Bookcase Thread

Come one, come all, come pseuds and brainlets of all ages. Now that the semester has ended, the time is ripe to show off your collections.

Why do you stack your books like that? Do you unstack/restack them if you want to read a book on the bottom?

I don't actually read them. Stacking them this way is better for impressing tinder sluts.

the picture looks flipped, look at the reflection on the right side of the books. Or Im a literal dunce and cant sense humor

Pretty nice little stack. What would happen if someone said you could only keep three of them?

>fulton j sheen

DROPPED.

What's wrong with Sheen? He is so comfy.

Why don’t you have The Third Reich in Power?

>smaller books sandwiched inbetween
>sweating_frog.jpeg

I really don't know the proper way to shelf.

Local used bookstore didn't have it. By the time I read the other books I had enough fill of Nazis to prevent me from ordering it online. I'll grab it eventually.

>THE CHARLES MARTIN METAMORPHOSES (ONE OF THE WORST TRANSLATIONS OF ALL TIME)
>A FUCKING ANTHOLOGY OF WITTGENSTEIN THAT ABRIDGES HIS WORK
LMAO

I keep forgetting to finish Hopscotch.

I own Slow Learner but it's a smaller Windstone edition I grabbed on eBay. It's just too small to be seen correctly in the first picture unless if I have it not pushed to the back.
Last shelf is likely going to be OP shop stuff.

>all those cormacs
>no blood meridian
also nice shit tier LOTR cover

You have a lot of very good books. However why do you have 5 copies of Plato's Republic ? Maybe i'm missing something, i don't know.

It was cheap for LOTR. Sorry for not paying $50 for the more fancy edition.

oh, sorry didn't realise cus of the saturated colour, and the 1994 edition of LOTR (all three hobbit included) in seperate parts is only like £15

Yeah I know these editions are a bit ugly but they are all from a local book store for cheap new. I might just buy the two or so I miss online.

What version of that? I haven't read them yet but I know how the plot is. Likely will only read up to Silmarillion.

these ones, absolutely beautiful editions if you can find them non-sun-faded

Part of mine, favourite mostly.

We should all start our own booktube channels with the only content being a 2-3 minute bookshelf tour

> Andrei Bely in english
How? Why?
It's like poetry but even worse in terms of translation. What's the point of reading it if you not a native speaker?

Poorfag reporting in.

I've already posted in these threads before, but there's enough new books that it'll be worth it.

And that's all of them.

I enjoyed the translation a lot. Im sire its untranslatable, but that did not stop Mcduff from writing good prose and an interesting rendition.

I just started reading, and I thought I liked it, but I got bored by week Two after I bought all of the memes. Does anyone want free books? You just have to drive to my house. I don’t get my license till February, or I would transport them for you.

And try to come sometime between 9-5. My parents don’t know I took their credit card number to buy them. The credit card company marked it off as identity fraud or whatever, so I don’t want my parents to see the books when I’m putting them in your car

I’m an unfunny cunt.

I guess I sometimes think trying to be funny and failing is better than not saying anything at all. But that is clearly fucking wrong

Or I’m so desperate for attention that I’ll say something even though I know it will bring negative attention to myself

Fucking social masochist

Get a picture of those 2 paintings, user

No one rated my shelf last time :(

must be hard to look at that shelf during the night.

Bully me daddy

Oh ya. I’m letters-fag. The one that buys people’s letters to feel special

Haha, that was short-sighted. Am I gonna get doxed because I let those pictures get in the picture?

>bookcase
>case
>se
>e(!=es)
>singular form
brainlet plebs

If you live anywhere near central Maryland I'd be interested in the free books.

How absolute the knave is

No, are you paranoid? I just wanted to see them, they look quite pretty

Ya, I am paranoid, but that is a ridiculous picture of a three year old boy in a Victorian smock. Your interest in it validates my paranoia. Unless you are talking about some other picture I don’t see.

I love you son, always have. Though we disagree at times, and I sometimes find you hard to understand, I know that that is all part of you growing up and becoming your own person.

Still son, Barnes and Noble leatherbounds? Stop being a faggot.

:*

Those Tintins, nice

SOPA

I rate your's 0 out of 10 because of Olavo de Carvalho.

They were a present.

>rubiks cube
do you have autism?

so how many have you read

I used to. I now use it as a bookend.

what’s that edition of dorian gray?

How shit is this lit?

Lyke 2

Kek
I'm not a "olavete" but yes I read some of his books, and the "Tudo..para não ser um idiota" is terrible. I don't like it.

lmao we have the same bookshelves

What's wrong with owning an exegesis if you also own the original work?

1. First one I bought
2. Second copy because I wanted a better translation
3. I bought because it was old and looked cool
4. The edition I bought for a class
5. Contained within the Complete Works.

>most of Kierkegaard's works in the Princeton editions
>Knuth's art of computer programming
>what looks like everything Rawls ever wrote
>what looks like Frege: Philosophy of Language
>Zibaldone
>Making It Explicit
your power level is unfathomable

>wasting years of your life learning a language just to read a book whose cultural and historical idiosyncrasies will still be lost on you
i can tell you're a NEET

w-what's wrong with barnes and nobel

chappy more like crappy

observe and report is the best mainstream comedy of all time.

You wouldn’t happen to be Croatian would you?

you bought a lot of trash, reading is wonderful just don't force yourself to do it if you aren't in the mood. No other form of media besides classical artwork or music really compares at all

You're gonna like this one boys

It makes me physically Sick knowing that I’ll never find a women with a collection like that.

Since taking these pictures the bookcases have become completely full

Comics, arranged chronologically
Anthologies, arranged chronologically
Then regular fiction

Nonfiction politics/history in the bottom shelf and creeping in the second

Lol I like yours, how's the kool ad book?

who are you

Misc nonfiction bottom shelf

What are all those volumes on the bottom shelf?

How's the Captain Future novel?

It was okay

fucking ROASTED lmao kys yourself

Tu recommande cette édition de l'Illiade ?

I remember you.

The new Penguin classics clothbound one.

Tiny "collection", just recently started reading again and actually buying books instead of loaning them.

Last one

What is pic related?