending that comes with not immediately loving and understanding any classic.

>"(((good)))" adjectives

is there a tier list I haven't seen?

no, but you know the ones im talking about. archaic/rare adjectives that hold a lot of meaning or a very specific meaning

This... is the power of lit.

Hemingway writes like a journalist, get used to it

HOLY....

This was one of his first novels so it's pretty clunky desu. But it's still better than most authors now and I dig it :/

Who would op contrast Hemingway with?

What's the hallmark of non-stoned-10th grader prose, to you?

Why the fuck do I keep coming back to this board...

>their idiots

>pebrain

>The triggered Feminway soyboys on immediate damage control

>muh purple prose
>muh ten-dollar words

I tried For Whom The Bell Tolls and i share your sentiment. His prose is so fucking boring it hurts.

>he doesn't know

>the poster of the woeful countenance

>The user of complicated intellect.

>muh feel the lion's roar from the bottom of your scrotum

You can read Hills Like White Elephants and you won't miss too much by skipping anything else of his works.

That novel is so fucking cringeworthy. Hemingway's self-insert and his fuckdoll.

B R A V O

you and me both...

The part with the rout is great tho