Other urls found in this thread:

hpmor.com/chapter/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

probably a liberal or a feminist

>I unironically enhoyed HPMoR when it first came out when I was in high school
end me

>the absolute state of fat people

America, pls

>Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, often abbreviated HPMOR, is a Harry Potter fan fiction by Eliezer Yudkowsky.[1] It adapts the story of Harry Potter by attempting to explain wizardry through the scientific method.[2] It was published as a serial from 28 February 2010[3] through to 14 March 2015.[4]
why is this a thing

applied mathematicians should all be rounded up and noosed

A level of fedora that reddit in 2011 could only dream of achieving.

Go read the first chapter.
hpmor.com/chapter/1

Is that Robert?

It's Eliezer Shlomo Yudkowsky.

yes unironically

no it's Dr. Gregory Sadler

>le utility functions
Why are utilitarians so autistic?

how can one man be such an autist

Kek, it's almost exactly what I imagined he'd look like when I read it

This guy is fucking hilarious; he's like the physical embodiment of the fedora ideal. Sam harris doesn't even know close to yudo's level of enlightenment

>he's like the physical embodiment of the fedora ideal
how do I overtake him

Because utilitarianism a anti-natural viewpoint which appeals to the autist's craving for abstract order and loathing of organic complexity.
How do you measure the worth and richness of a life's experience? Simple, you just rate someone on how happy they are on a one-dimensional scale! We'll call it a "utility function" because that's extra-sciencey.
How do you compare different people's experiences? Simple! Everyone's equal and so everyone's experiences are equal! It's very progressive and rational! And morality's as simple as that!

>be yudkowsky
>mah priors
>mah bayes
>throws it all out for the average of the crowd
welp

I actually began writing on how one o the scenes in Harry Potter would've completely viable, so long as the reader believes in the supernatural.
Notice magic, but spooky supernatural things.

Sometimes it's fun to think about the what-ifs.

DUDE SHANGRILA DIET VOTE HILLARY TO STOP THE WORLD FROM BEING TAKEN OVER BY AI

this but inornically

>This man is one of the brightest in the world according to half a dozen ivy league and Oxbridge tenured college professors.

We are doomed.

>Imverysmart.jpg

Um, sorry to burst your bubble

>tfw metabolically disprivileged

He looks like a 56% desu.

This is why I can no longer take academia seriously. The circlejerk is absolutely insane.