Hi Veeky Forums I'm not from here but is there a book you guys recommend that's so depressing it'll push me to finally...

Hi Veeky Forums I'm not from here but is there a book you guys recommend that's so depressing it'll push me to finally kill myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

allhailwest.livejournal.com/34174.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my diary desu

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

this

Depressing books usually make you feel a little better
The standards are Dostoevsky's Notes
Houllebecq's Whatever
Pessoa's Book of Disquiet
Ouzama's No Longer Human

Notes From Blunderground. Chances are you'll realize your reading ability has declined so much that you're unable to even get through a tiny hundred page book and kill yourself midway, as intended.

No I want to kill myself not feel better

The Metamorphosis

this, it will make you dread the life that's ahead of you!

good luck user

If you can't kill yourself as is, then you're a lost cause.

Also Stoner.

read the entire goosebumps series followed by the entire anamorphs series, and if you still don't see that life is worth living, I guess you truly cannot be saved.

The Elementary Particles, i askhually contemplated it for a moment when i finished that shit. Never again

I hate Veeky Forums. What are you going through user?

I’m reading a short story collection called "Evening Proposal" by one Hye-young Pyun right now. I don’t think it’s especially famous, but certainly it is very depressing. Every story has a man trapped in an incredibly dull life being confronted with some kind of change or difficulty, unable to handle it.

E.g. in one story a guy is taking up a job in a branch of his company (branches of faceless companies feature in almost every story) and moving into a house there that’s supplied by the company more or less, with his pregnant wife. They move into this house without even having looked at it beforehand, and it turns out there is a giant dog, actually not aggressive, just very playful, guarding this house and another one. Now the pregnant wife is so afraid of this dog that she cannot leave the house alone. The owner of both houses refuses to do anything about this dog.
Now this is a situation a sane man could reasonably handle in a number of ways, right? It’s not a giant blow of fate.
Yet this guy goes mental (and all this is still told in a very dull tone), baiting the dog deep into a dark forest, where he chains and poisons it. Then darkness has fallen and the guy cannot find his way back. He stumbling through the forest, gets covered by a cloud of mayflies (they invade his nostrils and all), eventually sets the woods on fire and passes out. That’s the end of this story, and they’re all like that.

I guess it’s slightly of Kafkaesque, and thinking of this, Kafka also wrote some stories which I think should be very suicide-inducing. "The Judgement" is my favorite one. Maybe you can just read it half a dozen times in a row and be done with it.

Another yet unmentioned author is Thomas Bernhard. All his works have a despairing tone, but some have a kind of darkly humorous ending -- these are probably not what you’re looking for.
Some which are bleak from front to back (afaik, haven’t read all of them):
- Early stories
- Extinction
- Frost
- The Lime Works
- Concrete

Skylark

Carrots all the way down by Bugs Greeny

ready player one

Infinite Jest

crime and punishment

>Ending your own life because of feelings

The Conspiracy Against the Human Race

The Myth of Sisyphus.

I want books that are depressing not books that are so bad it's depressing. I want to jump off a cliff not read trash, that'll just piss me off.

I'm also interested in depressing books. I will get book of disquiet, thank you fourth channel

Read this Gass essay
allhailwest.livejournal.com/34174.html

Oh shit I just bought that for feels, will it exacerbate crippling loneliness?

>Death will not fill up an empty life and in a line of verse it occupies only five letters of space.

Goddammit Gass, I'm not going to let you near my feels if you assault them like this

Damn

If you think this book was depressing then you misunderstood literally everything about it

It's literally on Veeky Forumss recommended depression list, are you saying all of /lit,/ is wrong?

Hey my feelings are real

Stop whoring for attention, OP.

Thanks user, your post was very well written.

The Blind Assassin

Okay, I will, thank you

The Trial

I don't know why I just wanted to fucking end it after I was done

i recommend reading this guy's diary

Leopardi's cantos

Here you go user.

>all of Veeky Forums works on and agrees on every recommendation list
wew lad

Wow these are a lot of books
>rape a love story
Uhhh

Here

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius... it’s helped me a lot

Everything okay user?

I've just begun to read this but I don't want to kill myself. Should I stop?

Pls don't kill yourself. You'll never know who I am, nor I you, but I love you. You are loved. I can't tell you things will get better, but I can tell you that when someone close to you, someone you need takes their own life, they don't end their suffering... they just pass it on. Grin and bear it user, you have the strength. Disconnect from social conventions, find what makes you happy, and LIVE.

genuinely yes
Ligotti makes regular updates on his forums about all of his health complications and how the doctors and nurses treat him like shit and it 100% depressing

The book is the best manifestation of crippling loneliness I've encountered so yes. Or instead of wallowing in self-misery you could place that effort into bettering yourself in some manner. But you and I both know where we are - that isn't going to happen.

>literally everything
maybe you should kill yourself

Anonymous posts are a poor expression of recognizing and giving compassion to the essence of another subject friend-o.

>But you and I both know where we are - that isn't going to happen.
Sigh, you're right.

Maybe Nausea.