Age progression thread

Some other user had this idea but that thread is nowhere to be seen now. Anyway here's mine. 10 and 13 chosen pretty randomly. By age 16, school had turned me away from books for a little while and I didn't read that much. Now at age 20 I read often.

Format

is this the facebook thread?

It's the, "Show how gay you are" thread

Here you go OP

first i read kid books
then i read ya
then i read exciting easy fiction
now i read fiction

was this interesting?

That was quite fun to make, remembered some things I hadn’t thought about in years. Sadly I read very little in my late teens and early twenties.

>progressed to read women

Fuck off back to plebbit, dumb fucking retard

Not Veeky Forums fuck off to /r9k/ and kill yourself

Embarassing.

Lesbians don’t count.

Dykes count twice as much

I don't read much.

My taste these days is complete patrician

>Chomsky
You're getting there, maybe in another couple years you'll be tolerable

Nice, Chilean?

I like Juan Rulfo

Yeah

I need to read Pedro Páramo again.I'm looking forward for El llano en llamas.

I wanted to make a meme about putting Rick and Morty and JBP at the end but the thought of putting that much effort into a five second joke kind of gets to me.

Just to be clear, I'm not into his politics, but rather his linguistics. That being said, while I love his work, I don't agree with it too much. In terms of linguistics, I'm more inclined to Montague grammar, cognitive grammar, and stuff like Ray Jackendoff.

I'm not as interested in poltical theory or political philosophy as I was when I was say 16, and admittedly I'm not too well read on the subject, but from my superficial knowledge of the subject, I'm inclined to philosophical libertarianism (i.e. not the libertarian party, but what analytic philosophers describe as libertarianism), classical liberalism, the no-harm principle, and from what I've read about it, Robert Nozick's philosophy (although I haven't read his own work yet). I consider myself a "green libertarian".

>le postmodern philosophy but modernist lit is intellectual face

Is it a revelation now to admit a nigger face looks different from a whit bitches face? Are we winning? Who's winning?

these were always some of the most embarrassing threads I saw when I used to browse /mu/

You had better taste at 16

le face is le negro face

i took the lazy man's way

What's with the ejaculating cock?

making this shit is pretty gay - it's symbolic of it

Never ventured outside the Angloverse yet?

this is really just what I liked at each age. I have read a lot of other stuff I just idk don't get into it as much. American lit is where I've found the most value for myself

I'm only doing this so I have an excuse not to work for a few minutes.

Shakespear doesn't count as literature it's all plays. You wouldn't say movie scripts are literature, would you user?

>implying that's not an excuse

Both excuses are to justify the same thing, which is me engaging in narcissistic procrastinating memes.

semicolons between each Philosopher
y tho

Age 10
>A Ripple in Time
Age 13
>The Hobbit
Age 16
>Hopscotch
Age 20
>As I Lay Dying

It made sense when I listed each item in its own line, after that idk y

A lot of people here started to read often very early. I barely read any books until I was about 16.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit of a retard. I see some of the books I read in a later age shown here in earlier ages. An example of this is The Catcher in the Rye, never heard of it until I was 20, I think it might be something people read in high school in the US but it isn't well-known here.

I chose some of my favorites at each given time. I wanted to add a 17-18 but it was already taking too much time.

maxillary prognathism looks so fucking ugly

honestee is the best polecee

Would the books recommended here be for older audiences or could they apply to someone who is, say, 16?

Some of them, why?

Well ... I'm asking for a friend.

Well, little lad, you're clearly quite stupid
Go read some more Harry Potter

But honestly, just read what you're interested in. Don't just read things so that Veeky Forums doesn't say you're a pseud. You are still a kid, you hace time to find out what you enjoy and understand.

ei, compatriota!
quer ser meu amigo? :3

ayyy, including osamu's schoolgirl.
nice

why would anyone ever spend anytime making of these? Are you teenagers that attention starved

Yes pls rate my post

>Those arent books

Took me like ten minutes and it was fun to go down memory lane

11-14: the Brontes, Dostoevsky, Hesse
15-18: Kafka, Faulkner, PKD
19-22: Plato, Kierkegaard, Rilke

You all started reading so early, I started at 16~ with Lovecraft. I'm 21 now and most of my friends still don't read.

Childhood is idolizing Joyce. Adulthood is when you realize that Beckett makes more sense

LOL at all these leftist kids itt who've been reading jewish propaganda their whole lives and still lack the self-awareness to understand how the highly unoriginal pro-jewish leftist opinions they hold got into their heads. But I guess brainwashing wouldn't be brainwashing if the brainwashed knew he was brainwashed.

kids don't read James Joyce user, i've never met someone younger than 15 who wasn't borderline genius who could read Joyce at all.

Show us your progression then.

It was very similar, obviously, but then again this hyper-version of the internet wasn't around for most of it so there was more of an excuse for being ignorant of things like the JQ.

lol i don't read

>nobody but a borderline genius could understand Dubliners before the age of 15

Spare me

They literally teach Joyce to 15 year olds in Ireland you retard

I read whatever interests me. You get outside of college, give it a few more years, and realise that you're not really accomplishing much by reading increasingly difficult literature. In fact, it's a misplaced form of elitism if you're not looking for a career in academia or as a novelist. I don't enjoy the fetishism of young-adult novels employed by people reaching their mid-30s but I edge towards believing that many of them, as long as they're sincere, have a greater love of books than a lot of Veeky Forums. It's only when you can go between something plebby and something hardcore that you've finally made it. That's the endgame.

why would anyone ever spend anytime posting here? Are you teenagers that attention starved

nice user, keep going

Thanks.

Are you all really 18-22? Jesus, I'm too fucking old for this place.

(I felt the same way when I first started looking at age threads, but I think older people just don’t post on age threads)