Is it good?

is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7CpS0gtlk
scientologyhandbook.org/dynamics/sh2_2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's probably the only truly important thing humans have ever done.

>Metaphysical
> Practice by Scientology and Nation of Islam
>Sci fi author
> Pseudoscience

Yeah pretty good. Go ahead.

The mods delete these threads now because they don't want people to improve

Nope. Because it's not literature.

what the fuck are you talking about? how is it not literature?

Because it isn't. Prove that I'm wrong.

whats your definition for literature?

>book written by the most prolific writer of all time
>isnt literature
>threads about girls sitting in bookshops with their feet out get 100s of replies

You really need your theton levels checked. Have you ever been audited?

this is such a boring thread to keep making

It's really complex actually. But all start with the book not being written by a bad sci fi author.

>keep making
im new to Veeky Forums and i wasn't aware that dianetics was a meme on this board. i just watched the film the master and wanted to see what Veeky Forums's opinion on the book is.
so according to you there's no such thing as bad literature?

>Most profilic writer of all time
Please don't make me laugh.

He holds the world record for having the most published books. You may not like him but he was prolific by any measure.

That movie it's really good. But Scientology it's a joke, a sci fi that it's taken too serious.

Scientology isn't a story, it's a philosophy. It makes no sense to say it's a "sci-fi story taken too far."

Well Stephen King too. But, does it make him a respect author by the critics?

Prolific doesn't necessarily mean talented.

It's not a philosophy if all started with this author trying to be some kind of Arthur C. Clarke.

>ITS NOT LITERATURE BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IT
how can one board be this autistic?
just because someone isn't respected by the critics doesn't mean their work isn't 'literature'.

Going Clear is good if you want to learn a bit more about Scientology/ L. Ron. Also look into Heaven’s Gate

Tell this for the pseudo-critics here that loves the KJB and the Greeks.

The assumption here is that a philosopher can't write non philosophy and vice versa. It's absurd.

Do me a favor and look up the definition of prolific.

are scientologists the most anti-semitic race on earth? youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7CpS0gtlk

They can. But his work it's considered pseudoscience, there's no hard study besides by people inside Scientology. It's ironic we discussing Scientology here, because it was Veeky Forums Anonymous whom made that protest against them.

Do me a favor and spend your life reading something that worth. Life it's too short to read this kind of shit.

"Pseudoscience" isn't a damn genre, it's an opinion which has nothing to do with the question we're currently discussing, which is whether or not Scientology is a philosophy.

Stop reading what? I'm not a Scientologist, I just think it's stupid to deny that Hubbard was a prolific author just because you don't like his philosophy, religion, or stories that he wrote.

sam harris's waking up is psuedoscience
marcus aurelius's meditations is psuedoscience

whats your fucking point

Is the book titled Diabetics?
A body thetan made me say that.

Okay mate, he's a profilic author. Are you happy now? For god's sake.

>Your fear of capture and imprisonment is an implant from millions of years ago.
Prove him wrong Veeky Forums

My point is, we shouldn't spend your time reading pseudoscience.

our**

Thats a valid point and I respect your opinion but that's not what the fucking thread is about.

If its bullshit, is it GOOD bullshit? If not, where do i go for GOOD bullshit? I want someone who claims to have the answers despite whether or not those answers are real. I want a bullshit artist and I wan't the best one

Please give me examples

It's okay to be wrong but don't pout about it and pretend I'm in the wrong for calling you out about it. When I make mistakes and people correct me I'm genuinely thankful because I like learning.

>I want a bullshit artist and I wan't the best one
Hegel

But don’t give your money to Scientology.
They want your money, ya dope ya.

Okay sorry, I was rude up there and I admit that.

That's for sure. They just want your money. Remember Pynchon.
You hide, they seek.

Why should I give them money if they provide a service that I value? Are they taking the money and killing children or something? Are they using it to dump toxic waste into the ocean?

Why don't you take a Dianetics class at your local Scientology org and find out? It's like $50-$100 for 12+ hours of rigorous Dianetics training. I think you get the book for that price too.

I was actually doing a free Scientology online course (the reason's for life or something). I still need to go back and review a couple of my answers apparently. It's funny to think there are actual live people reading my answers, even though I'm being honest.

They already have alot of money. They have Tom Cruise.

Hubbard is big with actors, but Stanislavsky is better, and you’ll avoid David Miscavige and Xenu.
Stanislavsky is a good way to learn psychology. Hubbard said we have this perfect computer-like mind, if only we can rid ourselves of body thetans. That’s an attractive idea, but is it true?

It doesn't matter so much if its true or not. The thing is, does it work? Is it beneficial to believe that our minds are like computers with perfect recall? I think that's something worth testing out. Try living like it actually is true and use Dianetics and see if your life doesn't improve.

That’s why actors are the ones who go for him, and some of them made it big.
But David Miscavige and Xenu took the fun out of it.

Hubbard says basically the meaning of life is to survive. There are different levels (types of survival) these are called dynamics. I think he has something here anyways.

You can read the dynamics here: scientologyhandbook.org/dynamics/sh2_2.htm

Has there ever been a clear, someone you could observe?
Miscavige is the role model, and he’s destroying whatever good there was in it.

How would I know?

Hubbard had a whole big event where he claimed he had a clear and was trying to show off her abilities and it went bad for Hubbard. She couldn't even do basic things like remember what color Hubbard's tie was despite Hubbard claiming she had a perfect recall of every moment of her life.

It would be like pretending to be Vulcan, from Star Trek.

I can’t think of one clear. Miscavige was supposed to be a prodigy.

A prodigy in being clear? That doesn't make any sense because "being clear" isn't something that somebody can excel at. You're either clear or you're not.

Miscavige was a young prodigy when it came to auditing. You're confusing things that you only half learned about Scientology.

Didn’t Miscavige cure himself as a boy of all sorts of ailments after one 45-minute session?
Is Miscavige, you, or anyone else clear, to serve as a role model?
Or are we playing make-believe?
Because if it’s make-believe, there’s better alternatives.

And I was using prodigy in the sense Miscavige was a boy.

Nobody likes you except for me

What the fuck are you even asking?

Depends on what you are looking for

Don't you have to have a partner to do Dianetics? I only watched a video explaining what it is but it didn't really say how to do it.

Can you name one clear in the history of Dianetics?

bought it from a thrift store so that I wouldn't receive mail from the church for the rest of my life.
its shit just like everything else he ever wrote.

Why would you think I would know if somebody was clear?

>marcus aurelius's meditations is psuedoscience
nonsense

I’m clear, and Dianetics is bullshit.

I've read through parts of it. It's pretty much all made up bullshit; Hubbard wasn't involved in any serious psychological research program at all. What's interesting about it is that he's found out exactly what a particular segment of the population wants to believe. It attracts people who want special powers, want past life memories, want to heal their bodies without medicine and so on.

>It attracts people who want special powers, want past life memories, want to heal their bodies without medicine and so on.

This here is some clumsy and unnecessary repetition and I would be very surprised if it wasn't intentional.