Top Veeky Forums for 2017

So anons,
When are we going to make a legitimate thread about finding out Veeky Forums's favourite 2017? I would be interested in undertaking such a project, but I would need the help of some anons to find a good system to acquire and compile data.

>inb4 "b-but we have 2017 chart"
It's fake.

Always thought it was retarded to revise the best books every year. Makes more sense to compile a list of current year books you should read.

That would be good. I struggle to find much modern lit of merit.

I, too, hope that the magnum opus of the living legend himself, Kevin B. MacDonald, wins. Let's do this, Veeky Forums.

The worst part is that this is exactly why you faggots are doing this and there's a bunch of people in Veeky Forums who will end up falling for that.

>tfw single handedly got the bible to position 6 in 2016s list by spamming the poll

Compilation has to be manual because of variations in entry. You can already give up if you don't have time for that.
Google forms isn't spam-proof but neither is anything public, so you don't have much of a choice. Even though the fake chart poster has probably given up hope by now you'll always have someone trying to shit up your data, all you can do is make the results public and filter out the spam. There's not a lot you can do against about ballot-stuffing of possibly legit results like Infinite Jest, Ayn Rand, Bible etc. but nobody takes their scores seriously anyway.

I agree, however there isn't a culture for reading new releases here. Maybe a top 10 rather than top 100 would be possible, though.

Come on, reddit. Don't be such a buzzkill. Just because you can't appreciate this literary classic it doesn't mean nobody else will. We don't come to your place and start screaming about Harry Potter.

So, no way to do a new list, right?

>it's fake
im sorry your meme books didnt make it on the 2017 list but calling it fake ad nauseum for a year isn't gonna do anything
we have a 2017 list, get over it

Wow. If it's legitimate, it changed a lot.

>my meme books got in so the fake list is fine

the OP is probably the same frogposting faggot who tried to rig the polls by voting for some fake books a million times, and then his votes got culled, so he made like 10 different threads trying to to do a "real" vote, except he blatantly manipulated the votes and got called out on it and eventually his "new poll" threads got deleted on sight

the top 100 is the same ~50 books in some order every year, and then a bunch of random books get in with 1 - 2 votes each cause not that many actually browse Veeky Forums and vote.

Damn, people adulterating votes.
But we should do something more democratic, a definitive list that doesn't suffer of adulteration. Someone trustworthy. Wait... What am I talking about, we are all anonymous here, nobody is trustworthy.

This is what you don't get, you retarded incel These lists never change, Veeky Forums isn't well populated enough. We get that you started coming here only last year when you saw or top 100 or came for the elections or some other similar shit but just as the top 100 won't change, it's very easy to see it's you. Please stop.

fpbp it's the most pointless fucking thing ever. to rehash every year. something like a new releases list would be much better but most of Veeky Forums don't want to admit they only read old books so they can feel better than other people.

Neck yourself Percy

It's literally fake

Not to mention any list that contains the complete works of Shakespeare as a single book is moronic enough to ignore.

best posts ITT
neck yourself OP

>most of Veeky Forums don't want to admit they only read old books
Most of Veeky Forums wear that as a badge of honour

I always thought that Veeky Forums was a very popular thread. Knowing it made me feel sad.

> so they can feel better than other people.

Fragments of sentences don't get across the entire meaning.

gotta hand it to you, you've posted this enough that now I almost do wonder whether you're the fake chart guy or a genuinely confused user
for those who didn't waste enough of their time here to follow this bullshit, the fake chart was fittingly made by the same guy who later spammed polls with his fake book

these discord fags are literally the worst.

No. Put your autism aside and stop. These things do nothing but lower board quality.

nobody's read more than a handfull of books published in 2017 apart from Gerald. Gerald has been banned from the internet by his mum

Yo jacob hurley haven't you noticed that literally nobody else ever reposts your fake chart
Just let them do their thing nobody believes you

Oh... okay. I just thought it would be neat to continue the trend, and no one was on it. I figured the community would be more excited to something like this officially - I must have missed the other threads.

I did this for /fitlit/, while it existed, having each person have a top 5, where each is given one vote, and a bottom 1, which remove a vote to any other book on the list. I thought I could do it again.

Thanks for your honest input.

Don't feel bad babe, your heart was in the right place. You're trying to contribute and that's a good thing.

fake

Why is Faust always so low? I think it’s probably top 3 material

Do something for new books (21st century) and that might be of interest
They'll all be shit though

I guarantee only 1% of this board has read a book published this year. And its only correct given the state of literary culture today.

stop advertising your gay discord

Real list. Repeat, real list. As all lists of 2017 are real and official now. All the fake people here are subversive merely for a purpose that anyone can guess. I wouldn't go out of my way to say that these things got started with necessarily good intentions, but there was at least an intent to do good for the community here. Yet that has fallen away, as has the actual people behind most of the posts on Veeky Forums. Unfortunately, that is the state of things here today, to never have a top 100 list of books receive any certification of official without the qualifier of official by some's standards. All reports of fake are themselves fake, and that this is the real top 100 can only be verified by the fact that these fake posters are here declaring it otherwise. All posts henceforth will be more specific and the attack will increase on specific books in this list because certain people don't want you meme'd into holding any of those books with high regards. These people and their fake posts have given a new layer to what will be seen and felt to be true come 2018. I hope all that read my message hear it clearly. This list is the real list and will always be accompanied by fake posters saying that it is fake. This will occur even for other official lists but those will be fake. I know I cannot explain how one can be real and the other fake, but you must believe that there is a reason for this, and that that reason is contained within the contents of these books. Only those who see this as a joke will try to attack the legitimacy of my claims, but you must understand before it is too late, that Veeky Forums has given it's official word and yet has no control over the claims of any of its contents being real or fake. Please, look at this list and know that it is real, it is the only list of 2017. These are the books you must read in order to understand the threat against you and I. This list is the only hope we have left. Please, read this list. It is real.

I-I would still like a new chart

Well this is as useless a thread as any, so I'll use it instead of bumping a thread off the board. These books, good gift for my faggot brother?

The only reason this is true is because everybody on this board wants to feel like they're a classical intellectual. Reading anything contemporary wouldn't give them the same satisfaction

you could always do a top 50 works of philosophy list.

if you want to do it, you gotta do it. If you are waiting for everyone in a mongolian pipe smoking site to agree with your idea to do something you will starve to death with a sharpie in pooper

if you get it done, I'm sure most people will join to vote

My idea make a google form, placing all the books from the top lit 100 3 years ago and rerun it

Nigga Got To Thriftbooks.com Not Amazon Nigga Save 30 Dollars

Why do both of these lists have Lord of the Rings on them? I propose the addition of a Rushdie novel, and pic related. Y tambien, there are more interesting holy books than the Bible.

No Decameron either. The top 100 list has begun a slow descent into non-relevance.

>no Nick Land
nice try.

the top 100 list had lowkey r/books tier works on it since its conception

books are never good gifts. most people dont like reading and dont like you pushing your taste on them

Bump