Reading fiction

>reading fiction

Admit it Veeky Forums, you just crave entertainment.

What is entertainment?

What is reading?

at least I’m not a plot baby

What is fiction?

>Hehehe I'll just question the definitions of everything, that'll show 'em!
Philosophy is trash. Socrates was a brainlet. Yet pseuds continue to perpetuate the tradition he began.

Socrates was the smartest man in Athens and no one since Nietzsche and Wittgenstein has come close to him in the West, his only peers are Lao-Tzu, Chuangzi, Nagarjuna and The Zen Patriarchs and masters outside of Nietzsche and Wittgenstein. Anyone who instinctively dislikes Socrates is probably an enemy of the species and a threat to all life on Earth in the long term

Philosophy is the love of knowledge, but it's end result through history has been a rejection of knowledge as being certain. The entire project defeats itself

No, seriously? Why should one be ashamed to admit they crave entertainment as implied in the OP?

Wrong pal. I crave status and attention too.

>thinks philosophy starts with definitions
Absolutely the state of Veeky Forums. Read Kant before you start shitting on philosophy

If I craved entertainment I would be smoking meth and playing call of duty with hookers. What does frog posting feel like?

>implying you can't learn anything from fiction at all, not even life lessons.
What is a fable?

>reading

>learning "life lessons" from fiction

You crave entertainment.

>LITERALLY UNIRONICALLY IMMERSING YOURSELF IN ENTERTAINMENT AND "ART" IN THE YEAR TWENTY SEVENTEEN RATHER THAN ENFORCING YOUR WILL UPON THE WORLD

>reading for aesthetic qualities

You crave entertainment.

I like other people's attempts at worldbuilding.

I see no problem with this.

>Philosophy is trash
[citation needed]

Okay. I crave entertainment

>immersing yourself in a fictional world rather than trying to transcend your own

You crave entertainment.

>there are people reading this board right now who subsume and dilute their consciousness by immersing themselves in virtual sensous experience

Is this the griffithfag shitting up yet another board?

I don't think you know just how severe this can get

I do crave entertainment. You are entertaining me, OP. And you hate me for it.

lol. Fuck you.