Do you agree?

Do you agree?

She sucked

Of course she did, where else would she get that money?

No, clearly a woman could write fiction without those things. It's not like writing fiction is difficult.
>A dragon flew into my mouth and died.
Damn that was hard. NOT!

That's anyone really. I mean who doesn't want or need that?

Idiots

You could always go to prison.
She is right though and I can't disagree with her in good conscience.

Men don't need it, that's why she only included women in the quote. Women are handicapped, so they need all the external help they can get.

Jane Austen, Emily Dickinson, Virginia Woolf, Mary Wollstonecraft all fucking garbage pseuds propped up by beta faggots

men don't need a place to write and money to by writing supplies? don't be a dummy, my man.

Go back.

What about the preponderance of poor male authors throughout history? Cervantes was a fucking galley slave.

Where does she think men get their rooms and money? Out of thin air?

You calling Leo Strauss beta faggot?

unironically this
its stupid how many retarded posters are on this board who think women can write

women shouldnt write fiction

Virginia Woolf is unironically better than the majority of male writers and one of the best authors to write in English

Yes, she got her money from idiots. Good job at spelling it out, user.

Yeah.

If there's pressure on you to publish, you'll push out mediocre work at a fast pace so you can pay the rent (see: King, Rowling). This is why most literary giants either had other jobs which supported their writing (Joyce, Kafka, Salinger) or had enough money in the bank and/or patronage not to worry about finances (Shakespeare, Byron, Shelley). Even Melville and Fitzgerald, who originally wrote to pay the bills, only produced their magnum opuses after they'd married into wealth. Historically, the canon favors authors who weren't "career" authors (i.e. didn't financially sink or swim based on the volume of their output).

The "room of one's own" point is a little more subtle, but it basically means you need a workspace where you won't be interrupted while you hone your craft. Most women in Woolf's day lacked this, and, as more and more women have started living alone and having careers, more and more women have become serious contenders for canonization.

So, yes, she's right.

19th century art is the century of dandys spending daddy's money

yes, which is why i believe women should have neither money nor rooms of their own

nope women are good at 3 things: fucking and birthing, cleaning and nurturing, performing and inspiring

they shouldn’t be allowed to write things down or congregate in same sex groups

No, but I'll fix it: "A woman must not try to write."

>more and more women have become serious contenders for canonization.
Not really.

......that's 6 things

but thats six things

The only female on the canon is Austen. The rest are trash. And even Austen is one of the worst on the canon.

No female writer in the last century deserves a spot on the canon and it's just getting worse.

Someone here have a problem with women.

>women attempting maths and logic
you are simply inferior as women. Go pine for Chad, real men are talking here

>Woolf
>Atwood
>Esquivel
>Adichie
>Angelou
>Plath
>Munroe
>Morrison
>Lee
>Hurston
All produced influential & critically-acclaimed writing in the past ~100 years.

>Who are the Brontes?
>Who is George Elliot?
>Who is Emily Dickinson?
>Who is Mary Shelley?
>Who is Willa Cather?

They're very good. Not great.

they're all shit compared to the white man

They're on the pseud-canon, sure. lol

Me and my friends call it the roastwhore canon for idiots lmao

>Two working hands
>Pen with ink
>Paper with some blank space

I NEED A HOUSE MONEY FOOD FRESH AIR A VIEW OF THE OCEAN GOOD MUSIC A CAT A GLASS OF WINE ETC ETC-nope

Agreed. It's from the same people who think Hemingway, Salinger, Fitzgerald, etc. are canon just because they read them in some high school English class. On the pseud and roastwhore canon.

Woolf is unironically superior to Joyce.

>Emily Dickinson
>fucking garbage

Pick uno m8